Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 25535 times)

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
Re: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Day 2 - Hard Words and Sharp Swords
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2015, 05:11:52 pm »

I'm the doctor.

((have to go to class, I'll be back at 9 am GMT))
A creature of habit.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2015, 06:38:23 pm »

UXLZ:

I think towards the end of this we will have to do a role call... It may be our only hope in this sort of situation. We still have 2 power roles and a single regular townie. The power roles can't be contested (and if they are, it's a terrible idea for the mafia), the single regular townie will know who the scum are, and we'll have to hope that they're capable of opening our eyes. Also, a 2/3 chance is better than a 2/5 chance.
Regardless, I do think that a role call, at some point, is necessary.

Also, it isn't technically LyLo because the Doctor can still save someone.

Since we have an open setup, a mass-call isn't a bad idea, especially since the cop will have a result on someone, assuming they did not investigate Deus Asmoth. I would prefer that we do not treat today as anything but LyLo, though, because, as pointed out, the odds are against us at that point. However,

Something just makes me feel uneasy about Scripten. Not nearly enough to make me vote for him over DarkStar though.

Dani/Charazad. Lack of activity. It's kind of a normal scum thing, to stay out of the limelight and all, but I can't make myself vote for either of them over DarkStar.

So you find a gut feeling more indicative of scum than actual evidence with scum-sided intent? This worries me, especially given my read on your slot.

TheDarkStar:

I pointed out that he was voting for reasons that he was not detailing. If he had been scum, I probably would have gone after Scripten because of the way that he was not voting for him despite a long list of reasons.

Mod error. I was voting for hector13.

My play hasn't consisted of much so far - the game started near a weekend which caused me to post less. I've questioned UXLZ and Hector, but not really anyone else yet.

This is disappointing. We're in LyLo and the game ends tomorrow if we don't catch scum. Right now, the majority of your content in this game is speculation about the setup and debating the semantics of LyLo. I don't care much for that. I'm also rather bothered by your play due to the game this post is in. You're playing the same way as you were in that game in which you were scum.

You've done nothing but sheep me and throw some toothless gak at people. Oh, and setup/stats speculation, but that's just fluff.

Everyone who has not posted reads yet: Post them. Here's mine:

Dani: Null read mostly - Post more!

UXLZ: Town lean - Scumhunting and strategizing for the town, although I've had some doubts about him (especially an odd Day 1 post)

Supercharazard - Slight town lean - Not that active, but has done some scumhunting. Post more!

Scripten - Null read or slight scum lean - Puts effort but doesn't make strong cases. Also made the tiebreaker vote on hector. However, there is definitely some scumhunting going on.

This is pretty lackluster. You've referenced only a single actual event; the rest of your supporting cases are generic enough that you could reorder them onto other players and nobody would notice. So you have exactly two actual reads, and your scumread on me is... tenuous at best. You're saying that I don't make strong cases. Prove it.

You're skating by this game, TheDarkStar and you're going to have to do better than that.

UXLZ 2.0:

We'll wait for a few more people to input before actually starting the massclaim, but I'll just mention that my role is actually in one of my earlier posts. Unfortunately, it's totally useless information since I was the one who proposed the massclaim in the first place and could have easily used this to set the person who actually has that role up. (If I was scum, that is.) Basically, if one of the scum decides to claim my role it will be my word vs. theirs.

I'll go first.

I'm the vanilla townie. I will expect one scum to counterclaim me and one to counterclaim the doctor. It would make the most sense. However, I would discourage talking about this, lest we give the scum advice on what to do from here on out.

Reads List
~Most Town~
Dani - Town. His activity levels are low, but his reads do not look fabricated. He has not scumhunted much, but I see this coming more from a newbie perspective than a scum perspective. His voting activities are actually more likely to call attention to him than to make him skim under the radar and, especially given that he is a town PR.
UXLZ - More likely town. While I was suspicious of him before, with hector13 flipping town, I'm inclined to see UXLZ's interactions coming from a townie mindset. I may be wrong here, though.
Supercharazad - More likely scum. Lurking throughout the game, defensive, and very little actual scumhunting. Also drops a few mild scumtells during later D1, notably staying out of the way and egging on other arguments which were, apparently, town vs. town. He may also be newbie town, but I do not see townie earnestness in his posts.
TheDarkStar - Scum. I've detailed why above.
~Most Scum~

Scripten:

Why do you find Charazard (btw, Charazad or Charazard?) scummy? You detail your reads for everyone else, but then just note he's scummy and move on.

Other than plan for the town (which you note is towny in the case of UXLZ, a ridiculous double standard) and scumhunt (which you dismiss), yes, there hasn't been much else going on. That's because if you disregard all my posts, yes, you happen to have nothing left. Case in point:

You've done nothing but sheep me and throw some toothless gak at people. Oh, and setup/stats speculation, but that's just fluff.

You say this, and yet it makes UXLZ town when he does the exact same things. Why?

Why do you think UXLZ is town despite worries? Why do you find Dani so likely to be town when you have practically nothing to go off of? These facts indicate that you have insider information and don't need to read posts to know if people are town or not.

At this point, I think you're down to no reads that are based on anything or that aren't up to how you interpret different people making the same actions. Why am I not voting for you? Because I'm the doctor (and targeted UXLZ last night). I know for a fact that Dani is lying.

Dani: Who did you claim to target last night? Why?

Rolecop (charazard or UXLZ): Who did you pick, what was the result, and why did you pick them?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2015, 06:44:02 pm »

EBWOP for formatting:

Dani: Who do you claim to target last night? Why?

Rolecop (charazard or UXLZ): Who did you pick, what was the result, and why did you pick them?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2015, 07:23:42 pm »

Wow, that's some crazy misrep going on there.

Why do you find Charazard (btw, Charazad or Charazard?) scummy? You detail your reads for everyone else, but then just note he's scummy and move on.

Uhh... no, I don't? My read on Supercharazad has the most detail of all my reads, save for yours. Are you reading my posts?

Other than plan for the town (which you note is towny in the case of UXLZ, a ridiculous double standard) and scumhunt (which you dismiss), yes, there hasn't been much else going on. That's because if you disregard all my posts, yes, you happen to have nothing left.

I asked you to tell me what you have done all game. You came up with less than I did when I looked, so I was nothing if not charitable. So exactly what am I supposed to take from that?

What scumhunting have you done? Please provide examples.

You say this, and yet it makes UXLZ town when he does the exact same things. Why?

I'm not scumreading you for having fluff and emptiness in your posts. I'm scumreading you for having nothing but that. Big difference.

Why do you think UXLZ is town despite worries?

Process of elimination. One of {UXLZ, Supercharazad} is scum, and UXLZ seems more townie to me. That read may change, but it's anything but null.

Why do you find Dani so likely to be town when you have practically nothing to go off of? These facts indicate that you have insider information and don't need to read posts to know if people are town or not.

Then obviously you haven't been looking into the tone with which Dani is posting. Not that you would need to, since you're scum, but his posts read as an earnest newbie. His reads list comes from a townie mindset.

At this point, I think you're down to no reads that are based on anything or that aren't up to how you interpret different people making the same actions.

You know, just regurgitating what I use to build my case on you isn't going to help you when it's obvious that you aren't paying attention to my posts.

Why am I not voting for you? Because I'm the doctor (and targeted UXLZ last night). I know for a fact that Dani is lying.

I knew you wouldn't pick me, since town would have to decide between yourself and me instead of Dani and you, and you see Dani as being more likely as a mislynch. Congrats for passing scum 101.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2015, 11:00:04 pm »

Okay, my roleclaim: Cop. I don't have detail on anyone. Why? I was intending to investigate Hector, but everyone lynched him while I was away and since this is a Sprint game there was no night-phase for me to actually choose someone else instead.

Essentially what happened was this:

Me: Intend on investigating Hector, go to sleep.
Me: Wake up, Hector lynched, no investigation results.

Kinda got screwed a little by the game format. 
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2015, 11:06:50 pm »

Even more so screwed since no one seems to be counterclaiming Cop and a single read could be the difference between victory and defeat. (For instance, I'd know if either Scripten or DarkStar were what they say they are.)
The circle is complete.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2015, 11:07:01 pm »

Okay, my roleclaim: Cop. I don't have detail on anyone. Why? I was intending to investigate Hector, but everyone lynched him while I was away and since this is a Sprint game there was no night-phase for me to actually choose someone else instead.

Essentially what happened was this:

Me: Intend on investigating Hector, go to sleep.
Me: Wake up, Hector lynched, no investigation results.

Kinda got screwed a little by the game format.

This is believable and it makes absolutely no sense for scum to fake-claim this way.

UXLZ is town. Supercharazad is scum. Due to the way TheDarkStar defended him, TDS is further associated with his scumbuddy. We've solved the game.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2015, 11:09:10 pm »

From here on out, it makes the most sense to lynch Supercharazad, since UXLZ is now more confirmed as town than Dani is, despite my prior read on Dani.

Unvote TheDarkStar
Vote Supercharazad

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2015, 11:45:28 pm »

Okay, so the roleclaims are:

Cop: Myself (uncontested)
Doctor: TheDarkStar vs. Dani

I'd prefer to lynch DarkStar today, if we're believing that Dani is town. My death is certain tonight, (assuming we aren't all being deceived by Scripten and the game actually reaches the next night) since I'm the cop.

The circle is complete.

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2015, 07:58:01 am »

Last Night I targeted Scripten, because I town read both him and UXLZ yesterDay, but there was kind of a versus between them and I think if one died, the other would have been the target of a mislynch (maybe from hector13, who I thought was scum, attacking UXLZ again) the next Day. I didn't target UXLZ because I felt Scripten would have been able to defend himself better.
Deus was killed instead, which gave me no idea for a motive. Would this be a case of scum "removing information" from their NK, that I read about in another game?

TheDarkStar seems to have given up and is now townreading Scripten, since he believed the VT claim (by saying cop was either UXLZ/Charazad). It felt weird because he didn't mention townreading Scripten at all, and puts an FoS on him in the same post. Although it's possible that Charazad will claim VT. Or also that Scripten is on the scumteam, and he's planning to throw his buddy under the bus and win the game with his untarnished towncred. However, I don't think either of these is likely. Just my paranoia.

At UXLZ's surprisingly logically sound request (given what I believe to be true),
Vote TheDarkStar

Also, yeah, Town PRs don't get the information from the flip to help with their Night choice, and I'm assuming scum basically have Day-talk. Sprint seems kinda skewed.
A creature of habit.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2015, 08:12:30 am »

The biggest issue I can see is Scripten not coming online again before the end of the day... Should we go for an extension, Dani?
The circle is complete.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2015, 08:37:59 am »

I won't be able to get on until later in the day, so I am going to put in my vote for an extend.

I'll switch my vote to TheDarkStar before leaving for class to avoid a no-lynch which will lose the game for us, but I'd like to talk more before the end of the day.

Unvote Supercharazad
Vote TheDarkStar

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2015, 09:24:13 am »

An extend sounds like a good idea.

...Hey. UXLZ.
A creature of habit.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2015, 09:30:31 am »

Well, the extend's going to kick in at this point since we have the minimum votes. Now's just time to wait for Scripten to talk about whatever it was that they wanted to talk about.
The circle is complete.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2015, 01:40:30 pm »

Just as one of the thieves was about to be beheaded, there came a general clamour for more time to consider the matter... a stay of execution.

Vote Tally
Dani - [2] Supercharazad, TheDarkStar
UXLZ
Supercharazad
Scripten
TheDarkStar - [3] UXLZ, Dani, Scripten

Day has been extended to Wednesday 14, 6pm GMT.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13