Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 113017 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: It's not safer!
« Reply #510 on: January 23, 2015, 03:36:24 pm »

Last thing I remember is almost dying at the rapids.Out of body experience.Cool.
Check foe confirmation, see if the guy with the head wound is me.

No foes around, only you, the doctor and the patient. The guy has quite similar body build like you, but you have never seen yourself from behind so you can't tell for sure if it's you. His face is impossible to see because it is buried into bed.

You try to touch him but your hand goes straight though him and the bed. Curious. You make use of this ghost status effect and dive under the bed and rise until you are face to face with the guy. He looks exactly like you in mirror, but more bloodied and tubes going into his mouth. All things considering he just might be you...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 23, 2015, 08:27:10 pm »

Wait in the waiting room to have a check up
On Comns
"Everyone Adam is safe in infirmary and being operated on"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 23, 2015, 10:15:16 pm »

Well.. I suppose I deserve this. Hike back to base.
"You're damn right you do! I'm starting to regret letting you out of quarantine, now."
Cromwell also began the long trek back to the base, his rifle over his shoulder.
He checked his imaginary pistol, on his imaginary holster. He must have dropped it somewhere.
"Come on everyone, stay together. I swear to god I'm going to murder all those damn bison if they come closer. Or whatever they are."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 24, 2015, 03:07:17 am »

Use my ghost-like state to explore deeper into the forest.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 24, 2015, 11:10:49 am »

I keep forgetting weather forecast... Tonight wind turns to west and tomorrow big rainstorms come from east.

Well.. I suppose I deserve this. Hike back to base.
"You're damn right you do! I'm starting to regret letting you out of quarantine, now."
Cromwell also began the long trek back to the base, his rifle over his shoulder.
He checked his imaginary pistol, on his imaginary holster. He must have dropped it somewhere.
"Come on everyone, stay together. I swear to god I'm going to murder all those damn bison if they come closer. Or whatever they are."

You two start walking back. You could have commandeered ATV from Pendle and make him sit on the trailer, but this works as well. At least you have more time to settle whose fault this exactly is.

You are back.

Begin operations on Adam. Begin introducing myself to the new doctor.

"So, you must be Dr. Helios. A pleasure to meet you. As you've likely heard, I am Dr. Pendle. Welcome to our little slice of hell."

Your view switches from helmet cameras to view from surgery room and give order to start operation. First step is to remove his scalp off his skull. Shattered pieces of skull bones are then carefully picked off and placed on tray near his skull. Doctor Helios prepares to glue them back together on a thin membrane and fills missing pieces with support gel.

Next step is to check how badly Adam's brain is damaged. Scanner reveals severe trauma on visual cortex (because of horrible roll). Neurosurgery isn't your speciality, but luckily the infirmary has complete database of all known surgery techniques available so it can handle it.

After half hour of careful operations it is time to glue his skull back together. The reconstructed piece is carefully fitted on skull and bolted in place. Finally his scalp is sewn back on. The infirmary's report concludes that Adam probably will be blind until tomorrow and should be careful what to knock with his head. He'll remain in infirmary until anesthetics wear off.

Video feed from surgery room cuts off and you find yourself looking at cursed rapids again.

Wait in the waiting room to have a check up
On Comns
"Everyone Adam is safe in infirmary and being operated on"

You wait and wait and twiddle your thumbs while Adam's operation goes on. Nobody is bothering with you at moment.

Use my ghost-like state to explore deeper into the forest.

Yup, better escape now that they began skinning you. It's not pretty to watch.

You fly through the ceiling and walls to outside and bask in sunlight for a moment, admiring the sun and wondering why it doesn't burn your retinas. Eh, who cares, the forest is more interesting. You zoom into it and weave between trees like a human plane. It's pretty fun. Animals are pretty fun too, they turn into hazy silvery spheres when you get very close, the same color your umbilical cord is.

Make peace with your gods and wash your neck, we'll leave to the caves soon regardless what expedition leader says.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3 dead) (Studied)
* Assholium Rectumas. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants (Puppy: -8)
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants, version 2 (Puppy: -10)
* Werewolf (Adult: Now)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
* Biological replacement parts for Alex's wound.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 01:51:54 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 24, 2015, 01:04:37 pm »

Get on the ATV, get back to base, double check the supplies, forget about my traps, and be tear gassed.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 24, 2015, 02:05:37 pm »

help the rest of the staff get everything prepared for the cave trip
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 24, 2015, 02:45:59 pm »

"NANOMACHINES!"
Run off to my lab.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #518 on: January 24, 2015, 03:25:21 pm »

Cool my heels at base.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 24, 2015, 07:34:12 pm »

((Hey Haveroszaur. I kinda want to see if you can mess with my puppies souls. Think about it. Try to only mess with one female per batch and no males.))
Find out what's up with the vaccine.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 24, 2015, 10:21:42 pm »

Bang my head against a wall.
Drink 4 coffees.
Get ready for the cave expedition.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 25, 2015, 03:01:53 am »

((Hey Haveroszaur. I kinda want to see if you can mess with my puppies souls. Think about it. Try to only mess with one female per batch and no males.))
((YAY!))
Go back to base, mess with female puppy souls.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 25, 2015, 10:29:48 am »

Get on the ATV, get back to base, double check the supplies, forget about my traps, and be tear gassed.

You also forgot about the electric trap which destroys cameras from your suit. Guess nobody thought about electric insulation. And you choke on the gas when you take helmet off.

help the rest of the staff get everything prepared for the cave trip

There ain't much to do, but at least you get to call dibs on your preferred bunk, carved name and all. Otherwise preparations are going on their own.

"NANOMACHINES!"
Run off to my lab.

Right... To the labs you go. Doing something mildly interesting in there.

Cool my heels at base.

Two buckets full of cold water. Feels good man.

The man who could tell more just arrived into the labs where you are. He's doing something mildly interesting.

Only change in the vaccine is that the bacteria with locked details in databases is almost completely died out. Only living thing left is that one bacteria type related to BAQ-3. Hmm, could it be adaptive mutation in response of being killed?

Bang my head against a wall.
Drink 4 coffees.
Get ready for the cave expedition.

Ok, head banging gives you bad headache, which is cured by excessive amount of coffee.
"I CAN'T WAIT!!"

((YAY!))
Go back to base, mess with female puppy souls.

Turns out those puppies don't have souls. Boring. You feel hard yank from your umbilical cord and moment later it pulls you to your body at frightening speed.

You wake up in darkness, feeling no pain. It doesn't bother you at all that you were fucked up at the rapids. It's fine, accident can happen to everyone. Nothing really bothers you. You feel like you could lay on bed forever... Hmm, it isn't totally dark here. You can see a bubble of light above you.

Aand off we go, to east where Geo2 is waiting, leaving Alex behind (not really). Do you want to hang around with Geo 2 team for a turn or two and change greetings or do you rather prefer to go right to the caves?
Also who wants to stay behind on the ship? I assume Dave D. Davidson might have more personal research projects to do.

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3 dead) (Studied)
* Assholium Rectumas. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants (Puppy: -7)
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants, version 2 (Puppy: -9)
* Werewolf (Adult: Now)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
* Biological replacement parts for Alex's wound.
Old sigs.
Games.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind
« Reply #523 on: January 25, 2015, 10:41:29 am »

Go to my mutant.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind
« Reply #524 on: January 25, 2015, 11:05:11 am »

I wish I someday remember to add everything when I need to, without having to edit posts...

Thanks to longevity treatments two generations ago average human lifespan is around 140 and still rising. 90 years old doesn't even have grey hair yet, and you can only wish retirement at age of 120.

So how old is your character? It might have effect on NPC interaction.

And reminder again in case you didn't spot it in previous post:
Aand off we go, to east where Geo2 is waiting. Do you want to hang around with Geo 2 team for a turn or two and change greetings or do you rather prefer to go right to the caves?
Also who wants to stay behind on the ship? I assume Dave D. Davidson might have more personal research projects to do.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 59