The Plague with no name
- 2 (28.6%)
Forever Night
- 4 (57.1%)
The day the floor became Lava
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Collapse(OOC)NOW ACCEPTING VOTES  (Read 2922 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Collapse(OOC)NOW ACCEPTING VOTES
« on: December 15, 2014, 04:06:40 pm »

This will be much slower moving than my other game,Donut slaying cultists. Anyways the idea of the game is that the community controls the actions of the leader of a post-apocalyptic settlement,There will be an IC thread if this picks up.

Know what caused the downfall of civilization? (NO CLICHES,Gimme Sum-thing Original I wanna see what the Bay12 Democrobrain can come up with) And how long ago was the Collapse? The idea isn't that developed right know but I'll do my best not to disappoint
 8).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:10:42 pm by LuckyKobold »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Collapse(OOC)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 05:23:58 pm »

Okay guys,Just read my starting post and realized how confusing it was,This should simplify things.

Apocalypse Template

Name:(What most survivors call the disaster.)
Death Toll:(How many of the human race survived,Must be either 40% or higher,otherwise it wouldn't qualify as an apocalypse.)
How Long Ago Was It:(Has to be at least a month,But can go up to 500 years.)
What Caused It:(What caused the *insert Name here*,can be unknown.)
Description:(A few sentence/ A paragraph describing the events of the *insert Name here*.)

Best One/One with the most votes gets the title/privilege of being the one in the game,After this I'll put up a basic character template for the protagonist.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:27:25 pm by LuckyKobold »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 06:25:05 pm »

Name: The Plague with no name.
Death Toll: 97,6%.
How long ago: Fifty years.
Cause: Biological weaponry unleashed.
Description: As relations between superpowers worsened, military science programs focused on biological WoMD, an coordinated assassination of the worlds best and greatest leaders and generals, their troops unleashed their carefully designed virus, with a whooping 97, 6% infection rate and an incredible mortality rate reaching 100%, as all societies collapsed, a cult started, worshiping a "Rider with no name riding through the desert", and as the cultists started to unleash their lord and savior on the non-believers, the virus found an enemy it could not beat, the enemy being lack of beings  to infect, survivors being immune to the ungodly plague and the cult being hated and attacked by virtually everyone, the life just may have started to begin anew.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 06:28:07 pm »

Name: The Plague with no name.
Death Toll: 97,6%.
How long ago: Fifty years.
Cause: Biological weaponry unleashed.
Description: As relations between superpowers worsened, military science programs focused on biological WoMD, an coordinated assassination of the worlds best and greatest leaders and generals, their troops unleashed their carefully designed virus, with a whooping 97, 6% infection rate and an incredible mortality rate reaching 100%, as all societies collapsed, a cult started, worshiping a "Rider with no name riding through the desert", and as the cultists started to unleash their lord and savior on the non-believers, the virus found an enemy it could not beat, the enemy being lack of beings  to infect, survivors being immune to the ungodly plague and the cult being hated and attacked by virtually everyone, the life just may have started to begin anew.

Nice, I like it!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:47:07 pm by LuckyKobold »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 06:38:42 pm »

Name: Forever Night
Death Toll: 88.8%
How Long Ago: 10 years ago.
Description: It was a normal day, perfectly mundane, when the Sun disappeared. That day, day became Forever Night, and panic struck. Our sun was gone, how long would it last? Turns out, forever. It became cold, and freezing in a week, and only became colder from there. Survivors gathered around the warm places, volcanos and Yellowstone. However, the lucky ones gained access to vaults, underground cities that were warm, and government protected. It has been ten years, and it is still Forever Night. Don't go, It's Cold Outside.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:41:36 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 06:41:40 pm »

Description: It was a normal day, perfectly mundane, when the Sun disappeared. That day, day became Forever Night, and panic struck. Our sun was gone, how long would it last? Turns out, forever. It became cold, and freezing in a week, and only became colder from there. Survivors gathered around the warm places, volcanos and Yellowstone. However, the lucky ones gained access to vaults, underground cities that were warm, and government protected. It has been ten years, and it is still Forever Night, and it's cold outside.

Also nice,But was Earth's Gravitational field maintained or is it just free floating?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:46:45 pm by LuckyKobold »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 06:44:01 pm »

Description: It was a normal day, perfectly mundane, when the Sun disappeared. That day, day became Forever Night, and panic struck. Our sun was gone, how long would it last? Turns out, forever. It became cold, and freezing in a week, and only became colder from there. Survivors gathered around the warm places, volcanos and Yellowstone. However, the lucky ones gained access to vaults, underground cities that were warm, and government protected. It has been ten years, and it is still Forever Night, and it's cold outside.

Also nice,But was Earth's Gravitational field maintained or is it just free floating?

((You know there's a quote function right~?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 06:45:00 pm »

It's free floating, flying in one direction in a constant speed like an asteroid. I don't think that will change anything, the Earth has it's own gravity, so most won't notice.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 06:48:02 pm »

((You know there's a quote function right~?
Whoops,Forgot, :-X.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 06:49:05 pm »

Moon would fall out of orbit rapidly. It's not actually orbiting the earth. It's orbiting the sun but it's super close to the earth and is affected by its gravity.

Earthquakes, tides, and other things would be a problem.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 06:50:02 pm »

All the more FUN!(But it depends on which idea gets the most votes)
Don't be shy to submit an idea folks.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 06:50:20 pm »

Moon would fall out of orbit rapidly. It's not actually orbiting the earth. It's orbiting the sun but it's super close to the earth and is affected by its gravity.

Didn't know, thanks.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 07:11:43 pm »

Didn't know, thanks.

That's because that was a absolute falsehood. The Moon is quite definitely orbiting the Earth.

If the Moon feel out of orbit and hit the Earth, there would be a bit more than earthquakes and tidal disruptions i.e everyone would die as the surface of the earth became molten and life would be wiped from the planet.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 07:15:59 pm »

Falling out of orbit doesn't go towards the earth~ Moon's moving away from the earth at the rate of one inch per year~

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 07:30:10 pm »

[The Moon is] not actually orbiting the earth.
That's not true.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The moon orbits the Earth, and the Earth orbits the Sun. The moon moves around the Sun at the same time it moves around the Earth. The moon interacts with the Earth and the Sun at the same time. You can't say the moon only orbits the Earth, but saying that it doesn't orbit the Earth at all is wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4