Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [RP] Kha'Tivan, The Golden City of the Desert [5/5]  (Read 6521 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] Kha'Tivan, The Golden City of the Desert [5/5]
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 02:46:39 pm »

The Nine Lions
You get 14 Influence and 12 Wealth!

One of the employees of your Baths has overheard a rich looking dwarf talking to one of his comrades. He spoke of a great treasure, owned by a widow who lives in the Magic district. This widow has recently asked you how expensive it was to get some singers and dancers to perform at a party she held. After hearing the price she walked away without saying anything. One of your trusted friends suggests that you contact her again, to lower the price. Not only will performing increase the populairity of your guild. It might also be a good chance to check if the rumors of these hidden riches are true.

What will you do?
___________________________________________________________________________________________
The Hyenas
You get 12 Influence and 10 Wealth!

An elderly woman has approached one of your gang leaders on the street. Someone had told her that if she ever was in need of any bodyguards, your gang was the right gang. The price she offered was fairly high for just a night of work. She said that if you wished to accept the offer, she could be found in the Magic district.

What will you do?
___________________________________________________________________________________________
The Sand
You get 10 Influence and 10 Wealth!

A rich man from the government district has ordered a squad of city guards to investigate every little detail of your Guild's history. He suspects you and your guild were the ones who killed one of his seven sons, which you were. You know who the man is, where he lives and how to get into his house silently, because one of your assassins did it several months ago. If he ever finds out what things you did he might tell them to everyone, which will be devastating for your guild.

What will you do?
The Platinum Coin
You get 10 Influence and 16 Wealth!

The brewer's guild, a guild well known for their expensive Colonche, a liquor brewed from local species of cacti, has recently lost almost everything they possessed, because a drought killed almost every crop they tried to grow. Now, they have come to you to ask for help. They have a lot of debts, but they do not want to cease existing. For 12 wealth, they will accept to join you, giving you everything they still have; the Brewer's guild building in the Temple District and the Liquor Store in the Pleasure District.

What will you do?
The Inquisitive Tower/Mushrooms
You get 14 Influence and 10 Wealth!

Your Alchemist has discovered a new substance, a cyan-colored metal he calls "Adamantine". He isn't able to produce a lot of it yet, because he does not have the recources needed to create it. He asks you for 4 Wealth, so he can continue his research to this potentially valuable material.

What will you do?

So now everyone can choose what to do with their quest. If you want to buy any buildings, i've added the inluence and/or wealth price to the purchasable places. You can buy as much buildings as you want, as long as you can pay for it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 03:17:02 pm »

Find the women, try to learn a little more about her and the job.

Buy the Well in the slum for 2 influence. Buy the animal pens in the slum for 1 Wealth
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 03:38:50 pm »

Find the women, try to learn a little more about her and the job.

Buy the Well in the slum for 2 influence. Buy the animal pens in the slum for 1 Wealth
You have succesfully bought the well and animal pens! you now have 10 Influence and 9 Wealth left. (Everything you still have can be found in the third post, under the "possessions" spoiler of your gang)

You send one of your subordinates to meet with the lady. She has told him several things about herself and why she needed bodyguards. She is an elderly widow, and she's going to organize a big party to please the god of souls next week. A lot of important and rich people are coming, so guards are definitely a must have. Every guard will get food to get through the night, because there is more than enough. She was planning to hire some entertainers, but after hearing the price she refrained from that.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 03:44:49 pm »

Accept the offer, buy and rent out both Shanty in the wearhouse district and buy and rent out the animal pens in the wearhouse district.

Spread the word that I'm looking for retired warriors, knights, rangers, assassins and wizards.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 03:52:05 pm »

Take the job, send our best guards.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 04:13:52 pm »

Accept the offer, buy and rent out both Shanty in the wearhouse district and buy and rent out the animal pens in the wearhouse district.

Spread the word that I'm looking for retired warriors, knights, rangers, assassins and wizards.

You have succesfully aquired a Liquor Store, the Brewer's Guild, a Shanty and an Animal Pens. You still have 8 Influence and 4 Wealth

The leader of the Brewer's, normally a very serious man who barely shows any emotion, cried with joy when he heard that the century old brewer's guild didn't have to cease existing.

You send some of your messengers to spread your message. There don't seem to be a lot of replies, but one day later, you get a message from Roulant Ayoul, The Leader of a small band of mercenaries, whom are called "The Sapphire Scarabs" by the local people. In this letter, Roulant thanks you for saving the Brewer's guild.  He loves the spirits brewed by them, and he and his group are willing to work for you in exchange for some booze every now and then (-0.5 Wealth from the Liquor  Store). They usually specialize in exploring ruins, but they aren't bad at fighting either.

Will you accept their offer?

Take the job, send our best guards.
The lady thanks you for your help. (the party is next turn, so sending your guards now won't really do anything :P)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 04:18:29 pm »

(( Should be 2 shanties. ))

Accept the offer. Buy the graveyard as well.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2014, 09:30:08 pm »

((Apologies, but my schedule is more crowded than I thought, and am going to have to pass on this game.))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 09:32:24 pm »

((So one of us is going to get invoked in the name of balanced gameplay?))
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 09:34:35 pm »

(( Lol, balance? What forum are you playing on? ))
Caine's law.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 09:50:26 pm »

((The one where people kill innocent people in the name of... oh, I get it.))
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 09:53:00 pm »

(( Hey hey hey. I don't kill innocent people. I have people for that. ))
Caine's law.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2014, 09:45:51 am »

Actions: Seek rumors and info on the woman...one of the guilder leaders speaks to the woman personally, offers services, and see where she stands politically. Offer her a good price!

Also, invest 1 Gold in each of our Apartments (Total 3 Gold) to make them nicer places to live. Rename them-The Pledge, The Turn, and The Prestige.

Inquire into the state of businesses in the pleasure district of which we acquired.

Buying: 2xApartments in the Pleasure District for 6 Wealth
Gambling Hall in the Pleasure District for 5 Influence
Apothecary in the Pleasure District for 7 Influence
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:51:31 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2014, 08:46:45 pm »

A windowless room of indeterminate size, the edges shrouded in darkness. In the centre, dim illumination was cast by a constantly-shifting list of assets, options, statistics, maps and more displayed in glowing lines hovering above a small table. A masked, hooded figure obscured by a bulky cloak manipulated the controls to the table, while around it, a ring of smaller displays provided details to the circle of Tower and Mushroom upper echelons, their faces and beards concealed by the low illumination.
The central figure flicked the display across to a scrolling list of material properties, and turned slowly while speaking.
"As you can all see, these are the known details of a new metal our alchemist has discove-"
"Wait, we have an alchemist? Since when? I thought they had all left when the Gold Tower dissolved! Nasty accident, that..."
"Yeah, this changes things! Now we can get them to fiddle with shiny things for us!"
"Good times, everyone!"

"Yes, yes, we have an alchemist, and have had one for some time. Now, if you'd all turn your attention back to this new metal; as you can see, it's been named Adamantine, due to i-"
"Wait wait, this stuff is the same colour as our Guild Logo? We need more of this stuff! How much can this alchemist pump out?!"
"Er, well,  the material has just been discovered, and the process is not yet well understood. The alchemist is asking for a grant to do further research, but the figure he is requesting is quite significant, and there are a number of alternate ways for us to spend our somewhat... limited... current resources I have highlighted on page 6 of-"
"Well he's got my vote! All in favour?"
"AYE!"

"... Very well, the motion is carried. Now, if you'll look at the remaining liquid assets we have available, and the projected profits from our current holdings, our accountants have marked out a plan of purchases and other, er, "acquisitions" of businesses and property to return the greatest profit over the coming year, including in some areas variable investment paths based on possible negotiations by our associates. If you'll all inspect the plan I'm sure you'll agree it car-"
"Yes, yes, good work, but I need access to an embalmer, and the one in the slums has been getting most uncooperative of late. I say we buy them out."
"I agree!"
"So do I!"
"Yes, this is of critical research importance!"
"Actually, yeah, an embalmer would help a lot with some of our ongoing operations. Supported."

"I see... Might I inquire as to why, exactly, you all need access to an embalmer?
"Ah, well, you see, it's quite technical, but the basic jist of it is th-"
"Never mind, I don't want to know. So you all support this plan? Very well, I suppose I can take this to the accountants and see what their revised plan is; we can shelve the issue for now, and meet back here in a few days to go over the financial aspects again."
"Oh, no need for that, I know just what we should do with the rest of the liquid assets. See, a lot of us are doing renovations at the moment, and you wouldn't believe the prices these masons charge! Some of us have gotten together and worked out it would actually just be cheaper to buy them out and get an owners discount for the lot of us."
"Shit. Cousin Larry's gonna be mad. Very well, all in favour?"
"AYE!"
"Very well, the motion is carried. I need a drink; the meeting is adjourned, we'll meet back here in an hour and go over the planning for the monthly outing."
Instantly, the figures around the circle vanished, some teleporting out, some activating various stealth methods, others ceasing to project their image there, and some just doing a runner.

*Sigh* "Fucking Wizards."

Code: [Select]
Influence Wealth
14 10 Start
-4 Adamantine
-6 Embalmer's (Slum)
-7 Mason (Low)
-7 Mason (Crafter's)
0 0 End
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 12:08:35 pm »

-snip-
((whoops, i misread your post, changing it now to two shanties.))

Later the day, Roulant Ayoul pays you a visit. You tell him that you gladly accept his offer, and Roulant looks happy. He asks you if he and his comrades can live in the empty house you own, which is situated in the Warehouse District. (This will give you +0.5 Influence/turn)

-snip-

You have succesfully bought two apartments, a Gambling Hall and an Apothecary. Upgrading your Apartments has given all of them +1 Influence/turn and +0.5 Wealth/turn. Because you now have every building that surrounds Bat Lane, it is now yours, giving you +1 Influence/turn.

You sent one of your guild leaders to meet with the lady. She introduces herself as Jocelyn Grayrose, a widow living in the magic district. She is planning to organise a party next week, because she wants the god of souls to have mercy on her dead husband's soul. After some negotiation, you both decide that 5 Wealth is a fair price.

One of your subordinates, whom you had given the task to find some information about her, returns with some interesting rumors. Jocelyn used to be a prostitute in the slum district when she was younger. After several years of living in poverty she fell in love with one of her regular customers, an alchemist named Virgilio Grayrose. Virgilio, who was also deeply in love with the young Jocelyn, proposed to her several weeks after they first met. Jocelyn gladly said yes, and soon they got married. Virgilio didn't have much at the time, but Jocelyn didn't mind. Years passed by and Virgilio had one alchemical breakthrough after another. Some rumors speak of piles of incredible gems made by Virgilio himself. But Virgilio became obsessed with his job. He wanted to create an incredibly rare mineral from sand. After years of searching for ways to obtain this material, he died in an accident involving inflammable gasses. Some say he found what he was looking for, others say he wasn't even close. Jocelyn has inherited everything he had, and now lives in a mansion in the Magic District.

A few days after you have given the money to your alchemists, he comes running into your guild's main building, while loudly exclaiming "Eureka!". He immediately asks to speak to you. After he sits down in your office, shaking with exitement, he tells what's going on. "After three days of non-stop experimenting, i have finally found a way to produce the metal on a larger scale. I only needed to Hydroextermulate several moles of Hydroauride and then melt it until the irra-". One of the leaders of the Inquisitive mushrooms suddenly interrupts him "I don't know what anything of this means, but what will be the consequences of it?". The Alchemist looks him in the eye and says: "Adamantine is not very expensive to create, and it's quality surpasses most other metals. If you find a way to sell it, you can make a lot of money."

After your leaders have finished celebrating this good news, one of them says: "I know someone who might be able to build a store in the magic district, so that we can sell the Adamantine goods we can make. He'll probably do it for 5 Wealth, but it'll take some time.

What will you do?
((Building the Adamantine Crafts Shop will take one turn to complete. You may pay when the building is finished.)

((So one of us is going to get invoked in the name of balanced gameplay?))
((Yes, and you will be the one who gets invoked because you posted first. I'm going to give you the buildings of the assassin's guild (will rename "the Assassin's Guild" though, don't worry). You'll start with the same amount of wealth and influence of the Assassin's guild. I've got to edit the mission a little bit though. I'll post a mission that suits you better soon))

Edit: ((Could you also change your guild's color? Purple is already taken by the Nine Lions :s ))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:16:15 pm by Lord_lemonpie »
Pages: 1 [2] 3