Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Adventures of the 9th Legion (OOC)  (Read 6893 times)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures of the 9th Legion (OOC)
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 12:47:26 am »

Can I join
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 01:55:00 pm »

Stas, you might want to make the waitlist, now, if you have time. . . . . its going to get really full, me predicts.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

InstantHax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2015, 03:23:48 pm »

Hey Stas could you explain the "Drag" trait a bit better?

Tbh I think it might be the weakest debuff since it does not affect you directly. Unless there's something secretly bad about it that I don't know of c:

Give an example of Drag affecting the battle if you could
No hacks here...........just move along :3

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2015, 03:33:04 pm »

Tbh I think it might be the weakest debuff since it does not affect you directly. Unless there's something secretly bad about it that I don't know of c:

It seems to me the players success/fail rolls affect the battle, if the Empire wins or loses. Loss/wins probably affect the story.

Drag debuff is obviously intended to have a greater impact on the battle, if you die. It's a bit of a cowardly choice, making things worse for everyone after you go, but not everyone is a hero. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2015, 03:48:43 pm »

Waiting list has been created.

It seems to me the players success/fail rolls affect the battle, if the Empire wins or loses. Loss/wins probably affect the story.

Drag debuff is obviously intended to have a greater impact on the battle, if you die. It's a bit of a cowardly choice, making things worse for everyone after you go, but not everyone is a hero. :P

Probably the best way to put it. The battle phase happens on two levels, the players are fighting in a larger battle with hundreds, and potentially thousands of soldiers hacking away at eachother all around them. Their individual success can affect the outcome of the battle around them. Taking drag, while making it easier on the individual level can have a very negative impact on the overall battle in case of death.

While I am at it, does anyone know the HTML code to shorten URLs and change Spoiler names?

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

InstantHax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2015, 04:13:52 pm »

Probably the best way to put it. The battle phase happens on two levels, the players are fighting in a larger battle with hundreds, and potentially thousands of soldiers hacking away at eachother all around them. Their individual success can affect the outcome of the battle around them. Taking drag, while making it easier on the individual level can have a very negative impact on the overall battle in case of death.

While I am at it, does anyone know the HTML code to shorten URLs and change Spoiler names?

Alright sounds fair enough. Will be modifying my character sheet since I don't want to drag my comrades down.

It would be great if you could add some more debuff opinions though, pretty much everyone have about the same debuff.
No hacks here...........just move along :3

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2015, 04:35:23 pm »

Alright sounds fair enough. Will be modifying my character sheet since I don't want to drag my comrades down.

It would be great if you could add some more debuff opinions though, pretty much everyone have about the same debuff.

I will be upgrading the traits list in the days ahead.
After the first battle is over I will revamp some things.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2015, 04:44:22 pm »

To label spoilers you add a = and then what you want to name it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 12:52:25 pm »

Code: [Select]
[spoiler=This is the code]
And it will look like this.
[/spoiler]

Spoiler: This is the code (click to show/hide)

You can also add mouse-over text.

Code: [Select]
[abbr=See?]Hold mouse here[/abbr]

Hold mouse here

Useful for describing stats without clutter.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 01:29:50 pm »

Huh. I didnt know that last one was even possible.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2015, 08:44:33 pm »

So, we doing the thing and then the action, or are we just doing actions now?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2015, 08:50:11 pm »

So, we doing the thing and then the action, or are we just doing actions now?
Not sure what you mean by that, but usually there would a commander who directs the lot of you with orders, so you don't have to worry about deciding where people go, but since there are no orders from a commander it's sort of an every man for himself situation and you just need to tell me what your character wants to do.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2015, 09:44:08 pm »

Well, I mean that in the first turn there where two different sections or something...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2015, 11:26:41 am »

Last turn there were intermissions for 2 players.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2015, 11:57:08 am »

That what they where called. We still doing that?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5