Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is it okay if I heckle people via PM if they are late to post?

Yeah. It's the best way to have a game actually continue.
- 6 (46.2%)
Sometimes. Only do it if they are late a lot.
- 4 (30.8%)
No. It is never right to hassle people. If you don't like it, tough luck.
- 0 (0%)
Just skip them.
- 3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: December 19, 2014, 08:13:18 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Roll to GM  (Read 11627 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to GM
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2014, 11:40:57 am »

Use some sort of shadow hide ability in this corner and wait until all the guards give up looking for me. Then I will meet up with Darius.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2014, 12:47:58 pm »

Just hang out until everyone else is ready.

"Hey everybody. You know who I am? I'm famous here y'kno! I'm a prize fighter! I bludgeon guys for the entertainment of Othas. I'm really famous! I'm almost a grand champion. Oh, my name's Jack, by the way! You know me, right? I'm real famous here, and I'm on my way to grand-championship, and I'm real good at punching people! Oh, excuse me, who are you again?"

(I know it's annoying, it was intentional. Feel free to act annoyed IC)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:49:55 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2014, 02:14:20 pm »

"GNORK."
Chase that woman down!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2014, 02:20:31 pm »

Gather my companions. We have a mission to do.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2014, 03:49:15 pm »

Gather with the party.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2014, 05:32:42 am »

((This turn, I'll be trying the rule change that was agreed on in ooc thread - a roll of 1 substracts one success, and a 6 gives you an additional roll- up to the maximum of three))

Use some sort of shadow hide ability in this corner and wait until all the guards give up looking for me. Then I will meet up with Darius.
The tavern gradually forgets about you, and you see a guard idly walking about, not very attentive. [Wis: 3, 5, 4 | 2 successes] They probably do not think you are in tyis part of town.
You go to the meeting place without difficulty

Just hang out until everyone else is ready.

"Hey everybody. You know who I am? I'm famous here y'kno! I'm a prize fighter! I bludgeon guys for the entertainment of Othas. I'm really famous! I'm almost a grand champion. Oh, my name's Jack, by the way! You know me, right? I'm real famous here, and I'm on my way to grand-championship, and I'm real good at punching people! Oh, excuse me, who are you again?"

(I know it's annoying, it was intentional. Feel free to act annoyed IC)
Everyone present seems to ignore you. Especially Tom, who is outright glassy-eyed.

"GNORK."
Chase that woman down!
[Dex - difficulty 5: 5, 4, 5 | 2 successesVS difficulty 4: 6!-6!-4, 5, 1 | 4-1=3 successes]
You go into a good sprint, but even though she almost trips for once, you can't keep up because she already had a headstart and is really damn fast.
[Perc: 1, 1, 2, 1 | 0-3=.. 7? Dunno.. successes]
You fail to notice something so hard you forget where you even are. Then when you see darius signaling you to come to the meeting place you remember and promptly go there. You walk past two guards who seemed to both have experienced a similarly massive perception failure

~~The rest~~
((autoed high tyrol for predictable action and to get these town shenanigans over with and start the real adventure))
You wait for everyone to show up.
Now it's time to leave. You see two roads that lead to the forest. The first one goes straight, but is less travelled since it only goes to the forest, not a very popular place. You may encounter highwaymen here.
The other one is much more popular and safe, but will take a bit longer since it goes near other towns.
Yoy could also try to go through fields, where you'll only face angry farmers and mud slowing you down. You might be able to go faster if you can get in a caravan. Or maybe you can figure out some more exotic traveling options?

(( Made whole turn on mobile and it seemed to turn out alright!  :D ))
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 05:39:14 am by taat »
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2014, 11:03:31 am »

Well, I control dark energy and I am more powerful in the shadows... Shadow Walk? That should work.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2014, 01:01:31 pm »

I'll decide your shadow power isn't powerful enough to let you get 6 others with you, though that could change when your powers have increased later in the game and you're deep within the forest
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2014, 02:02:22 pm »

Call for my trusty Velociraptor steed.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2014, 04:09:11 pm »

Take the route least travelled. More dangerous, more legendary, more famousy! I love being more famousy! Legends are famousy, and I want to be a famousy legend!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2014, 12:08:19 am »

Take the route least travelled. More dangerous, more legendary, more famousy! I love being more famousy! Legends are famousy, and I want to be a famousy legend!
+1
Money!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2014, 12:48:04 pm »

Sure
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2014, 01:11:43 pm »

1+

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2014, 09:46:57 pm »

(I know that I'm not part of this game, but..http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/173536)

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2014, 06:11:25 pm »

+1
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7