Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Little Big Planet  (Read 1029 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Little Big Planet
« on: December 11, 2014, 07:20:17 pm »

Curious, with its third iteration having recently been released, what is the opinion of Bay 12 about this game?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Little Big Planet
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 07:32:38 pm »

LBP (the first one) is one of two games that I've ever pre-ordered. Loved it to death. Also played LBP2 though not as expensively as the first. My PS3 broke though so I stopped playing, and I don't have a PS4 so I haven't tried LBP3

It would've been really cool if you could make levels on your computer and export them to the playstation, or something.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 08:53:47 pm »

...I don't have a PS4 so I haven't tried LBP3

Also on PS3 as well.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 11:30:39 pm »

The 'campaign'/main storyline, well, I'll leave that opinion up to you.. All I'll personally speak for is the level editor.. Its mildly complex (to a point that I never grasped it functionally), but if you're good with editors then you'll probably be good with that one too..

Because of the editor the online community is still pretty active, and they've accomplished some pretty amazing stuff :> It'd be good to grab the 2nd one cheap just to play the main game and see if you like it, then attack the online stuff while you wait on the price of the 3rd to drop ;)

Or, if you were just asking overall opinion, I'll say its fun :) I'm more of a "level-up my guy into all-purple gear and hoard 10,000,000 gold!" kind of guys and I relate LBP to action/platformer (two places where level-ups and grinding are harder to find, bahahaha..) Not my personal cup o' tea, but a good experience (and having said that, I did play LBP1 and then preorder the 2nd one.. As I said, the editor redeems all..)

Ah, and its probably better with friends.. I just played with random people, or no-one ;)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 11:39:06 pm »

The 'campaign'/main storyline, well, I'll leave that opinion up to you.. All I'll personally speak for is the level editor.. Its mildly complex (to a point that I never grasped it functionally), but if you're good with editors then you'll probably be good with that one too..

Because of the editor the online community is still pretty active, and they've accomplished some pretty amazing stuff :> It'd be good to grab the 2nd one cheap just to play the main game and see if you like it, then attack the online stuff while you wait on the price of the 3rd to drop ;)

Or, if you were just asking overall opinion, I'll say its fun :) I'm more of a "level-up my guy into all-purple gear and hoard 10,000,000 gold!" kind of guys and I relate LBP to action/platformer (two places where level-ups and grinding are harder to find, bahahaha..) Not my personal cup o' tea, but a good experience (and having said that, I did play LBP1 and then preorder the 2nd one.. As I said, the editor redeems all..)

Ah, and its probably better with friends.. I just played with random people, or no-one ;)

I own the first and second, and am currently renting the third.

Speaking of the editor, they've added shops with a custom currency.  Some people might wind up creating levels of the 'get all-purple gear and hoard 10,000,000 [currency]' type, if a form of save system can be developed.