Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does producing 'a' gauntlet/boot at a workshop produce a single item or a pair?  (Read 2651 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile

You are doing the right thing.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because you can never have too many socks? ;)
Just count the number of gauntlets/boots etc. you have. A normal crafting job generating stuff that is naturally used in pairs (socks, gloves, mittens, shoes, boots, gauntlets) always creates a _pair_ of them - matching left/right in the case of handwear.  So yes, you've probably produced much more gear than your dwarfs need.

In the case of metal gauntlets and boots, you can always melt down the excess. It actually gives a slight surplus of metal.

Meneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Normal jobs produce pairs. Strange Moods, however, do not.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile

Normal jobs produce pairs. Strange Moods, however, do not.

Cool, thanks to know! Guess I'll have to back-melt some stuff now, or arm a militia crew only with gauntlets and boots and send them on suicide missions.

Because you can never have too many socks? ;)
Just count the number of gauntlets/boots etc. you have. A normal crafting job generating stuff that is naturally used in pairs (socks, gloves, mittens, shoes, boots, gauntlets) always creates a _pair_ of them - matching left/right in the case of handwear.  So yes, you've probably produced much more gear than your dwarfs need.

In the case of metal gauntlets and boots, you can always melt down the excess. It actually gives a slight surplus of metal.

Count? I aint counting! I put those orders on repeat and get like, 50 of them bastards, don't got me none time to count. Psh.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what I recall, you will get (2) of the item.  But they may be of different quality levels?

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile

Count? I aint counting! I put those orders on repeat and get like, 50 of them bastards, don't got me none time to count. Psh.

My dwarf.

Counting is for the bookkeeper.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...