Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112720 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Alone in the forest
« Reply #150 on: December 24, 2014, 01:30:38 pm »

"Copy that, get her to base and patch her up, and keep her isolated until we know what the hell happened.
I'm heading to the scene to gather anything I can find. If she got poisoned, we're going to need what did it.
Out."
Grab my gear again, and tools to collect and store samples. Grab a vehicle and get to the scene.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 24, 2014, 02:46:27 pm »

Ah well. Start looking into how certain parts of DNA could be adapted for human use through either our own mutation or domestication.
Bird DNA or DNA from plant bacterias? And which parts you have in mind?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2014, 07:00:01 pm »

"Command I have located the target she is alive and unhurt but knocked out, what I'm worried about is she is missing her helmet so prepare an isolation chamber in the medbay"

put her helmet back on and transport her to isolation at he base along with one of the corpses for study
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2014, 07:06:48 pm »

"You guys can do whatever you want... I'm just gonna relax."
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2014, 09:50:22 am »

Ah well. Start looking into how certain parts of DNA could be adapted for human use through either our own mutation or domestication.
Bird DNA or DNA from plant bacterias? And which parts you have in mind?
Who knows? they may be stronger, more resilient or what have you than stuff we have.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2014, 11:32:10 am »

Repeat the spam to the doctor for more vaccines while being completely oblivious of anything. Now for a different technique. Take a human sample and put it ti the jar with the aquatic animal.

You spam your fellow team mate and he's starting to get angry with you. And now into more interesting experimets, namely does this aquatic creature find human flesh delicious? The answer seems to be "no" as it simply ignores everything you drop in its tank.

Repeat the spam to the doctor for more vaccines while being completely oblivious of anything. Now for a different technique. Take a human sample and put it ti the jar with the aquatic animal.
"God dammit, Guni is possibly fatally ill with unknown bacteria, could be suffering the effects of poison, could be suffering from a parasite delivered by something's bite, or could be suffering some sort of internal bleeding, if these thing's bites are strong enough, so shut up for just a few minutes."
Load Guni's body into the trailer, and ride like hell back to the base. Instruct Cromwell or Markus to try and return one of the wolf corpses.  Instruct a nurse at base to prepare a blood test for when I arrive.
"Command I have located the target she is alive and unhurt but knocked out, what I'm worried about is she is missing her helmet so prepare an isolation chamber in the medbay"

put her helmet back on and transport her to isolation at he base along with one of the corpses for study

Mark retrieves Guni's helmet and puts it back on her head, sealing the suit and solving the problem how to get her into infirmary without exposing rest of the crew for anything she's possibly infected with. Then he and Jonathan carefully lift her on the trailer and before Jonathan can take off Mark throws smaller of the two corpses on the trailer as well.

Jonathan rides back as fast he can without endangering Guni and arrives under the base without causing any additional problems. His nurse, which is basically entire robotic infirmary, is ready to do everything he wants, including blood tests.

Struggle! Don't be unconscious!

Your soul struggles to get back into control, but all in vain as your body doesn't respond to any of your demands and pleading. In other words, you remain unconscious.

"Copy that, get her to base and patch her up, and keep her isolated until we know what the hell happened.
I'm heading to the scene to gather anything I can find. If she got poisoned, we're going to need what did it.
Out."
Grab my gear again, and tools to collect and store samples. Grab a vehicle and get to the scene.

You head back to armory and ask everything back you deposited there earlier, taser, shotgun, tranq smg and netgun. In the hangar you get an ATV with trailer and load some sample containers on it. You are lowered with it down on the ground and encounter Jonathan there with similar get up, you get out and Jonathan gets in the lift and up into ship.

Trip to the scene is remarkably uneventful although the scene is not. Dead beast, blood and pieces of brains splattered around and a bug jar nearby.

"You guys can do whatever you want... I'm just gonna relax."

That's what you do, with a bottle of booze.

This is far from easy and fast. Best you can do for now is to mark down most interesting parts for later research, particlarly that part of bird DNA that gives them infrared vision. Though the sme part might also cause them grow four eyes. Not that it is very useful, since good number of Earth animals also have infrared vision.

Other thing you mark down is the part that causes their ribs fuse together into solid boneplate. It's a nice feature, but might cause short breath in humans as ribcage cannot move. There's benefits for having no gaps between ribs as then there's no space to slide a knife in.

Another thing you could study is that fish thing and those wolf-creatures who are coming in just now.

New message to all crew

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Springy grass (Partially studied)
* Soil samples (Studied) - Awaiting reaction from Geo teams.
* Seven corpses of large four eyed birds (Studied)
* Living aquatic creature in a water tank. (Barely studied)
* Corpse of black wolf-creature. (Not studied)

Let's get this first day on planet over. Night arrives in two turns and new morning and new aliens with it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 25, 2014, 11:58:42 am »

((How realistic is G-modding?))
Look at the eyes gene. Both four eyes and infrared vision are very useful.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 25, 2014, 01:03:26 pm »

((I don't know about real life genemodding, so I can't really make any proper comparisons, but altering genes of adult human won't have much effect as all physical development is already over. But for example altering gametes of adult person would cause effects to manifest on his/her offspring. I see this as most common method of g-modding, especially when it is about usefull g-mod such as heightened disease resistance. Another method, reserved for wounded, extremists, richer folk and military personel is to grow entirely new bodypart from modified stem cells in vats and then surgically replace existing one. Which is also the way you get arm if you happen to lose one.

As for your action, I'm not sure what to do with it. In last turn I mentioned that you already have those genes marked down, lets say with probability of 94%. You would get something eye related if you want to mess with human genes and grow new eyes for transplanting.))
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 25, 2014, 01:13:26 pm »

((I don't know about real life genemodding, so I can't really make any proper comparisons, but altering genes of adult human won't have much effect as all physical development is already over. But for example altering gametes of adult person would cause effects to manifest on his/her offspring. I see this as most common method of g-modding, especially when it is about useful g-mod such as heightened disease resistance. Another method, reserved for wounded, extremists, richer folk and military personnel is to grow entirely new bodypart from modified stem cells in vats and then surgically replace existing one. Which is also the way you get arm if you happen to lose one.

As for your action, I'm not sure what to do with it. In last turn I mentioned that you already have those genes marked down, lets say with probability of 94%. You would get something eye related if you want to mess with human genes and grow new eyes for transplanting.))
That is exactly what I want! I want to grow better eyes!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 25, 2014, 02:09:37 pm »

Begin blood test. While tests are being run, look over the patient for any major blunt trauma or punctures in the skin. Check for any internal bleeding. If all results are within acceptable bounds, monitor Guni's condition until awakening.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 25, 2014, 03:06:00 pm »

Study the wolf creature.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 25, 2014, 07:10:48 pm »

Get back in my flyer and head out to follow the radio signals again

"If anyone has some free time we should fly back the flyer that got left in the forrest. I'm following the radio signals again but I think I know that some predators are the source going to confirm.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 25, 2014, 07:48:31 pm »

((Am I with the group? If not I'm eavesdropping on their chat.))
"Just my two cents but you might want to try pulsing various patterns at the herd to see how it affects them."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2014, 07:58:23 pm »

((its public communication))

"thanks for the idea I'll try that"
My Sig

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2014, 09:50:12 pm »

Look for alien saliva on Guni and steal it for science.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 59