Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Double Action:Boogaloo  (Read 1066 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Double Action:Boogaloo
« on: December 10, 2014, 08:58:37 pm »

Quote from: Steam Store page
What's Double Action Like?
Imagine doing a backflip off some dude's face, then diving through a window, gold-plated pistols firing in slow motion. There's an explosion behind you and somebody's stolen your briefcase full of money.

Is that enough action for you? Multiply it by two for Double Action.

Double Action:Boogaloo is in short a action movie simulator. You dive, jump, and fight in a all out battle royal with your fists, guns, or grenades. Instead of measuring your success in how many kills you get, or something like that, it measures your success by how stylish you are, be it diving away from explosions, headshotting a guy while sliding, or having a bullet filled duel to the death as you plummet down from the top of a skyscraper. Being stylish gets you powers such slow motion, perfect accuracy, extreme jump range, or tons of grenades. It's a mod of Half-Life 2 Mod, so even the worst computer should be able to run it.

And the best part is, it's absolutely free.
Trailer
Steam Store Page

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Double Action:Boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 06:44:20 am »

Just a example of play I had earlier, I was on the skyscraper map, started in a office. I climbed up a airvent, slid while firing my 9mm SMG at some guys, and the once I slid up to him I knocked him in the face with it, causing him to die. The game is just straight deathmatch, but sometimes random events spawn like having to deliver a briefcase, race along checkpoints, or kill once specific person. Right now a race event was going on, so I leaped down off the top of the skyscraper I was on, and dived through a glass bridge to reach the first checkpoint.

Sliding up the stairs, I came across someone waiting with a shotgun. I dived backwards away from them while activating bullet time and filling them with lead. Did not manage to kill them on that, but after a short struggle, I managed to defeat them. After making my way through a lobby, I dived through a door while firing to reach the second checkpoint.

When I got to the roof, all hell had broken lose up there. There were five people in a gun battle, and they would off me if I got to close to the finish. So, I activated my super slow motion, which is one of the abilities you can get for being stylish, and dived past them while firing my vindicator, a assault rifle. Managed to pop two guys in that moment, and landed on the finish line, and got all the style abilities at the same time, and wiped the floor with the rest of them.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 07:54:38 am »

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 04:22:03 pm »

The search button is your friend.
The horror! Someone else already made a thread! I shall immediately commit seppuku, for my horrible crime against the forums.
/s

Anyone else playing got any good strategies?