Poll

Good or bad idea?

Very good.
good.
meh.
bad.
Very bad.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions  (Read 53162 times)

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions
« Reply #375 on: March 15, 2015, 08:35:27 am »

Some elf ideas:
Are there DFhack codes to shape tree trunks into rooms/corridors/etc?
And about the druid part, could there be corpse/livestock/captives sacrifices to make trees grows/gain more druid points?
Or simply druid points from total tree/plant counts on the map?
Digging by making roots grow downward?

I have a concept of an otherworldly, cthulhu-like race.
Ye olde eldritch horror creatures, star spawns, cultists, etc.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:51:44 am by jason0320 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 15, 2015, 03:21:32 pm »

1. No.
2. 3. With DFHack, yeah.
4. Maybe.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 15, 2015, 07:57:13 pm »

Would Frog men be a fort race? I kinda like them, it could be like this:

-The surfase civs, the ones who use copper, would be what you control. "Savage" cave Frog men could be educated and brought into the population.
-max metal would be iron, copper for beggining.
-require regular hydration in form of submersion in water., that need replacing the Dwarf need for alcohol. Maybe would be buffed if fully hydrated.
-new traps and other things because of the ability to tame and utilize amphibious or underwater creatures. Like giant Olms, crocs or other things.
-would use Kobold like weapons, tribal mostly.
-Would still need air but of course could go under for long periods like half a day before needing to go up for air.
-would need to use animals, their amphibiuse abilities, and numbers to make up for their small (Kobold like) size.

Just some ideas, any suggestions?  :D oh and sorry for any spelling mistakes!
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 16, 2015, 12:03:19 am »

Would Frog men be a fort race? I kinda like them, it could be like this:

-The surfase civs, the ones who use copper, would be what you control. "Savage" cave Frog men could be educated and brought into the population.
-max metal would be iron, copper for beggining.
-require regular hydration in form of submersion in water., that need replacing the Dwarf need for alcohol. Maybe would be buffed if fully hydrated.
-new traps and other things because of the ability to tame and utilize amphibious or underwater creatures. Like giant Olms, crocs or other things.
-would use Kobold like weapons, tribal mostly.
-Would still need air but of course could go under for long periods like half a day before needing to go up for air.
-would need to use animals, their amphibiuse abilities, and numbers to make up for their small (Kobold like) size.

Just some ideas, any suggestions?  :D oh and sorry for any spelling mistakes!
I don't think that hydration mechanic is possible. Also fortress mode citizens never path through water. Even if they're legendary swimmers that can breathe underwater. I also don't think new traps are programmable, and dwarves can already tame amphibious creatures, and even water creatures. Water creatures are really difficult though, but I'm pretty sure nothing can be done to reduce that difficulty.

Water stuff in general just can't really be modded into the game except maybe with some intense df-hack wizardry, and unfortunately removing the water stuff they're basically kobolds, but without all the interesting kobold stuff.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 16, 2015, 08:12:06 am »

Oh, oops. Didn't look at it like that. Well thanks for the reply, I'm just throwing out ideas. ;D. I also have less than no knowledge in technical matters. :)
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #380 on: March 16, 2015, 08:50:35 am »

A waterbased race was in developement btw, they'd need water to breed and to power their workshops and the fortress layout should have been a partly flooded fortress with 3/7 waterways. I still like the idea.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #381 on: March 16, 2015, 10:35:25 am »

A waterbased race was in developement btw, they'd need water to breed and to power their workshops and the fortress layout should have been a partly flooded fortress with 3/7 waterways. I still like the idea.
That sounds pretty cool. So an amphibious race?

Would be interesting to make breeding a communal thing with a spawning pool or something where they come by to lay clutches of eggs and fertilize them.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 16, 2015, 11:47:39 am »

That sounds pretty cool. So an amphibious race?

Would be interesting to make breeding a communal thing with a spawning pool or something where they come by to lay clutches of eggs and fertilize them.

That could be a way around egg laying micromanagement. Bringing eggs to a workshop where the creature starts 'taking care of the egg', internally it would use the pregnancy script so it would 'give birth' later on.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #383 on: March 16, 2015, 11:51:52 am »

I just hope they don't accidentally flag their own eggs as cookable and start eating them.

Although maybe that is perfectly acceptable in their culture. Who knows.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 16, 2015, 11:59:35 am »

I just hope they don't accidentally flag their own eggs as cookable and start eating them.

Although maybe that is perfectly acceptable in their culture. Who knows.

That would be the modder's choice, but you can specify what the eggs are made off and if those are edible.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 16, 2015, 12:35:22 pm »

Aren't the snake people tribes the amphibius ones? It sounds cool either way.   :D

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #386 on: March 16, 2015, 01:41:03 pm »

Yes, the snake people were supposed to be that.

For reproduction I thought about a "nest" workshop that uses clutches of eggs, similar to what Boltgun described.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Enepttastic

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 16, 2015, 10:57:06 pm »

So, recently decided to play DF again and actually look at the mods, been working on MW off and on trying to figure stuff out but have a request:
If rectangular buildings/workshops are going to exist again, any chance they could be rotatable? There's just been times where the OCD design aesthetic part of me wishes some of them were 3x5 instead of 5x3.
If I ask a question assume I saw the answer and am thankful for it. I've a bad habit of testing the answer immediately and then forgetting to reply >.>

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #388 on: March 17, 2015, 12:26:02 am »

No. That cant be done. I can rotate the tiles on a 3x3 or 4x4 or 5x5 workshop, but I cant do anything if it's not a square.

There will be less of these 5x3 workshops however.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 17, 2015, 05:31:47 pm »

No. That cant be done. I can rotate the tiles on a 3x3 or 4x4 or 5x5 workshop, but I cant do anything if it's not a square.

There will be less of these 5x3 workshops however.
You could make two different workshops called "whatever 3x5" and "whatever 5x3" with the exact same reactions, but of course I believe you've been trying to reduce the number of workshops in the menu for a while now so that's probably not an option.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27