Poll

Good or bad idea?

Very good.
good.
meh.
bad.
Very bad.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions  (Read 53210 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2015, 04:33:18 am »

I had no issues with bins myself, but like most containers they slow down claiming when two archers need to restock. Unlike seeds however, if you have an effective production, you tend to have more bins than people to claim stuff in.

But yea, you need a melee training area for any training to occur, I did not see the full changes to training ranged skills but afaik you'd better produce bone ammo on repeat, with hunters to bring game to buncher constantly because it wastes ammo very quickly..

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2015, 05:29:19 am »

Stupid idea that popped into my head - if you need another race for some reason Tengu would work pretty well. Japanese themed weapons and caste-based air magic would work pretty well with them. A mid-game invader that could do some serious damage if you haven't gotten decent armour.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2015, 07:59:43 am »

Stupid idea that popped into my head - if you need another race for some reason Tengu would work pretty well. Japanese themed weapons and caste-based air magic would work pretty well with them. A mid-game invader that could do some serious damage if you haven't gotten decent armour.
It's western fantasy here ;) And flying invaders dont work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2015, 08:07:13 am »

I don't think Tengu actually have to fly... And only Western fantasy? That sucks! There's so much the rest of the world can offer and you're sticking to one tiny corner?!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2015, 08:11:35 am »

Yes.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2015, 09:23:42 am »

Japanese fantasy could be the domain of a total conversion.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2015, 10:29:57 am »

It's not that, but that vanilla DF has a western theme. Dwarves, Elves, goblins, dragons and giants. I want to keep it closer to DF this time.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2015, 02:31:30 pm »

I don't think Tengu actually have to fly... And only Western fantasy? That sucks! There's so much the rest of the world can offer and you're sticking to one tiny corner?!

That tiny corner is where the concept of fantasy and fiction, instead of legend or myth, was invented.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2015, 07:39:43 pm »

That tiny corner is where the concept of fantasy and fiction, instead of legend or myth, was invented.
...That sentence makes absolutely no sense.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2015, 07:54:18 pm »

...That sentence makes absolutely no sense.

I think I didn't expressed the idea clearly enough. I am sorry.

What I meant is that Western fantasy revolutionized the concept of fiction in the whole world, and even literature itself. So Western Fantasy is not something to scoff at. Given how much the concept is being developed since the last 200 years, and how much it influenced (and was influenced) literature in other cultures from the whole world, I would even say that it is pretty expansive and extensive.

In other words, a setting that uses exclusively western fantasy should, by no means, be considered barren or lacking of variety. If Meph chooses to not add oriental influence for his mod (as cool as it would be), he is not really impoverishing it by, any means.

Edit: The "fantasy" instead of "myth" is on the fact that, during the Victorian age, some writers started coming up with their own settings instead of writing romances and epics happening on our world. Instead of writing about Zeus or Odin and other existing mythological gods, they chose to create their own, unique gods, like Lovecraft and his horrendous pantheon. Minotaurs, ice giants and lamias sharing the same setting, mixing up already existing myths from different places. I am no expert on literature (my trade is industrial logistics), and it is possible that stuff like that happened long before, on other places, but still, the genre of fiction, even if not born in the west, became a big thing on there.

Of course, as far as I know. This is mostly rambling, and I am sorry, I do not intend to go on off topic here.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:10:03 pm by RodriguesSting »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2015, 03:13:01 am »

Whatever. Guess I'll have to kitbash a tengu invader race together and graft it on myself.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 03, 2015, 08:58:50 am »

Whatever. Guess I'll have to kitbash a tengu invader race together and graft it on myself.

Consider sharing it. I would legitimately like it, because I really love the creepy elements of japanese mythology, like tengu and oni. There are no lack of monster for you to make an evil faction. EA Yomi is my favorite faction from Dominions, after all.

Now, on the mod itself:

1 - Do you guys plan to ever implement elves, or you hate them that much? Because if you do (the later), it is completely understandable.

2 - As you're already working on a very interesting concept with the Hive, is there any possibility of you guys making a faction based around automaton? Sure thing, they wouldn't need stuff like food or drinks, which would possibly make the game too easy on them, but maybe you could change food for charcoal (made by burning trees or flesh). I mean, if you guys managed to pull out the Warlocks, I see no reason for those guys to not be functional?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 03, 2015, 09:42:38 am »

I recently added Onis as a demon caste for orcs to transform into, the traditional image of the creature matches what an orc may look like when corrupted.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2015, 02:46:12 pm »

I could certainly get behind an optional Far East creature plugin, if it were done well. Japanese monsters are deliciously weird.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2015, 03:52:30 pm »

Something Fortress Defence-y with more other cultures' mythic creatures would be pretty cool.  Some as curses would also work well I'd think, why weresloth when you can Penanggalan.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27