Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Nations of Etraxia OOC  (Read 25082 times)

theyamikami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nations of Etraxia OOC
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2015, 04:33:25 am »

I am requesting permission from the other nations to send peacekeepers into Western Rantessa, to stabilize the situation.
I mean no disrespect, but I'd rather somebody else keep the peace. Seeing as how you are a militaristic nation, I'm sure you understand that I'd rather not have you sending your troops into these lands. I propose that another nation, one less prone to violence, be the ones to send their men into Rantessa. Clearly you do not fit the bill, nor do I, but perhaps Serica could do so?

BTW Culise, worry not, your question did not offend me. It was justified and I understand. I would however appreciate more faith in the future.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2015, 08:27:17 am »

Well RPgeek, I'd have known if you tried earlier given that I've basically ran counter-ops every bloody turn :P

Also, we have no need of your faith, thus I think you ought to apologise :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2015, 09:56:45 am »

Well RPgeek, I'd have known if you tried earlier given that I've basically ran counter-ops every bloody turn :P

Also, we have no need of your faith, thus I think you ought to apologise :P
Yes you do. You get no apology, and you will continue to get no apology. I'm not sorry for what I did.

And just because you run counter-ops doesn't make them auto-successful.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2015, 10:24:47 am »

I just told you :|

@Playergamer: Go ahead.
Yes, you did, but here's the thing.  The only facts I have are that: (a) your spy was a foreign national caught conducting acts of espionage (by definition, illegal) within my country, and (b) gave me, among other things, a massive amount of information on the actual culprits.  You claim you were just there to find out what happened last turn.  I ask, why not simply ask the person to whom it happened?  Why not ask permission to assist with the investigation, as other nations did?  Why not send a single word to me at all, as other nations did?

I would love to construct the alternative possible narrative here and now, one that doesn't raise these sorts of awkward questions, but unfortunately, to do so would prejudice active intelligence operations in order to determine if the surface-level truth of the culprit holds or if the rot goes deeper.  Needless to say, however, the identity of the culprits suggests that Rakdar would have a very strong vested interest in...shall we say, arranging matters to their own benefit?  To put it bluntly, I cannot release your spy, though the breadth of information they provided me on your and their activities has permitted me to commute the usual sentence of execution for foreign spies.  Furthermore, if I find even a hint that your agents were actively working as agent provocateurs to either foment civil unrest or drag Serica into a war with its neighbors, it will reflect most poorly on any further diplomatic relations between our nations.  Though we are human, we have made no formal objection thus far to your present...domestic social arrangements, unlike some of your other neighbors, and I am by default a trusting sort.  However, if you give me cause to mistrust you, such as by conducting hidden intelligence operations under my very nose, then I will follow through on that mistrust. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:28:45 am by Culise »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2015, 01:09:42 pm »

Well, given that their orders were explicitly to find out what happened, any other action would've been considered out of the scope of the agent's mission. Furthermore, I have no intelligence data regarding Serica, just what happens to be floating around in public, hence why the spy was sent.

As for asking to assist? Well... let's be honest, given what you've said here, the investigation you've put out may've been fruitless so far. Especially since the active agents that perpetrated the act are likely wary of those assisting the Serican government which probably limited their ability to find things out about it.

Also our present social arrangements are mostly due to economic reasons. In recent talks with the dissenting humans we have told them that (Though they did get a few concessions in part)

Lastly, what would I gain by assassinating (Or attempting to) two leaders? One in a nation that doesn't border me and thus is outside my immediate concerns and the other that I'm content to leave alone given that there would be more lost than gained by even attempting to be hostile towards them.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2015, 01:43:28 pm »

The investigation was far from fruitless.  After all, the investigation was only conducted this last turn, and I mentioned nothing about it in the OOC, so that holds no water.  As well, it does not have any bearing on asking the permission of a nation before coming in and trampling on their own investigation.  The real problem here is that I have nothing save for Rakdarian word of honor suggesting that your spies were really only in my country to investigate the assassination, and frankly, the fact that you've already been confirmed to have sent spies into my nation secretly and illegally is a mark against the honor of Rakdar.  Also, the fact that you had no intelligence beyond public knowledge is also another mark suggesting that you may have sought to set up a spy ring in my country to obtain such intelligence. 

Actually, the funny part is that before I caught your spy, my assumption was that it was a domestic concern, simply because the proximate cause of the assassination came so soon before the assassination itself, putting it inside the command loop for any foreign capital to have sent orders to that effect.  It was only when you admitted outright that you had agents in Rakdar that I realized that general orders to trigger the incident could have been sent in advance, with the specific trigger left up to the agent.  Indeed, I actually don't think it was aimed at Serica at all.  If my worst-case suspicions are accurate, you didn't care about Serica, but you simply wanted to aim my nation at your actual enemies like a weapon.  Put one of your rivals in a long-term war with another equal power, and both sides would be bogged down, at which point you can hit your enemy from an entirely different direction while simultaneously professing support for Serica.  If it worked out, you'd have one enemy eliminated and absorbed, as well as a grateful ally ready to help against other rivals.  It would have been a very clever ploy.  It's not a theory I'm wedded to, as I have leads for investigation that will help further and, even if it were true, there are other nations that would also benefit from a Serican war against the people implicated in the assassination, but the fact that Rakdar is known to have spies in my nation is very suspicious. 

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2015, 03:55:08 pm »

Hold on, I haven't sent any other spies apart from the one. As for setting up a spy ring, again, it gets me nothing that I want or need, thus I have no reason to do so. And the only intelligence I wanted was the stuff I sent my agent in to recover and that's everything pertaining to the assassination attempt they could recover. There's no other spies in Serica apart from that one.

Really, you're trying to mark me as a target far too readily. And honestly I only have the one rival which I'd prefer to stomp myself thank you. Furthermore, why would I go with a hilariously complex and failure-prone plan just to get an ally?

As for your worst-case scenario, the one problem is that if I did do it, why would I out it here? Because even if I managed to talk you into believing it was someone else it would completely ruin what I had planned.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2015, 04:16:58 pm »

Forgive me if I don't take your word for it when you claim you don't have any other spies, considering you've already tried to sneak one confirmed spy into my country.  The other notion of getting you what you want or need is also accurate, but only insofar as I can see; I didn't see the need for you to sneak a spy into my country in the first place, so there plainly has already been something going on that I did not see. 

All in all, however, I'm simply outlining one possible theory.  There are plenty of other possibilities; for instance, that everything is as it seems, that another country is actually directly guilty and has covered their tracks, or that another country that is not Rakdar has set up this situation for their own benefit.  I have not ceased my investigation yet.  Since you ask, though, I can think of one reason to out yourself early - damage control.  If I knew, and could choose the time and place to demonstrate Rakdar's crimes, I could cause more damage than if you admit to it early and claim a lesser crime, one that may not turn me against you quite as harshly. 

Also, as far as hilariously complex and failure-prone plans go, we're on Bay 12.  Hilariously complex and failure-prone is kinda what we do. :P
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 04:18:41 pm by Culise »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2015, 04:44:43 pm »

That's just the one. Mostly because of all the hidden actions I didn't really know we could actually help with the investigations properly so :P

As for damage control, I may be doing that, but for a less severe thing (Namely, my spy being caught). Though hilariously enough, I think I've got a similar situation on my hands, just it was someone else being naughty instead of me.

EDIT: Also, for hilariously complex and failure-prone plans, I'd rather achieve a bit more out of it compared to what you suggested XD

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2015, 04:33:13 am »

I am requesting permission from the other nations to send peacekeepers into Western Rantessa, to stabilize the situation.

I accept, on the condition that Narsis may join your expedition. Details in PM.

Also: How are our embassies in Rantassa doing?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 04:35:04 am by Evil Marahadja »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2015, 05:06:23 am »

Also: How are our embassies in Rantassa doing?

All trashed by one side or another.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 07, 2015, 08:04:25 am »

Narsis offers to train mages from nations where she has exchanged embassies with in exchange for magical artifacs or goods, large summs of wealth is also acceptable. This has already been done with great sucess with mages from Avezol.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:36:27 am by Evil Marahadja »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2015, 05:29:02 pm »

Psssht

Permission
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2015, 07:58:11 pm »

Keep talking like that and I'm gonna have to start giving you marble statues RP :P

Also DBTM, you forgot to put my advisor down on my sheet.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2015, 08:32:19 pm »

Keep talking like that and I'm gonna have to start giving you marble statues RP :P

Also DBTM, you forgot to put my advisor down on my sheet.

...Is that an innuendo? I'm confused.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27