Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's worse, being attacked by ants, or death hugs?

BOTH
- 4 (57.1%)
ANTS
- 1 (14.3%)
DEATH HUG
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: HOME BOUND: [PROLOGUE] 6/6 Player RTD Adventure  (Read 4427 times)

S.L.A.M.

• Bay Watcher
  • SUPER LEVEL ATOMIC MACHINE
    • View Profile
Re: HOME BOUND: [PROLOGUE] 6/6 Player RTD Adventure
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2015, 08:28:23 pm »

OOC: Bored and trying to procrastinate. Last update, I swear, and then I'll wait for everyone to get a post in. Sorry for my impatience.  :P

[MALIA]

You climb up into the vent with the help of Brim [5] [1]. Though the light is blinding and McKinsey is also on the table, Brim lifts you up with ease and you slip into the vent. The light is just too much to bare, and combined with the fierce wind, you're not sure what to do! Using your hands you try to block out the bright light before it burns your retinas...

The light begins to dim. You open your eyes and through your fingers you see light shining through, but you also see blue and white. When you lower your hands you see luscious color in the sky... but more importantly you see the sky! You can feel yourself laying on grass. Could it be?

[Nunzillor]

With Malia in the vent, you gladly start to climb up with the help of Brim [6] [5]. Like Malia before you, you practically fly up into the vent. The light that was pouring from the vent was now blasting your face at an unfathomably high frequency. However, you can't see Malia. Nor can you feel her anywhere around you.

The light begins to dim. You're greeted by the sweet smell of flowers and a warm wind. Somehow you ended up on your back facing the sky, and you could sense Malia nearby, but that didn't matter; you were free!

[BRIM]

As you push people up into the vent you notice the light is briefly blocked, but then light returns to full power. As if the people you just pushed up there were no longer blocking the light. Very strange.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:51:36 pm by S.L.A.M. »
it's a beautiful day

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2015, 08:45:53 pm »

"Where did that vent freaking lead to?!" Where am I!"
Try to find my way around, and try to see if anyone else is here.

Name: Malia(f)
Profession: Barista
Skills: Patience, Sandwich Making, Calligraphy
Items:
Wounds:
Modifiers:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:33:21 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Nunzillor

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2015, 09:29:38 pm »

Nunzillor was overcome with awe.  Grass!  Sunlight!  He had forgotten what it felt like.  Could he truly be home?  He would have to catch up on the competitive yo-yo scene!

"Who cares?  It beats the hell out of that awful room!"

Lay down in the grass and relax.  Look at the sky.  Any clouds?
Name: Nunzillor (m)
Profession: Janitor
Skills: Mop-fu (mop martial arts), competitive eating, mad yo-yo skillz
Items:
Wounds:
Modifiers:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:24:03 am by Nunzillor »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: HOME BOUND: 6 Player RTD Adventure
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 12:03:04 am »

grabs whats left of the cards, and carefully climbs up the vent, with the aid of Brim
Name: Zomara (m)
Profession: Busboy
Skills: Reaction time, over exertion, catnapping
Items: (Update this with things you find.)
Wounds: (Any injuries you obtain in battle.)
Modifiers: (Issues inflicting your character with a minus or penalty.)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 10:15:31 am »

Help Zomara first then climb up the vent myself.

Name: Brim (m)
Profession: Coast Guard
Skills: Swimming, hand-to-hand combat, small arms shooting
Items: None
Wounds: None
Modifiers: None

S.L.A.M.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 07:26:04 pm »

OOC: Gave it basically a day. If you didn't post by now, not sure what to tell you! As of right now on the poll it's looking like I'm going to update when I have posts to update. Hopefully that doesn't leave anyone too lost or out of the game. I'll pick a choose carefully.

[BRIM & ZOMARA]

Brim, you help Zomara up into the vent [5] [6], and you execute it with ease. Everyone so far has been pretty light.

[ZOMARA]

After being pushed up into the vent, it was impossible, but it was almost like you teleported without even noticing. You're suddenly in a grassy plain. You see a few other people around you, the people you were trapped with inside the vent. The exposure to the elements once again after all this time is wonderful. The wind feels crisp, the colors look clean, and you couldn't feel happier. The cards you grabbed are still with you.

Add to Inventory: Deck of Cards

[BRIM]

You grab at the rims of the vent and against the wind pull yourself up... [1]. Your fingers slip somehow and you fall down onto the far right side of the table on the right side of the table to tip it over. McKinsey, on the left side of the table, flies over you as the right side of the table flips over. You land on the ground with a hard thumb and feel WINDED.

Add to Modifiers: Winded -1 to checks next action. (Remove after that next action.)

[MCKINSEY]

As you doze off into space thinking about whatever the strongest men in the world think about, probably becoming stronger, the table pushes up against you and you somehow go flying and... [4]. You manage to adjust mid air and roll across the ground without suffering any injury.

[NUNZILLOR]

You turn to the sky. You see a lot of clouds slowly drifting across your vision. Their forms morphing and changing constantly. You think you see some animals, specifically a horse and a hare. Then, they change into what looks like bird, but you're not sure if everyone would agree with you. What fun!

[MALIA]

You move around feeling slightly disoriented. You see Nunzillor staring up at the sky, laughing, pointing, and having a merry time. Behind you, you notice Zomara who looks as confused as ever. You're not sure how long he's been here.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 07:33:35 pm by S.L.A.M. »
it's a beautiful day

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2015, 08:34:03 pm »

The sky was a rare sight, for Zomara. . . . He couldn't even remember if he saw it much, before he was traped in that room for so long. One thing he knew, though. . . It was really bright. . . .  Very bright. And . . . . . The moon was far to big. . . .
look in the sky for the smaller, not as bright, moon.

[/quote]
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Nunzillor

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2015, 09:15:37 pm »

Hah a bird.  And that one!  A monkey.  Haha, monkey.  "Hahaha... HAHAHA... excuse me." 

Nunzillor was beginning to feel a little giddy.  That was probably why he started rolling around in the grass.

Start rolling around in that beautiful, wonderful grass!  Keep rolling around until I hit something or fall off of something.

Items:
Wounds:
Modifiers:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:20:32 pm by Nunzillor »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 10:06:54 pm »

I am free.

Round up everybody and give them all a great, big, bear hug. WE'RE FREE!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2015, 10:32:55 pm »

Ah sorry. Snap out of my stupor and climb the vent.

Name: NAV
Profession: Waste management
Skills: Improvised drumming, cosplay, stunt driving
Items:
Wounds:
Modifiers:
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

S.L.A.M.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2015, 12:08:37 am »

OOC: Hey Nav! Glad to see you're alive. You didn't miss too much, just a lot of vent climbing and pointless descriptions.

[REUNITED]

[NAV]

Nav, you flip the table back up and use it to get closer to the ladder and try to climb up [5]. As a stunt driver, you decide to get wild and throw Brim up there with you! You pull him off the ground and toss him and you follow suit.

You're briefly blinded by the bright light, but you awake and find yourself in a tight bear hug. McKinsey feels like he's crushing you against the rest of the group.

[ZOMARA]

Zomara, you search for the not-moon moon. Behind some trees on the edge of the grassy field you find something in the sky that looks about as big as a thumbnail. You're not quite sure if it's the moon, but it might be the moon. If it is the moon, you're not sure where the rest of it went! Before you can give it another thought, you're caught in the classic McKinsey death hug!

[NUNZILLOR]

Nunzillor, you roll around the grass and down the side of the hill. It is pure ecstasy. As you roll through bundles of flowers and topple over some... [2] ant hills, you live in the moment feeling free and alive again!

In the middle of your rolling frolic and joy, you somehow find yourself being hugged by McKinsey trapped around the whole group. The ants on your body begin spreading around!

Add Modifier: Ants. Tons of ants. Penalty dice to any action until removed.

[EVERYONE (Besides McKinsey)]

NAV - Resist being crushed... [3] You're having a hard time breathing, but you'll be okay once you're out...
         Resist ants... [4] The ants fortunately spare you their painful bites.

NUNZILLOR - Resist being crushed... [5] You can't be crushed, you're full of life! And ants!

ZOMARA - Resist being crushed... [6] You're in a comfy spot and you sigh with relief, however, the attacking ants are going straight for you! Penalty dice to resist ants.
               Resist ants... [6][4] The ants... lose interest all of the sudden.
OOC: It would seem penalty dices can help you sometimes! Congrats, Zomara!

BRIM - Resist being crushed... [1] OH GOD WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!? You immediately lose air and you feel Winded, but since you're already Winded, you're Winded is upgraded!
          Add Modifier: Winded (2). Winded| is now a - 3 to any action for the next turn.
          Resist ants... [5] The ants just feel bad for you. You look pretty rugged, so they ignore you.

MALIA - Resist being crushed... [1] WHY, OH GOD, IS THIS HAPPENING?! Air escapes you and you feel Winded!
           Add Modifier: Winded| is a - 1 to your next action.
           Resist ants... [1] The ants are DONE with not attacking anyone. They went easy on four of you, but they're out to seek vengeance. They're now all over you!
           Add Modifier: Ants| is a penalty dice to any action until removed.

OOC: Best update. The Winded modifier can be removed after your next post. Ants, however, will only be removed once you remove them as an action.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:17:29 am by S.L.A.M. »
it's a beautiful day

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2015, 01:22:10 am »

"Not good..."

Not the best way to start out a new adventure.

Doing anything would be bad so try and rest for now and hope that someone help deal with the pesky ants.

Name: Brim (m)
Profession: Coast Guard
Skills: Swimming, hand-to-hand combat, small arms shooting
Items: None
Wounds: None
Modifiers: Winded (2) -3 to any action for the next turn

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2015, 02:35:30 am »

"Why ants, Why!!!!"
Get the ants off meeeee!
Name: Malia(f)
Profession: Barista
Skills: Patience, Sandwich Making, Calligraphy
Items:
Wounds:
Modifiers: Ants- Penalty dice until removed. Winded- -1 to next action.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:38:40 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2015, 09:14:51 am »

The strange tack like thing in the sky could wait. In the mean time, he needed to get out of this hug. . . . Last time he nearly lost a rib.
squirm my way out of the hug
If Zomara is successful, the next thing he would think about is the fact that everyone seems to be afraid of these harmless ants. I mean, just give them a treat, and you can tame them. . . Right? At his job, people came by all the time wit ants in their car. Heck, his boss and co-workers thought they were cute, and would give them treats of . . . .  Green and brown and light red stuff. . . . Maybe it was the grass thats on the big tall brown cars.
looks for a leaf and try to tame the ants on him, by offering them it as a treat.

Nunzillor

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2015, 10:15:11 am »

"Ack, ants!  I wonder... we've never had the chance to eat different foods after all..."

Eat the ants off!  Competitively!

Items:
Wounds:
Modifiers:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:16:45 am by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4