Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: General Dating Advice Thread  (Read 16377 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: General Dating Advice Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2015, 10:35:42 pm »

I just wanted to say that my girlfriend and I are dating because she said she'd never been in a relationship before, and I asked "Can I be your first? :D"
It's either creepy or cute depending on how you look at it. But still, don't discount the power of forwardness!
Cute. Definitely cute. Anyone thinking this was creepy should go see a psychiatrist.
I'm honestly just really worried that a lot of things I say will come off as creepy when it comes to asking people out or even talking to my current SO. It's hard to gauge without asking.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2015, 02:48:24 pm »

I am fairly certain that many of the things I say are intentionally odd or creepy just to keep my close friends on their toes. If anything, that line was perhaps a bit cheesy. But a good kind of cheese. Like cheddar
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Jo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2015, 07:56:39 pm »

Hey there AlleeCat I didn't quite get through this entire thread, but I'd like to address your original question a bit.

It's tough when you are gay, you can't really know if someone else is gay. Hell, sometimes when you are young people don't even know if they are gay yet. It can take time.

So us old people are at an advantage. I can spot a straight dude in the dark, in the fog, across the street. Still, now at 36, it can be difficult to spot a gay man. Luckily gay dudes sorta advertise a bit, but not all, some are scared. It's a tough thing.

With girls it's even more rough, especially while young. Straight girls will occasionally, while young, have sex with other girls. This happened in college all the time. Every other girl was 'bi' or whatever. It has to be horrific for a lesbian. It's just so hard to know who is who and what is what. Up is down, right is left, do I take the blue pill or the red pill gggaaaaahhhH!!!!!!!

You do have a huge advantage though. You can straight ask this girl, "Do you date girls or boys?" You can do that and not risk much blow back. Oh sure, if you get all creepy and nervous about it then you might have some blow back. But seriously, if you went to lunch and you asked her if she is dating anyone, and she gives an answer, then you'll know, but if she says she's not you can ask, "Well, do you date girls or boys?"

Easy.

As a man if you fuck that conversation up things can get pretty bad. Men are subject to assault and even murder. For guys I advise they don't ask anyone they aren't sure about. Stick to gay bars and interweb dating boys, much safer.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 07:58:27 pm by Jo »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2015, 04:09:47 pm »

I successfully asked her out again. Whooo!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2015, 08:34:40 pm »

*High fives!*
Conglaturation!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2015, 10:26:10 pm »

Danke! *returns High Five!*