Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: The Fortress of Shadowgraves (Succession Game)-Taking Applicants Now!  (Read 52909 times)

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Shadowgraves (Succession Game)-Taking Applicants Now!
« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2015, 06:10:21 pm »

Diary of a Mad Minion
A miracle has occurred: I am the overseer again. I never thought the fort would ever be desperate enough allow the 2nd most experienced dwarf to rule again. This place sure has changed since 2nd year. Zombies, Necromancers, and Goblins have all tried to destroy this fort: but we persevered. My Beard sense is tingling: the stockpiles are more than enough for a fort of this size.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now let's see what happened to my constructions: My loghouse has no logs, but has a dozen wood furnaces and forges. The bedrooms have been expanded, and there is a new dining room, along with rooms for the nobles. There is an absolutely humongous statue garden. All the nobles have rooms, but the Queen isn't happy yet. The most obvious change is the entrance. Someone decided that we needed a giant above ground fortress to defend the mountainhome below. I am impressed.

I do have 1 question for the previous overseer: What was this room intended for?

As I was adding another section to the Fortress above, I noticed some odd looking soap. After asking around, I found out what it was made of:
Sometimes I wonder what the soapmakers were thinking. Doesn't soap need fat?

First things first: the queen needs some pewter doors, and the Magma Smelters need some work done on them They are too far away, and have no conveniences for the smiths.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:03:46 pm by maxcat61 »
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 12, 2015, 07:45:49 pm »

11th Granite
The elves have arrived.

18th Granite
The elves were confused for Laguir men by the Militia, and were summery killed.

12th Slate
A leatherworker finished building an artifact Sperm Whale Leather vest. It had a picture of my Shield. Isn't that nice?

I am changing the barrics on the 3rd level of the Fortress: The captain of the guard, while training, rammed a mace-dwarf through a fortification, and proceeded to fall 4 floors into the moat. The case of the mysteriously Mangled recruits has been solved.

20th Slate
Migrants have arrived.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:29:49 pm by maxcat61 »
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2015, 07:52:24 pm »

I do have 1 question for the previous overseer: What was this room intended for?

I think I was just carving out rooms for the queen without thinking what I would put in them. I'm sure you'll find a use for it. :)

I don't think it's necessary to set up the magma forges, since we have a boatload of charcoal. It would still be a good project though. Magma is way dwarfier.

Edit: Dead elves? HOORAY!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 12, 2015, 07:59:03 pm »

I don't think it's necessary to set up the magma forges, since we have a boatload of charcoal. It would still be a good project though. Magma is way dwarfier.
So is burning trees tho...

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2015, 08:08:06 pm »

So is burning trees tho...
I like using magma forges because, in case of !!fun!!, the wood supply can be cut off, but magma remains. Also, magma is cooler.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2015, 03:59:01 pm »

The migrants:
2 Traders
2 Doctors
3 blacksmiths
A jeweler that was imminently recruited into squad
some peons.

I set up a squad for axedwarf, because most of the militia is based on crushing (hammers, maces, flails), and specialization is usually bad.

Felsite 1st
Mining Accident. 3 dwarf dead, 1 wounded. No named deaths.

Felsite 28th
Were beasts just keep following me.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 04:32:53 pm by maxcat61 »

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 13, 2015, 04:50:34 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Results: 3 dead, werebeast dead, large chance of infection of 5 dwarves, including an axedwarf.

The dwarves spend the month confined in the hospital, surrounded my the militia. None of them turn.

The humans merchants arrive. I take their stuff, and sell some crafts.

Another mining accident. Almost all the miners are dead, including the cloaked one.

Right now, I am training, making the Queen's rooms better, and am looking for metals.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:55:29 pm by maxcat61 »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 13, 2015, 07:06:54 pm »

What the balls are you mining to kill so many dwarves, accidentium?

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 13, 2015, 07:12:49 pm »

I bet it's magma, that usually ends up getting most of my miners in the end.

Thank goodness nobody got werecursed, That could have been Fun.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 13, 2015, 11:28:17 pm »

What the balls are you mining to kill so many dwarves, accidentium?
I like to view it as "Skiping Rocks on Falling Dwarves", or "Goblanite Farm Testing". FYI, the farm does work. All that is left is for some overseer to start putting menacing spikes on the floor. For decorative purposes, of course. I will post images tomorrow.

darokindefender

• Bay Watcher
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2015, 09:53:08 am »

Glad something was worked out.  Everything seems to be back to "normal" here at Shadowgraves.
Wait how did that even happen?

Oh ... nevermind. Apparently the one year old Kivish Ilidcatten is strong enough to take on a GCS. I don't even...

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 15, 2015, 08:22:34 pm »

Autumn has arrived.
In the time between my last entry and now, I have finished the Queen's rooms to her royal standards, finished the spinning pit of doom, and am in the process of fully armoring all the military. There are excess coffins, and the bedrooms are starting to be smoothed out. Right now, the fort is stagnate do to massive amounts of hauling. What is being hauled, I don't know.

Limestone 27th
The hauling fad seams have to gone away. The dwarven merchants came, and I took every steel weapon, bar, and armor from them, along with enough fine pewter to make 1 door for the queen. I got a ton of booze, but had to sell some masterwork meals to get everything, along with every craft and gem that wasn't forbidden my mandates. Also, a child is working in a craftshop due to a mood. Lets see what he makes.

edit: He made a horse bone door. It has a picture of the queen ascending to the throne. Suckup. In case anyone wanted to know, artifact bone stuff burns forever without disintegrating. Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:37:53 pm by maxcat61 »

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 15, 2015, 10:10:04 pm »

I think something down in the Dwarven Kingdom: I have no less then 6 Traders, and 4 Doctors that have moved to the fort during my turn. On the plus side, it had been a very quiet year, excluding the were beast attack that killed 2 and wounded 5. I have started a 2ndary lever room by the lower dinning room. Read the notes there, You might find them amusing (you* means the next overseer, whoever that unlucky person is).

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 16, 2015, 10:08:57 am »

Hey, you know that gigantic multi-Z hall I made, just next to the statue gardens and the Queen's Suite?

If you have spare engravers, finishing smoothing it would be neat. It was a throne room for the royalty, but it was barely dug when Dumat declared herself queen.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2015, 06:15:18 pm »

Hey, you know that gigantic multi-Z hall I made, just next to the statue gardens and the Queen's Suite?

If you have spare engravers, finishing smoothing it would be neat. It was a throne room for the royalty, but it was barely dug when Dumat declared herself queen.
Ahhh, I use that place for stone storage :). I guess that explains what it was made for. All of the ruling nobles are happy, except for the queen (she still wants her Fine Pewter Door). I asked the merchants to bring more fine pewter bars next season, just in case the queen wants more.

Timber 8th
All of the roads in the fortress have been completed. I have also set up a swordwarf squad, bringing up the militia to 25 dwarves. They are almost fully clad in metal armor. We will be prepared for any goblin attack, or sudden resurrection of our corpses. I wish more interesting things would happen, but all I am doing is housekeeping: adding doors, cabinets, chests, an effective militia, and MOAR LEVERS!!!
I have also set up a group of 3 Balistia. They have a nice line of sight down the lane. Hopefully they will have some use.

Moonstone 7th
I have finished building tombs for all the dwarfed members of the population. The militia is fully equipped. I am recalling all civilians in preparation for the Siege/Raid. It's too bad I cannot make weapons or armor out of Zinc: We have a ridiculous amount of it.

Wait a second: We have zinc, we have copper, and we have acid (also known as Dwarven Booze).
Maxcat61 cancels Write: Fantasizing about Battery Powered Dwarven Armor.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:06:17 pm by maxcat61 »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26