Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 25516 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Day 3 - Cold Revenge
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2015, 09:35:13 pm »

The fact that no one was killed is actually very strange. The mafia know exactly who our roles are: Dani is confirmed doctor, I'm unopposed Cop, and Scripten is quite likely town. Did they actually target Scripten knowing he's the only person the Doctor can heal?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2015, 10:36:14 pm »

It's also very possible that Supercharazad has just given up. If he is town, however, he needs to show up and start doing some work.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2015, 12:51:34 pm »

Haven't actually been able to use any internet apart from 3G on my incredibly shit phone for the last while, so I wasn't really capable of posting anything of any substance whatsoever. In retrospect, I probably should have just asked for a replacement, but I'm back on my desktop now and can post with some degree of regularity.

First of all, Dani is scum, as I said before. I wasn't around to claim cop when he did, but I'm going to go ahead and do that now.

I am the cop.

As we can see, DarkStar was scum. Going on my actual arguments against Dani, he tried to jump on a failing bandwagon with no real reasoning. As Dani falsely claimed to be the doctor, it's a certainty that he is Darkstar's scumbuddy and that Darkstar tried and failed to throw Dani underneath the bus.
As doctor, I protected Scripten both days on the basis that he is the IC and therefore, if town (which I wasfairly sure he was and am now certain he is), the town's biggest asset. This is likely why there was no kill, the mafia trying and failing to kill Scripten.
Also, UXLZ, are you seriously telling us that you made your role as the cop entirely useless both days? .

So yeah. Been inactive because I was unable to post anything of substance, am back now, Dani is scum, I am the doctor.
At this point I feel that the best course of action would be for us to vote nobody (It's MYLO, so we won't immediately lose) and for UXLZ to investigate me or Dani. Dani will be confirmed scum by the cop, and therefore confirmed scum to us all (Unless UXLZ is secretly the scum, but I can't see that being a possibility).
If UXLZ is nightkilled, then Dani is scum because they murdered him to avoid investigation.

At worst, we stand to lose nothing or win the game by doing that. I'll be protecting Scripten yet again tonight.

The fact that no one was killed is actually very strange. The mafia know exactly who our roles are: Dani is confirmed doctor, I'm unopposed Cop, and Scripten is quite likely town. Did they actually target Scripten knowing he's the only person the Doctor can heal?
Doctors can protect themselves, can't they?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2015, 01:40:13 pm »

First of all, Dani is scum, as I said before. I wasn't around to claim cop when he did, but I'm going to go ahead and do that now.

I am the cop.

-snip-

As doctor, I protected Scripten both days on the basis that he is the IC and therefore, if town (which I wasfairly sure he was and am now certain he is), the town's biggest asset.

lol

Vote Supercharazad

Did you forget which role you were fake-claiming midway through your post?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2015, 03:26:19 pm »

Yes, I committed the most heinous sin of all: The typo.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2015, 03:33:27 pm »

Twice? Doubt it.

Also, you're pushing for no lynch but voting for Dani. Can you explain that discrepancy?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2015, 04:15:34 pm »

Twice? Doubt it.
Believe what you want, I made a typo twice. I meant to say that I am the doctor, which now forms the entirety of my suspicion on Dani.

Also, you're pushing for no lynch but voting for Dani. Can you explain that discrepancy?
If we do lynch, I'd rather we lynch and win than mislynch and lose. If people agree to my plan, then we all unvote and the game can be won easily.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2015, 04:55:03 pm »

Believe what you want, I made a typo twice. I meant to say that I am the doctor, which now forms the entirety of my suspicion on Dani.

I find this explanation highly suspect. Can you explain why you may have made this "typo"? Role claims are very rarely subject to typos, as a player's role PM motivates their play all game.

If we do lynch, I'd rather we lynch and win than mislynch and lose. If people agree to my plan, then we all unvote and the game can be won easily.

Or you are conveniently away from the computer come deadline and you push a lynch on town instead of opting for a no-lynch. I don't like that idea.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2015, 05:10:48 pm »

I find this explanation highly suspect. Can you explain why you may have made this "typo"? Role claims are very rarely subject to typos, as a player's role PM motivates their play all game.

Because it's late and I didn't get much sleep last night?

Or you are conveniently away from the computer come deadline and you push a lynch on town instead of opting for a no-lynch. I don't like that idea.

Since I am town, sir, I find it decidedly inconvenient that I was away from my computer.
Basically, I'd rather have a no-lynch than a lynch, but if there must be a lynch then for obvious reasons I'd like it to be the scum. The no-lynch scenario only exists to prove my case against Dani, after all.

Do think that my plan is viable, Scripten? After all, you're the one with the experience here.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2015, 05:15:44 pm »

I should probably mention at this point that now I'm going to sleep, and then I'm going to school. I'll be back in 19 hours or so.

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2015, 11:42:38 pm »

... the best course of action would be for us to vote nobody and for UXLZ to investigate me or Dani. If UXLZ is nightkilled, then Dani is scum because they murdered him to avoid investigation.
<Emphasis mine.>
First of all, you need to work on your arguments. UXLZ's death is inevitable, since when I am confirmed as town by the investigation, it automatically points to you as the last scum, by process of elimination. Letting that happen goes against your win condition, so you will definitely NK UXLZ, and the investigation result does not see the light of day.
Saying that UXLZ dies == Dani is scum is a blatant lie. It's not even a plan: you're just falsely associating a probable event with a non-existent cause.
Spoiler: Other slips. (click to show/hide)

~~~

We're in MyLo. The options open to you are mislynch and no lynch. The only person you can push a mislynch on is me. Failing that, your NK after no lynch would have to be either of Scripten and UXLZ, since my death and townflip would confirm you as scum. Scripten is protectable, and UXLZ can provide both of our alignments with certainty. So the obvious choice for you is to kill UXLZ, and try to paint his death to convince Scripten that I'm the last scum. Unfortunately, everyone knows your plan, so it won't work anymore. I applaud your tenacity. +1 for effort, -100 for style.

~~~

My uncertainty is gone, now that Supercharazad has outed himself as scum. Here's my vote to shorten.
Yes, I am definitely still voting for Supercharazad, from my previous post.

...In case it wasn't clear,
Ol' Bertie says die, Supercharazad, you scum!
A creature of habit.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2015, 01:54:55 am »

Just in case I haven't done this yet, Supercharazad.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2015, 12:33:27 pm »

If I were scum, do you honestly think I'd be stupid enough to vote for the person who the doctor would be most likely to protect?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2015, 12:33:47 pm »

That is, of course, vote in the scumchat for the nightkill. Obviously.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2015, 01:29:06 pm »

If I were scum, do you honestly think I'd be stupid enough to vote for the person who the doctor would be most likely to protect?

WIFOM. This doesn't clear you, as it could apply to anyone who was scum. I mean, it is surprising that the cop wasn't killed since we all know it is UXLZ (And if he was scum, he'd know Supercharazad was the cop) but that doesn't really change anything.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13