Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Cannabis Legalization Discussion  (Read 21056 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marijuana Legalization Discussion: BE CIVIL!
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2014, 08:01:50 am »

No, I don't really agree with the whole "Mild Hallucinogenic drugs are worse or should be illegal on that aspect alone".

I just know that it is a big reason why Cigarettes are legal and Marijuana isn't... and why Alcohol is legal but Absinth is often illegal.

It is a factor is all I am saying.

Unfortunatly, so far it has always been parried by our Justice minister with "EU rules won't allow us to legalize". I'm sure he can't keep that up forever though

Honestly... one HUGE factor with legalization in areas surrounded with areas of illegal substances is... Piracy.

It has been one of the major factors as to why Canada holds off on legalization while the USA is around.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2014, 08:11:50 am »

... Literal piracy, or...?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2014, 08:14:22 am »

But it's not like the aforementioned weed growing maffia doesn't already export most of what they grow to other EU countries. I don't see legalization of the growing and internal distribution making that worse.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2014, 08:28:42 am »

... Literal piracy, or...?

Its probably the wrong term... whatever moving legal substances to places where it is illegal and vise versa is called.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2014, 08:29:29 am »

Trafficking? Contraband?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2014, 08:46:36 am »

Smuggling comes to mind.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2014, 09:28:39 am »

Marijuana is a depressant, not a stimulant. People don't smoke and then go rave it up, they smoke and turn into couch potatoes for the evening.

This is a general misconception.
THC is an 'upper', not a 'downer'.
However, tobacco is a downer. If you combine weed and tobacco in a joint, and smoke that, it will indeed make you 'stoned', which does tend to turn some people into couch potatoes.
However, if you smoke or vaporize pure weed, it will not make you 'stoned', it will make you 'high'. While this is not a physical high that makes you want to jump and dance all night, it is a mental stimulant.
Something adding to that misconception would be, that a lot of people smoking their first few joints tend to pass out from not being used to it. Which can be mistaken for a depressant effect.

Uh, what? I know a lot of people who smoke tobacco and weed. I guarantee that all of them

A) wouldn't make a distinction between "high" and "stoned"
B) generally more energetic when mixing tobacco in
C) often get sleepy when smoking only pot

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2014, 09:31:34 am »

Yeah, I get sleepy when eating pot. Except at music concerts. Pot at music concerts is awesome.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2014, 09:43:28 am »

No, I don't really agree with the whole "Mild Hallucinogenic drugs are worse or should be illegal on that aspect alone".

I just know that it is a big reason why Cigarettes are legal and Marijuana isn't... and why Alcohol is legal but Absinth is often illegal.

It is a factor is all I am saying.

Isn't absinthe illegal because its effects were misunderstood and exaggerated?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2014, 09:52:14 am »

As long as its legalizing varieties that don't fuck your head like skunk weed, I'd been fine with it.

That isn't really a thing.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2014, 10:33:36 am »

Marijuana is a depressant, not a stimulant. People don't smoke and then go rave it up, they smoke and turn into couch potatoes for the evening.

This is a general misconception.
THC is an 'upper', not a 'downer'.
However, tobacco is a downer. If you combine weed and tobacco in a joint, and smoke that, it will indeed make you 'stoned', which does tend to turn some people into couch potatoes.
However, if you smoke or vaporize pure weed, it will not make you 'stoned', it will make you 'high'. While this is not a physical high that makes you want to jump and dance all night, it is a mental stimulant.
Something adding to that misconception would be, that a lot of people smoking their first few joints tend to pass out from not being used to it. Which can be mistaken for a depressant effect.

Uh, what? I know a lot of people who smoke tobacco and weed. I guarantee that all of them

A) wouldn't make a distinction between "high" and "stoned"
B) generally more energetic when mixing tobacco in
C) often get sleepy when smoking only pot
I've looked it up, and apparently it has things in common with both stimulants, depressants, and hallucinogens.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2014, 10:34:31 am »

As long as its legalizing varieties that don't fuck your head like skunk weed, I'd been fine with it.

That isn't really a thing.
It's really hard to tell the difference between scaremongering and actual facts when it comes to marijuana. Hopefully when it's legalized, a study free of government bias can be conducted.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2014, 10:43:17 am »

I don't think the facts are that vague. I assume it's already being studied in the places it's legal and we'd know about a sub-class of weeds with significant negative side effects (or whatever you're implying - enough negative effects to be worth making these strains illegal).

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2014, 10:44:23 am »

The only kind of weed that can fuck your head is laced one, and if weed is legalized and regulated that won't be a problem.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2014, 10:45:03 am »

There are plenty of shady things people do with weed that can fuck various parts of your body, but that has nothing to do with the strain.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19