Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112781 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The Mind: Day 3 - Flood in caves
« Reply #645 on: February 04, 2015, 07:21:38 pm »

Teach the puppers to peepoo in the special place.
((May want to specify where the "special place" is. If it turns out to be one of your coworkers, I'm shooting you with a taser.))
Teach the puppers that the special place is in mastah's cereal bowl.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 05, 2015, 08:45:20 am »

((May want to specify where the "special place" is. If it turns out to be one of your coworkers, I'm shooting you with a taser.))
"*Barely restrained laughter*"
Pet the puppies, train them along with Guni.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 05, 2015, 11:40:23 am »

Home team

((Did I get my training guide?))
Puppies! Come to Papa! Also guys we need to get these guys trained in less than eight arbatrairy time units. I need  the time practice for the mark 3s which will literally kill us.
Bond with the puppies and start using positive and (very mild) negative reinforcement for not biting us (or un-indicated cloth things) and biting cloth things when indicated.

Playing is best way to bond so you do so and get much licking in progress. And some playful biting, which is good point to start training.

They have short attention span, but at least they now show minor preference on biting clothes. Not the clothes people wear, mind you, but rags prepared for this training. It is still very playful, as you would expect from puppies.

Too bad nobody has any personal tableware. Best you can do is to steal shirt from Cromwell's footlocker and use that as training material. Puppies are not really peepooping yet. It might be because their metabolism is really a top grade or Dave's liver paste doesn't have much indigestible materials. Either way, they might have assosiated the smell with something.

So... try again later?

"*Barely restrained laughter*"
Pet the puppies, train them along with Guni.

Its going to be absolutely hilarious when Cromwell finally gets back on board. You two are snickering like a little kids. Dave doesn't get what you are laughing at.

Red team

Slowly walk forward.

Which way is forward? I assume west because that makes more sense.

Cromwell slung his net gun off of his back, and set it down so he could grab it quickly if he needed it, then aimed his rifle at the light and braced himself on a knee.

"Pendle! Get behind me!"

If any signs of hostility show themselves, open fire.
Get behind Cromwell.

It makes sense. Having two additional layers of shielding material is known to increase survival rates against rapidly approaching piercing death. Therefore is best to hide behind other person.

There isn't any rapidly approaching piercing death, though. Dust settles soon enough and people can tell that shining is just reflection of their own lights from reflective metal pillar. Looks like rock layer covering it gave away bringing portion of ceiling down with it. You can see more of that metal in ceiling, forming horizontal plane. Those with sharper eyes notice absolutely minimal curvature in it. There's a hole in metal ceiling where the pillar comes from, or goes in.

All in all, it looks very artificial.

Green team

Green team does nothing?

Briana ignores the pouring water and runs into lab container. Erick hesitates a moment and then follows her in. Rest of you can already start see effects of rain. The brook coming from cave is slowly creeping up to you and flow is getting stronger.

Time is now ~12:45.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* Attack dog hybrid mutant, mark 3 (Puppy: -12?)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
* Werewolf
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 05, 2015, 11:58:57 am »

((Can I pull back on the aging thing a bit? So they mature in like a day or two instead of 15 arbitrary time units? {I'm assuming based on them reaching adolescence at ten}))
Keep playing and training.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 05, 2015, 12:01:08 pm »

"I don't think that formation is natural...Erick, I don't suppose there's any sort of geological phenomena that could cause that?"
Assuming the answer is no, radio the base.
"This is Dr. Pendle, reporting in. The cave has started flooding, so we'll be leaving soon, but the commotion has uncovered a structure apparently artificially constructed. Assuming the cave doesn't drain, we may want to take a submarine and investigate it, if either of the bases are equipped with any."
Also, check in with green team.
"Our section of the cave has begun flooding; anything to report in yours?"
Regardless of the answer, begin heading west, out of the cave.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 05, 2015, 01:10:36 pm »

Continue west.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 05, 2015, 01:57:39 pm »

((Can I pull back on the aging thing a bit? So they mature in like a day or two instead of 15 arbitrary time units? {I'm assuming based on them reaching adolescence at ten}))
Keep playing and training.
Well, honestly entire growth process from single cell into puppy should have taken 19 in-game days and another 19 days into adult. But because having wild mutants on board seemed so fun I decided to give you big discount.
I suppose we can tune it up.

"I don't think that formation is natural...Erick, I don't suppose there's any sort of geological phenomena that could cause that?"
Assuming the answer is no, radio the base.
"This is Dr. Pendle, reporting in. The cave has started flooding, so we'll be leaving soon, but the commotion has uncovered a structure apparently artificially constructed. Assuming the cave doesn't drain, we may want to take a submarine and investigate it, if either of the bases are equipped with any."
Also, check in with green team.
"Our section of the cave has begun flooding; anything to report in yours?"
Regardless of the answer, begin heading west, out of the cave.

Erick? Are you sure you didn't mean Cole or Micah instead? Because Erick is the security guy in green team.

"Well, in theory... no, it would still look like stone... No. This is not natural, no matter how alien world we are in." Cole answers.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 05, 2015, 02:20:21 pm »

((Yeah, I did mean Cole. My bad!))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 05, 2015, 02:35:50 pm »

((Cool. I want some a day or two before they reach adolescence with the same incubation time.))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 05, 2015, 05:59:05 pm »

((Now the puppies will associate me with something.
Either I am their dad, their toy, or their toilet.
In any case, Guni, you're dead when I get back.))

"Yeah, that's certainly unusual. Alright, vote time. Who wants to check this out now, and who wants to head back, and look at this another time?"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 05, 2015, 06:07:53 pm »

"The fact that you found possible alien ruins is amazing, but I would suggest leaving now!"

Check how fast the water is rising, if it is safe to stay and wait for the other team then do that, if not run to the lab container.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 05, 2015, 06:17:31 pm »

"The fact that you found possible alien ruins is amazing, but I would suggest leaving now!"

Check how fast the water is rising, if it is safe to stay and wait for the other team then do that, if not run to the lab container.
"I agree. We can always take a submarine or the like back in, or failing that, waiting until it drains or trying to dig a tunnel into the ruins. Exploring now will likely be a major and fatal mistake."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 06, 2015, 03:59:52 am »

On comns "Cromwell you just got out sanityited get out of there". Head into base and make sure noone is messing with the crystals without knowing the risks of light triggered explosion.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 06, 2015, 07:41:06 am »

Pet the puppies. The more of them imprint on me, the better.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 06, 2015, 09:41:32 am »

Let's leave this hellhole
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 59