Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Nations of Etraxia OOC  (Read 25042 times)

TerranianWolf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Nations of Etraxia OOC
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2014, 03:15:38 am »

I'm just going to say that I love how the eco-friendly nation and forest area is the green nation.

This is going to be interesting.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2014, 03:29:23 am »

Edit: What is the difference between income cost and resources cost? Why are mages the only unit with a income cost?

Other units have an income cost, but they all cost the same amount of money (think of that as paying your soldiers).

Income cost is the amount of money you have to pay for soldiers.
Resource cost is the amount of resources you have to pay for soldiers.

Mages cost no resources (they are mages; no armor or weapons) but high income cost (they are more expensive).
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2014, 03:58:08 am »

Edit: What is the difference between income cost and resources cost? Why are mages the only unit with a income cost?

Other units have an income cost, but they all cost the same amount of money (think of that as paying your soldiers).

Income cost is the amount of money you have to pay for soldiers.
Resource cost is the amount of resources you have to pay for soldiers.

Mages cost no resources (they are mages; no armor or weapons) but high income cost (they are more expensive).

Thanks for the clarifications. Does that mean that a light-infantery receive as much salary as a full armoured knight?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2014, 04:51:56 am »

Thanks for the clarifications. Does that mean that a light-infantery receive as much salary as a full armoured knight?

Mechanically, yes. However, it is assumed that all nations have their own ranking and payment systems, and that is simply too complex to be represented using a non-computed method. Remember, equipment type does not represent rank or skill - just equipment (though it can certainly correlate - better soldiers tend to get better gear).

InstantHax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2014, 12:14:49 pm »

Even though I didn't get accepted into the rp, I have a idea that might make the rp more enjoyable for you guus. My idea is that you guys should add some natural resources to the world map. For example, you could add in a forest in Terrainan's land that gives his nation special bonuses. Also the forest should allow Terrainan to get more trade partners because he possesse the natural resource that people want.

This might make the rp more enjoyable because people can fight over these natural resouces for their benfits and trade possibilities.

Just my 2 cents :3
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:17:25 pm by InstantHax »
No hacks here...........just move along :3

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2014, 12:18:03 pm »

Even though I'm not in the rp, I have a idea that might make the rp more enjoyable. My idea is that you guys should add some natural resources to the world map. For example, you could add in a forest in Terrainan's land that gives his nation special bonuses. Also the forest should allow Terrainan to get more trade partners because he possesse the natural resource that people want.

This might make the rp more enjoyable because people can fight over these natural resouces for their benfits and trade possibilities.

Just my 2 cents :)

Uhhhh?

OK, 2 things: there are already trade goods, and I am NOT drawing in terrain; my artistic skills are simply not good enough. There obviously IS terrain, but that's going to be more of a "There's like forest over here. And stuff."

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2014, 05:02:57 pm »

Alright, all the maps have been uploaded. Working on getting all the starting nation information done; already have a basic outline of everybody's starting situation, just have to calculate stuff now. Won't be done today, but should be done before Thanksgiving (if we're lucky).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:24:03 pm by DontBanTheMan »

InstantHax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2014, 08:18:04 pm »

Was gonna suggest that I knew a couple of people who could do computer art for the map but you finished the map already so never mind.
No hacks here...........just move along :3

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2014, 08:28:52 pm »

Alright, the first turn has been posted. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions, or if I made any mistakes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2014, 09:55:30 pm »

Hmm, I have to ask, are we allowed to look at another's actions in the thread?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2014, 09:56:49 pm »

Hmm, I have to ask, are we allowed to look at another's actions in the thread?

I'm going to rule that if it's in Spoilers, no; unless they state somewhere outside the spoiler that it is a public action. If it's not in spoilers, go crazy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2014, 09:58:41 pm »

Okay, thanks for clarifying on that.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2014, 12:16:03 am »

When you have a chance, could you expand on how trade, trade routes and resources work?

A few questions I can think of:
- If I have a resource, can I trade that resource with as many interested nations as I want?
- How unilateral is trade? Can I declare as an action that I start a trade route with a certain nation, or should that be handled in a trade treaty?
- Is there a hard limit on # of trade routes?
- Do players have to have a land border to allow trade? Does having a nation allow sea trade to occur, or does more research need to take place?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2014, 12:36:53 am »

- If I have a resource, can I trade that resource with as many interested nations as I want?
Trade goods grant a passive income boost to all trade agreements; if you wish to use it or trade it away, it can grant specific bonuses (copper/bronze will make bronze-age units cheaper, gold and gems will improve public order, stone will decrease the cost of building, etc.)
By default, you will passively trade it; if you wish to use it for a specific purpose (either to trade it away or for a bonus; name what bonus you're aiming at - some trade goods have multiple bonuses they can get you; EX: Coffee can be supplied to the lower classes to increase productivity, or supplied to the upper classes to increase research and rate of advisers), make sure to state it and I will add it to your modifiers.

- How unilateral is trade? Can I declare as an action that I start a trade route with a certain nation, or should that be handled in a trade treaty?
Both nations must agree to a trade agreement, unless it is forced (if you start a trade route without the other nation's agreement, either secretly [selling to the underworld] or as a peace deal, you will receive bonus econ, and they will receive either none or negative econ).

- Is there a hard limit on # of trade routes?
Two for non-trade nations. After this, it will begin to cost diplomatic power per turn. You have an additional max trade route before the penalty as a trade nation. National ideas, advisers, and infrastructure can all increase this max.

- Do players have to have a land border to allow trade? Does having a nation allow sea trade to occur, or does more research need to take place?
If each player has a coastal city, no land border is required. Also, if you both have a trade agreement with a nation between you, you can form a trade agreement with each other, port or no. Sea trade tends to be horribly inefficient (think 1/3 efficiency) until Sailing and more advanced research is gotten.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:40:43 am by DontBanTheMan »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2014, 12:42:16 am »

I take it different resources would be worth different amounts in total?

Also, for the purposes of trade agreements, it would probably be best if everyone did reveal the resources that they got for those purposes?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27