Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 87

Author Topic: No Man's Sky - 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets to explore  (Read 146166 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky - 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets to explore
« Reply #945 on: August 15, 2016, 02:14:36 pm »

I'd just like to give a sort of obvious-but-not-really heads up to anyone chasing distress signals. The crashed ship's sizes are based off your own ship. So you can find 2 slots smaller to 2 slots bigger (rare).
So there's the grind: big ships. If you don't mind that, though, I don't think other stuff feels like grinding.
I've also been looking for bigger multi-tools only to realize I've reached the max 24 slots a long time ago.  ::) Kinda wish it was bigger so I could have my ultimate laser AND even more amazing grenades.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 15, 2016, 03:54:56 pm »

I got to a trade station because I wanted some rare components and elements, so I figured I would buy them to guys who would stop and go.
And I saw how bad the RNG in this game is :
In less than 20 ships, I saw, three time in a row and landing in less than 10 seconds, the same Ship (with the same captain. It was the same NPC whose ship I bought earlier in a station. and he had, the three times, the same inventory.
Then 2 minutes after this one, 3 times in a row another ship, also the same the three times.

@ Gabeux : You don't need the "attack" modules, though. I have the mining modules with a 4* attack boost and the grenade module, so I can get more upgrades for both. With a good attack boost on the mining module, you get some nice damage, and it can have a nice range too ;)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 15, 2016, 04:45:08 pm »

Yeah, they kinda skimped on the ship generation. There appear to only be about as many ship types per system as there are animals on a heavy-fauna world (say, 8-12ish), and they apparently decided that they didn't need to generate pilots separately. I honestly don't get why it isn't just a galactic pool of ships, apart from the frustration of finding a ship you really want but can't quite afford which you'll likely never see again.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

frightlever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 16, 2016, 04:17:00 am »

Um. The ships are all the same aren't they apart from the cosmetic look and the number of "slots"? Do different looking ships have different speeds or anything?

The one I'm currently in must be a bit too tall because every time I get out or land I have to remember to hit the jet pack or I'll take damage from the fall.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 16, 2016, 06:11:40 am »

Yeah all ships seem to have the same stats, the upgrades are what does it.
Ive got this little yellow goldfinch looking ship with 48 slots,
Sitting next to a massive box with the same max slots.
Im finding it hard not to enjoy this game, but i feel its lacking in quality content and testing.
The controls are smooth enough to pull off some amazing jet pack combat... yet no enemies worthy of it.
All variations of the sentinels are weak and get boring after youv wiped the floor with hundreds of them.
Add crouching and alien foot combat, ambushes, text encounters and the ability to kill npcs and it would feel fleshed out.
Space combat needs a shield middle man, like a generator that you load resources in and when shields drop you press a button and it uses the resource.
More creature variation but rare. As of now there are blob creatures on a moon near you!
Being able to break down my exosuit for a full reasembly would be nice (im a jetpacker and im bugged how I cant optimise my suit around that)
space walking! Better asteroid deformation.
Just blast us with rads when we do space walk.
Correct planet orbits. Sure its done the way it is to make travel faster but Id prefer the sun to actually exsist.
To keep the asthetic of planets in the sky, boost the moon numbers.
Less resource pillars, more underground!
More elements in general.
After you leave the first galaxy and every time after the seed should get so distorted that it feels like your in a new world.
All upgrades should be procedural, like a gun in borderlands.
WAY POINTS WTF WERE ARE MY WAYPOINTS!!!!1!1!1 like I said before, no playtesting was done.

Animals are boring to fight, i feel ignoble blasting/mining their faces so i melee all attackers, yet to die on a planet (got close once)
Ive only died once to pirates after i bought my first ship, had no upgrades, twas a space bus and i had no oxides.
Pissed me off not realising that you actually keep your ship when you die (yet another lie)

I can see this game for what it is. A plain cake with no icing or fruit.
It needs updates with content all day long or its not worth bate.
I would happily delete my data for a new version if need be.

P.S why cant I sell my ship?
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 16, 2016, 07:00:39 am »

nerf now being spot on http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1879

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 16, 2016, 07:08:58 am »

Why cant I sell my ship?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 16, 2016, 08:34:19 am »

Um. The ships are all the same aren't they apart from the cosmetic look and the number of "slots"? Do different looking ships have different speeds or anything?

The one I'm currently in must be a bit too tall because every time I get out or land I have to remember to hit the jet pack or I'll take damage from the fall.
I'm talking about appearance (and internal layout to a lesser degree). Big difference between a fighter and a pastel-pink/yellow space truck.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 16, 2016, 08:37:18 am »

I just learnt the ship landing gear blueprint... an item all ships have as standard. An item that cannot be dismantled.. so I basicly got a cake recipe in a flourless universe.
Holy fuck this is some untested shit.
Its like they cut features for simplicity.
Fuck Im enjoying it though.
Like sex with a loser

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 16, 2016, 09:27:14 am »

Then i just learnt the exosuits hazard protection. Wow good thing I found it now! My shields constantly draining was getting annoying /s

Even after obtaining a blueprint one cant dismantle an upgrade..
I feel like im a playtester, if I was a playtester for this game, the launch would have had very little bugs, only then people wouldnt complain so much about the bugs and UI issues and complain about its lack of content. Sure its going to be updated with stuff.
I always thought this game would be fine as a SP, after playing this game I think PVP would actually make 70% of the exosuit upgrades worth the time.
Im on shield Sigma, 18 slot multi with railgun mode + coolin, mining, damage and scan tech, and I can tear down the bipedal sentinel in very little time, then after its destroyed, my "wanted" status stays but I dont get anymore trouble.
Then I go to space only for them to send sentinel starship drones after me.
I want more rpg elements.

Everything procedural... sure sure, thats why I walk past the same drop pod, zinc/platinum/thamium9 plant every fucking planet.
Whats so hard about making certain plants have zinc etc in them? Not at all, its worse to see that only a few flowers get the elements.
The rocks are treated the same as plant life.
The abundant procedural ones are iron while the replicated crystal and nodes are for the rarer elements.
So that removes alot more variation. No iridum rocks? No silicate rocks?
How hard is it to put in all known elements?
Even if the majority are just for selling.

I cant see what they have been doing for that long to make something so procedurally shallow.
I would have been disapointed releasing this fun game

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 16, 2016, 09:44:27 am »

I pre-ordered this game but still haven't had time to play it! Argh.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 16, 2016, 10:28:59 am »

I will now talk about No Man's Sky hype for about 40 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCG9YLeIB98

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #957 on: August 16, 2016, 01:32:56 pm »

(removed a post)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 16, 2016, 01:48:54 pm »

The empty post? ???
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #959 on: August 16, 2016, 02:17:30 pm »

The empty post? ???
It wasn't empty prior to removal.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 87