Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1543609 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Election Megathread- It Is Terrifying
« Reply #225 on: January 28, 2015, 01:53:03 pm »

Here's hoping Palin and that black guy who quotes Pokemon run again.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2015, 07:46:41 pm »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2015, 07:48:31 pm »

A great new avatar! And I've found a great quote from the Hermanator to go along with it.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2015, 07:49:03 pm »

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:00:41 am by penguinofhonor »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2015, 07:49:39 pm »

Didn't someone have that as their avatar a few years ago?

No clue. It's possible.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2015, 07:51:12 pm »

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:00:36 am by penguinofhonor »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2015, 10:48:32 pm »

Wow, that's a low blow. why did it take me a solid minute of staring at the screen to get it, and why did i laugh
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2015, 12:52:02 am »

Wow, that's a low blow. why did it take me a solid minute of staring at the screen to get it, and why did i laugh

I don't get what you got? He's mockingly supporting palin?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2015, 01:02:34 am »

The joke in Footjob's post is that endorsing Palin has to be a sign of dementia.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2015, 01:06:13 am »

Maybe he's doing it for the lulz? Or he doesn't like anybody else and is just endorsing someone who definetly won't win? which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, politically, but uh, whatever.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2015, 04:17:11 am »

Well, she was his VP candidate (for some reason). Stating she's batshit insane would mean he made a mistake of picking her.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2015, 10:55:03 am »

Maybe he's doing it for the lulz? Or he doesn't like anybody else and is just endorsing someone who definetly won't win? which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, politically, but uh, whatever.
That's why it's a joke. See, it's not a factual claim. Rather, we're supposed to understand that in reality the article has nothing to do with dementia and is simply a political move, but that's not what somebody clicking on the link would expect. The juxtaposition of our expectations about what the link will contain and what it actually does contain creates humor. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum.

Plus, insulting political figures is an old tradition, and this snags McCain and Palin in one sentence by suggesting that you'd have to be mentally ill for your judgment to be so clouded that you'd endorse Palin, and that McCain's judgment really is that clouded.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2015, 10:07:40 am »

Compared with the republicans 10-15 potential candidates, the democrats have at best, five. I wonder why the democrats are being so un-enthusiastic about running? Besides being intimidated by Hillary Clinton.

Also, Romney is going to officially announce his plans soon (within two hours), he'll most likely say yes he's running, but could say no he isn't.

Hillary needs to decide like five minutes ago because everybody on the democrat side seems to be waiting for Hillary before making their own decision to run :P

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2015, 10:20:24 am »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:12:32 am by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1342