Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112923 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 3 - Now spelunking
« Reply #555 on: January 27, 2015, 05:52:05 pm »

Follow Chomwell

In responce to the gun comments "Well we already had problems and its better to have and not need then need and not have."
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 27, 2015, 06:45:41 pm »

"I'll take east, then. Better a doctor with two teams than two doctors with one."
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 27, 2015, 10:17:21 pm »

"Mark, while I appreciate the loyalty, I think it may be best to split up."

He motioned to the large stock of weapons each of them carried.

"We were the only ones bright enough to make sure we're well armed. If we both go the same way, and the other team gets into trouble..."

Cromwell let Mark figure out the rest. He felt confident nobody else would figure out the answer to it.

Go with the team that Pendle is with. Even if solely because he's the only doctor Cromwell can remember the name of.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 27, 2015, 10:24:12 pm »

I read the EULA or whatever that text said. Below the red stuff. Alex is twenty-five.
see how long it would take to make my little buddy able to think.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 28, 2015, 03:47:20 am »

Agree with Cromwell and join the other team
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 28, 2015, 11:43:36 am »

Home team

Go to shooting range, do some target practice with an SMG.

This is a scientific research vessel, not a military training ground. We don't have a shooting range. The best you can do is to make your own so you gather empty bottles and useless trays and go outside, placing them in various positions.

You shoot few short bursts and hit every target. There's no challenge in shooting stationary targets, you note dissapointedly.

Look at the mental dna of similar animals with different behavioral patterns.

Mental abilities are determined by brain and behaviour is partially learned, partially genetical, so the answer must lie in how brain grows. Your search in genes of Canis genus yields no useful results. They are all too similar.

Red team

"I'll take east, then. Better a doctor with two teams than two doctors with one."

"A choice I agree with. And the very reason why we shoudn't split into more than two teams." Cole says
"Exactly!" Nevaeh nods. She's not one to speak much it seems.

"Mark, while I appreciate the loyalty, I think it may be best to split up."

He motioned to the large stock of weapons each of them carried.

"We were the only ones bright enough to make sure we're well armed. If we both go the same way, and the other team gets into trouble..."

Cromwell let Mark figure out the rest. He felt confident nobody else would figure out the answer to it.

Go with the team that Pendle is with. Even if solely because he's the only doctor Cromwell can remember the name of.

Worry not, bro! Security from Geo 2 got their own weapons. Shotguns, flashbangs, concussion grenades, combat knives, tasers. Now looking back at it Erick was most likely joking about your level of armanent. Though geologists have only knives.

Oh lookie, I accidentally forgot to say "not". Oh well.
Read up on first aid... while flying.

Flying? What drugs you are on? You are walking.

"I got some nice stuff. Wanna trade?" Micah whispers to you. Sounds like he's on something as well.

You read the guidebook scrolling through helmet HUD. It describes basic treatments for broken bones, crushed limbs, cut off limbs, broken ribs and gashes. You are so focused on reading that you follow biggest group without even noticing how half of people went somewhere else.

So the team splits in two and larger one continues to east. Tunnel doesn't change much, maybe it becomes a little shorter. Cole and Micah occasionally stop to break off a piece of rock from walls and deposit them into small boxes.

"The official reason we are exploring this cave is because it seems possible site for iron mine. We registered a fluctuation in magnetic field around here." Cole says while looking a small device he is holding.
"And looks like it's getting bit stronger in this direction. Very promising."

You stumble upon another fork in main tunnel. This time it is leading to south. Small and slow brook joins from it to the main one and Pendle spots something small swimming in the southern brook.

"I recommend we follow the main brook right up to its roots. It is much easier to return back."

Green team

"Wonderful now lets set off and hope no one gets injured it is inevitable."

Dr. Helios goes down the Northern tunnel with Briana and Eric.
Agree with Cromwell and join the other team
I read the EULA or whatever that text said. Below the red stuff. Alex is twenty-five.
see how long it would take to make my little buddy able to think.

The wolf (or rather a jackal as you did discover) you used as a base creature was already sentient. Back at Earth there was still a debate going on if wolves were sapient or not, so considering your creature has bigger brain than Earth wolves it would almost certainly be sapient. In addition of having opposable thumbs it can probably learn using tools. Kinda dangerous invention now that you think about it.

After Briana paints a mark on the left wall you all head to north. She too occasionally breaks off small pieces from the walls and explains how she will determinate its chemical composition and how all pieces combined will reveal formation of these caves. Erick laughs and makes jokes about everything, making everyone smile.

You too reach another branch. At this point air quality meter doctor Helios bought beeps indicating a change. A look into it reveals that oxygen content in air has dropped from 23.3% to 22% and carbon dioxide has dropped from 0.03% to 0.01%. The device registers very, very small amount of unkown gas.

"Ooh, interesting. Somewhere here must be going on some type of chemical reaction. We absolutely must find it!"
"Hey, maybe it is a undead sea monster?"

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Assholium Rectumas. (4/6 alive) (Studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants (Puppy: -4)
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants, mark 2 (Puppy: -6)
* Attack dog hybrid mutant, mark 3 (Puppy: Now, Adult: -1)
* Werewolf (Adult: Now)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 28, 2015, 11:51:26 am »

"Oh! There's something in the brook! I wonder if it's one of those strange ray-like creatures we found at our base site?"
Point out the thing.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 28, 2015, 12:01:42 pm »

Do research on ways of training dogs to not bite friendlies. Also grab the DNA of a grisly bear's sense of smell and shove it in there.
((Did you know a grizzly bear can smell like four weeks into the past?))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:42:42 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 28, 2015, 12:34:46 pm »

"Oh! There's something in the brook! I wonder if it's one of those strange ray-like creatures we found at our base site?"
Point out the thing.

Closer look reveals it is not. It is about size of your palm.
Spoiler: Something fishy (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 28, 2015, 12:37:08 pm »

Try to follow the group while reading the book.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 28, 2015, 02:10:06 pm »

Start wearing envirosuit, go outside.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 28, 2015, 02:13:01 pm »

You already are, for both account. As result of you shooting practice.
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 28, 2015, 06:14:26 pm »

If it is a sea monster I hope it isnt as aggresive as some of the other critters

Follow team with caution
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:39:45 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 28, 2015, 11:32:58 pm »

"I agree with Schultz, let's not cross the water until we find the end of this passage."

Mark the way back, making sure it's on the left wall like they said, then keep heading forward.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 29, 2015, 07:43:24 am »

You already are, for both account. As result of you shooting practice.
Go to the river east of the base.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 59