Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Era of Diesel - OOC Thread - Shadow of the Khans [8/8]  (Read 14212 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Era of Diesel - OOC Thread - Shadow of the Khans [8/8]
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2015, 06:00:48 pm »

Question: can you build both a fleet and a provincial improvement in the same province on a turn?

Yeah. I guess I forgot to address that.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Jarno21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2015, 06:39:50 pm »

Another question: how do occupied territories, and their academies, count for the purpose of treaties?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2015, 06:41:12 pm »

Another question: how do occupied territories, and their academies, count for the purpose of treaties?
I think you may be missing that occupied territories = neutral ground unless either annexed or reclaimed by their original provincial owner :3 As said in the OP.
So in regards to treaties, it means that its always a decrement in a trade treaty to the province holder, and only a decrement in a research treaty if the lab is occupied, too. To the attacker, nothing is gained.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2015, 06:41:44 pm »

When a territory is occupied it and all its buildings (such as academies) effectively belong to nobody, and thus do not count towards Research Pacts, though the occupying Army does gain any Fort bonus.

EDIT: Ninja'd :I

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2015, 07:30:42 pm »

After laughing I was able to update. Did not expect that... nor the results. Nope.

<Xanmy> Tiruin is the Ghandi of EoD

Jarno21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2015, 07:41:00 pm »

I think you may be missing that occupied territories = neutral ground unless either annexed or reclaimed by their original provincial owner :3 As said in the OP.
Ok, thanks, I apparently missed that part.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2015, 03:04:11 pm »

@a1s I'm about to post the next turn, so if you want to accept Jarno's offer you should do it in the next few minutes.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2015, 03:09:53 pm »

a1s, what the heck does IC stand for?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2015, 03:29:04 pm »

It means he forgot he wasn't playing Axis and Allies for a minute.  (I assume it's supposed to be PI)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2015, 07:00:22 pm »

@a1s I'm about to post the next turn, so if you want to accept Jarno's offer you should do it in the next few minutes.
I what? Darn. Can I just state for a standing order that I accept all resource transfers where I don't have to contribute anything?

a1s, what the heck does IC stand for?
Improvement Construction. PIPT just sounds silly.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2015, 07:08:41 pm »

I what? Darn. Can I just state for a standing order that I accept all resource transfers where I don't have to contribute anything?

I'll think it over. I don't want to make Resource Exchange too easy to game for turn-by-turn min-maxing purposes afterall.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2015, 03:49:47 am »

Do you have to accept during your turn? Because that's a problem if you want to offer a deal to someone that plays before you.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2015, 04:40:08 am »

Do you have to accept during your turn? Because that's a problem if you want to offer a deal to someone that plays before you.
You can offer and accept at any time during the turn [month]. It's only a problem if your offer is affected by turn [one player's turn, we need different words for that]  resolution (which it might well be.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2015, 10:01:14 am »

In that note, I edited my turn.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2015, 10:02:59 am »

Alright. Just need 10ebbor10 to post and I can take care of three actions at once.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15