Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: Nations of Etraxia OOC  (Read 25064 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nations of Etraxia OOC
« Reply #225 on: January 22, 2015, 11:54:03 pm »

...You've set the pace for the game with the update time. I'm not accusing you, I'm just saying it takes quite a bit of time to regain momentum and enthusiasm for a game.

I did state that I wouldn't be able to post for a while due to Winter break; it's kind of hard to post when you're away from home for 10 days. The pace is set to roughly a week for you to post and a couple weeks to reply; I'm certainly willing to wait longer, but I'd rather not wait too long to simply get responses.

Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2015, 12:44:11 am »

...You've set the pace for the game with the update time. I'm not accusing you, I'm just saying it takes quite a bit of time to regain momentum and enthusiasm for a game.

Well, it takes a whole lot more time to process a turn than to post one as a player (I assume), so that is a silly excuse. I mean, it only takes 20 or so mintes to post a turn.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2015, 12:51:18 am »

Well, it takes a whole lot more time to process a turn than to post one as a player (I assume), so that is a silly excuse. I mean, it only takes 20 or so mintes to post a turn.

20 minutes.

Right.

That's how long I've been taking for espionage and diplomacy...>.> <.< I'M NOT HIDING ANYTHING HUSH
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2015, 09:56:04 am »

Indeed.  When I last ran this sort of game on my own, I had a bit more in the way of players and a bit less in the way of hard stats, but I would devote 2-3 days to running all of the turns and making sure everything lined up properly, at a minimum.  That's part of the reason I can understand why he was pushing for the players to post up turns relatively early, so that it can be spaced out and the update can come earlier.  Problem is that in this sort of game, diplomacy also takes time, which means players need to push back their own finalized turns as well. 

Mind you, when I last ran this sort of game on my own, I also went through an acute burn-out, crashed hard, and vanished from the entire forum in the aftermath, which is part of the reason I don't run games anymore, so...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2015, 02:34:43 pm »

And turn and I still feel like I'm faffing about with too many actions even though I'm still not sure how to actually go about improving my country's base for economic things and the like. Even if I am the third most prosperous country.

Third isn't good enough.

Also, gotta say, really wish I could find some way to indirectly trade with Rakdar so I could get that Marble without being a hypocrite.

Marble...so nice for building temples with....*slavers*

On the other hand I also really want to keep that Stone I'm getting but simultaneously want to be able to use those Gems in an actual money-producing trade route. Hmm. Maybe if Rantessa got some more trade goods(it's seriously weird the trading country has fewer trade routes than the production one), and Dunik wanted Horses instead of Gems....
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2015, 04:57:40 pm »

Well, with your turn up RP I think I can get to work on mine.

Also, one correction, Rakdar isn't a slaver nation, as most of the human population are serfs or burghers. The humans have some semblance of legal rights, even if they're not upheld commonly :P
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:02:02 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2015, 08:18:04 pm »

...What's that supposed to mean?

Why would you have to wait for my turn to do yours?

I'm fairly sure you don't have spies in my country, so I'm pretty sure you can't look at my turns...

...Also, 'liberate' ala French Revolution or American Revolution sense of the word. Also, serfdom is essentially a form of slavery. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2015, 08:36:50 pm »

Yeah, but this one's done more out of economic necessity. Besides, I had a chat to some of the buggers stirring up unrest over it, so that'll start winding down on the condition that their yields start increasing.

Also, I said I thought I could. Turns out one of the players I'm doing a bit of diplomacy with hasn't been on for a few days so I'm out of luck there :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 28, 2015, 12:32:11 pm »

Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

theyamikami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 28, 2015, 09:02:20 pm »

For DBTM only, sorry Evil
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 28, 2015, 09:11:47 pm »

Really.

In the OOC thread?

Really?

Wow.

If it's OOC, at the very least, or if it's not directed to the GM alone, could you use PMs? It helps reduce clutter, and to be frank it's just rude to post OOC stuff publicly like that and say 'oh no you can't look!' unless you're the GM. >.> And even then when it's OOC...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2015, 11:31:56 pm »

Sorry, I set a precedent for it on the last page.  I felt it was a bit easier than PMs to do it in the thread, and easier to keep and reference later if need be. 

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2015, 11:47:29 pm »

That was an appropriate use of it, as it was to the GM only, and concerned mix-ups that you don't want anyone to see.

However. It is still rather ugly and quoting a spoiler is also rather useless if it's the post immediately previous...but anyway. It can be easier(though I just sort my PMs by conversation which helps), but most of all; it's a much larger temptation to look at the spoiler when it's OOC and I don't have spoilers of my own to open and look at.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2015, 11:49:18 pm »

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2015, 11:54:21 pm »

>.> Kind of you but not the point; if it's like that for me it's like that for someone else, you can be sure.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27