Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: The Fortress of Shadowgraves (Succession Game)-Taking Applicants Now!  (Read 52859 times)

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Shadowgraves (Succession Game)-Taking Applicants Now!
« Reply #225 on: February 16, 2015, 11:03:03 pm »

I have good news, and bad news.

Good news: There have been no goblin attacks yet.
Bad news: The Queen is Dead. Long live the King.

Turns out that when the Queen was tantruming again (Because she was missing her Fine Pewter Door), she picked a fight with a legendary Macedwarf. It went as expected. A janitor is en route.

A new mayor was elected. The broker was the most popular. I quickly fashioned out an office and dinning room for him.
Good news about the militia: Every one of them is welding a Steel weapon. Isn't that nice?

Obsidian 10th.
Still no sign of the greenskins. I am suspicious.

Obsidian 22th
The High Master Gelder has just entered a fey mood. I fear for my fellow dwarves, and can only wonder at what materials he is going to use in his masterpiece.

Spring has arrived.
I'm getting outta  here before that Gelder decides he needs... Unusual materials to finish his creation.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:35:12 pm by maxcat61 »
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2015, 11:45:11 pm »

Here is the save:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10597
Can you put me down for another year?

If my track record remains the same, the next overseer is going to plunge this fort into death and/or chaos.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 12:14:15 am by maxcat61 »
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 18, 2015, 08:25:44 pm »

It's been 2 days. I am sending a pm to the next person.

darokindefender

• Bay Watcher
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2015, 09:41:21 am »

We commend you maxcat.  For not screwing the next player over not once, but twice.  It may be a record.  :P

Yes, I am wondering when perigrin went.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:46:29 am by darokindefender »
Wait how did that even happen?

Oh ... nevermind. Apparently the one year old Kivish Ilidcatten is strong enough to take on a GCS. I don't even...

SkaiaMechanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 19, 2015, 03:37:57 pm »

No, my wife! Well, my son is King, at least.

Finishing up Doomforests still, if the next person wants a turn before I'm done, do it.

EDIT: I just finished Doomforests, so I could start in the next couple of days.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:57:59 pm by SkaiaMechanic »
I'm running out of dogs. I'm running out of bolts.
I'm running out of dwarves.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2015, 05:48:14 am »

It's been another couple days guys. :(

Terabalt's profile shows him last active on the 17th, so close. Is it Iamblichos's turn or Skaia's turn next?

Terrabalt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2015, 09:35:07 am »

Terabalt's profile shows him last active on the 17th, so close. Is it Iamblichos's turn or Skaia's turn next?
Wait, i thought it was perigrin's turn?

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2015, 09:40:30 am »

I pm'd him 4 days ago, and he never responded. It's your turn then. Enjoy

Terrabalt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2015, 09:53:57 am »

Oh, okay then. i'm gonna start tomorrow.
And by tomorrow i mean around half a day; it's about 10 PM here.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2015, 12:06:42 pm »

Austiralia/Asia?

Terrabalt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2015, 05:30:59 am »

Austiralia/Asia?
yep.
Anyway, lemme get started!

Overseer Log, 17 Granite 105
I hate my luck, or the lack of it.
Today is the new year, and that means another "Replace the missing/escaped/dead overseer with random inexperienced dwarf" event. they got me this time. You all know how stressful it is, juggling between assigning and cancelling jobs, giving instructions to the letter, and defending the others from dying because there's not enough support.

At least i doesn't have to worry about Food, at least for the time being. One quick look at our food stockpile and i know we have more than enough for this.

The king's tomb has been polished and engraved, and he still ask for more? really? for something that you won't even see when you use it?
Ah well. a few statues gonna do the trick... won't it?

The posessed High Master Gelder has finally found what he wants, and start working on something called "Aranudesh". whatever it is.
It took him around 3 day to finally finish "Aranudesh"; a gabbro earing. History repeats again.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2015, 06:29:15 am »

What a letdown. I was hoping for a Cat Leather Thong or something hilarious.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 22, 2015, 07:53:54 am »

This is hysterical.  Despite my best calculations, it seems that I will get my turn at this AND Doomforests at about the same time.  Damn you, Toady.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2015, 08:36:36 pm »

Overseer Log, 17 Granite 105

The king's tomb has been polished and engraved, and he still ask for more? really? for something that you won't even see when you use it?
Ah well. a few statues gonna do the trick... won't it?

Just make a hole in one of the engraved walls, dig another chamber, smooth and engrave it, and add it to the tomb. I must have placed about 15 zinc statues, and more rock statues in the queen's tomb, to no effect.

I do have a suggestion/request about the mining in the fort: If you could start mining that glorious blue stuff, it would be awesome. Here is a rough idea on how to mine it safelly:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Terrabalt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2015, 09:50:11 am »

Overseer Log, 13 Felsite 105

I added some Statues to the king's tomb, plus two Weapon racks and pillars. the king seems pleased by it.

A bunch of Gray Langurs tried to raid the Military. it didn't go well for them. unfortunately i can't get there fast enough to see the spectacle.

A jabber attacked one of our Trader, who somehow got into the caves. The trader now is safe in his coffin.

Some Migrants have arrived: An Animal Dissector, Fish Dissector (Since apparently they both are different things), A Herbalist, A Carpenter, 4 frickin Traders (This is just too many), A Siege Operator, A Glassmaker, A Wood burner, An Engraver (Since we need more of those), A Blacksmith, A Peasant, and Two Soap Makers. that's a hella lot of migrants for a place that is dangerous.

Project Sigma has begun; As per previous overseer asked, i began trying to mine the sweet adamantium again.

The duchy "mandates" that we make 3 bucklers.

The king has mandated that we make 3 Battle axes and no battle axes can be exported. geez, he likes Battle axes, does he?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26