Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The dark union(game thread)  (Read 6703 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: The dark union(game thread)
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 04:54:18 pm »

((Farmland. Likely few people. Lots of food.

((Built up village. Likely lots of people and random nicknacks.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 04:54:41 pm »

((Also are we reatricted to one mission only? Or can we split up into two groups?))
((Yes to the first, but you will be able to upgrade the main portal to two parties of three.))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 06:45:27 pm »

((Also question: Why are we just attacking through the portal? Why not build up in the world of the Light?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 07:00:52 pm »

((Also question: Why are we just attacking through the portal? Why not build up in the world of the Light?
((Two reason. If you have bases in the world of light, warriors of light can attack you easily so leave that stuff for the more expendable troops that you don't have right now.

Plus maintaining a wrong existent is hard on the portal. One maybe possible for an extended month, but eventually the portal shall be overcome and you will snap back, if at all. The void between here and there is wide. The mooks? They don't have much of an existent so they can stay for a while longer, but eventually they need switch shifts.

It seem like a pain, but look on the bright side. If not for this, you would be dealing with lightsiders here right now.

BTW, I love it when my players/fanfic readers poke holes in my stories, it allow me to fix plotholes I missed.))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2014, 07:07:19 pm »

((Expect plenty of poking then~

((Define Existent.

((Also why can't we Corrupt a section of Light Realm land to function similar to Dark Realm?

((Allowing existing indefinitely there.

((And why do corrupted Light Dwellers switch to Dark functionally? Wouldn't they function as Hybrids instead and be able to exist in either Realm?

((Same question for Undead Light Dwellers. Shouldn't they function in both worlds equally if reanimated by Dark Realm Sourced magic?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2014, 09:14:37 pm »

Farmlands, eh? Farmers... mobs... hmmm... Yes, the first option sounds optimal.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 09:36:40 pm »

Collector: An enemy is randomly selected. If that unit is killed, this unit stop fighting upset at losing her toy.
((
"Pearl what are you doing we need your help"
*pout*
"Pearl it was a six-armed crit berserker, we couldn't afford to keep tapping it until it passed out"
*POUT*
"Pearl your left arm is missing at the elbow"
*POUT*
"Pearl I think I know why we keep losing"
))

"We could definitely use some food. So... who gets to go?" Pearl asked, smiling and rocking on her heels. "I'd humbly recommend...

Brian Black, for increased intel. We could use someone on the ground after we leave.

Thaum Inoria Malestro, for spell artillery power. It'd be handy to have a heavy hitter nearby.

Rankja, for defense. It's convenient to have somebody who can rush into any situation without fear, and still expect to come out of it alright.

And finally, myself for diplomacy. After all, we might want to do more on this mission than just look around and hit things, right? Maybe get some contacts, take prisoners to interrogate... very handy to have somebody with a subtler touch."

She smiled expectantly at everyone in the room.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 10:06:20 pm »

"My interest is in corpses. If you 'Find' some, bring them back. Repairs will go quicker that way. Bloody walls are all asymmetrically damaged. It is unlikely for there to be many meatpuppets near a field."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:17:24 pm by Kevak »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2014, 10:10:42 pm »

"Trogdor like Pearl's Idea,But Trogdor also Think that We should go to mission Two, Trogdor say that Storlark come so He can make Zombie Minions and protect us, He should wear cloak so nobody know that He's A Lich,Rankja and Lyleth come to so that we can learn and steal shinies! Trogdor should come so Trogdor can bash enemies! What do you think?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2014, 03:59:50 am »

((Define Existent.
((Your soul mostly.))
((Also why can't we Corrupt a section of Light Realm land to function similar to Dark Realm?
((You would need a greater god's power.))

((And why do corrupted Light Dwellers switch to Dark functionally? Wouldn't they function as Hybrids instead and be able to exist in either Realm?
((Taking Brian Black as a subject, Queen Jade ripped his soul out, tore it to bits, soak the parts in dark energy for weeks, while fixing the body, rebuild the soul, and put it back. The fact Black can remember his past life was a outsider chance, let alone the same personality. As for hybrid souls, light and dark always fight, guess what happen when half your soul is enemy to the other half.))
((Same question for Undead Light Dwellers. Shouldn't they function in both worlds equally if reanimated by Dark Realm Sourced magic?
((Mindless ones would since they have no soul. Willed ones like youself do not.))

Brian Black, for increased intel. We could use someone on the ground after we leave.

((Black's player is current away for two weeks so you may want to leave him out for now.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2014, 04:10:35 am »

((Technically light and dark don't /Always/ fight. One may not exist without the other. If everything was light then the world would burn up. If everything was dark, the world would freeze to death. Synergy is the true way of things. Yin and Yang.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 07:00:37 am »

((Black's player is current away for two weeks so you may want to leave him out for now.))
((Oh, right. Hm.))

"Trogdor like Pearl's Idea,But Trogdor also Think that We should go to mission Two, Trogdor say that Storlark come so He can make Zombie Minions and protect us, He should wear cloak so nobody know that He's A Lich,Rankja and Lyleth come to so that we can learn and steal shinies! Trogdor should come so Trogdor can bash enemies! What do you think?"
"I think we need food more than we need minions at the moment, although..."

She glanced over at Brian Black, drooling on himself in a corner.

"...maybe we should swap out Brian for Lyleth. That'd give us a diplomat, tank, artillery, and shredder."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 09:21:20 am »

"Zombies No need to Eat."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2014, 01:00:48 pm »

Thaum Inoria Malestro, for spell artillery power. It'd be handy to have a heavy hitter nearby.
Thaum visibly shudders, and glares at Pearl. Please never say my name again. You are butchering the pronounciation. I suppose I can't really blame you for it, since you lack the requisite words in your language to even describe most of the senses the name is intoned in, but still. It offends my ears.

((Technically light and dark don't /Always/ fight. One may not exist without the other. If everything was light then the world would burn up. If everything was dark, the world would freeze to death. Synergy is the true way of things. Yin and Yang.))
((Kevak. No. Stop. You're arguing how invented metaphysical concepts should work based on the fact they share a name with a presumably-unrelated real world thing, a name presumably given because of existing real-world thematic associations surrounding morality. You sound like the person arguing that "the darkness within everyone's hearts" could be fixed and the world made a happier places if we just implanted tiny lights in people; worse, you're apparently doing so in an attempt to game the system. Just stop.))
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2014, 01:07:51 pm »

"We no need Minions, But zombies No need Food."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 01:10:16 pm by LuckyKobold »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5