Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: (TSG) Reclaim a Wizard's Tower!  (Read 23134 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Reclaim a Wizard's Tower!
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2014, 08:25:34 pm »

Does a rabbit count as sentient?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2014, 09:00:59 pm »

Rabbits are sentient beings in real life, but in game sentient probably refers to dwarf fortress sentients: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Dwarf#Ethics Dwarves will not butcher creatures with the sentient tag (elves, kolbolds, humans, goblins, animal men). Killing a worker would be really demoralizing in my opinion and the other game NPCs would probably freak out.

Edit: See everyone's posts on how there is indeed a ridiculousness amount of unknowns to who is the most guilty I think we should warn both of them, return things to the status quo (give grog back), and not heal any of them. Whether to solve it with brain scanning, if it is non-invasive and completely safe we should do it, but I'm afriad if it is dangerous and we get a bad omega magic roll:
What you find is not terribly impressive. Marelflare is almost completely lacking in ambition, and although she is clearly very bright, also seems a bit deficient in the common sense and free will departments. You know enough about imps to know that most of them are flowing over with mischievous energy, so you suspect that Jorgen must have used ego magic to mold her into a better apprentice. Or one of his students; If Mareflare is the victim of a mind tinkerer, who ever worked the spell was unsubtle and clumbsy enough to cause a good bit of collateral damage.
We'll get brain damage people.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:10:02 pm by StrawBarrel »
Max avatar size is 80x80

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2014, 10:25:21 pm »

I would presume that between calling whoever may have done it "unsubtle and clumsy" and saying they were probably an apprentice, plus that they were likely actively shaping the personality, that's an indication that a Master Ego Mage just doing a bit of mindreading probably won't have the same effect.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2014, 10:43:36 pm »

Can't wait for the next update.

Ending a trial, seeing what our friends discover, teach an imp about Omega magic, and if i may add one more thing: Research also a blueprint for a sickness attack.

Basically something that would make the target so woozy that they fall all over themselves and would allow for easy capture. Then we can use our capture to be sneak in and sacrificed to get rid of that shrine.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2014, 10:45:38 pm »

Again, we don't need to do that, we have the silk trolls. Given that they'd willingly die for our whims, it's the safest option especially compared to the repercussions of kidnapping and murder.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2014, 12:09:53 am »

Again, we don't need to do that, we have the silk trolls. Given that they'd willingly die for our whims, it's the safest option especially compared to the repercussions of kidnapping and murder.

How do we get more silk trolls?They're by far the most loyal soldiers we have.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2014, 02:16:54 am »

(Still not feeling a consensus on the Grog Situation. Arguements are made for Dropping the Matter, Punishing Malfang, and using magic to dick around and find the truth. Tomorrow is my completely busy day, so I'll just do some good old fashion vote counting and put out an update Friday. To stop this from getting too stale in the meantime, I'll give you all an infodump.)

How do we get more silk trolls?They're by far the most loyal soldiers we have.

Silk Trolls will breed in the traditional manner if paired off and directed to do so by a Rider. They grow fast - a silk troll pregnancy is 3 months long, and they reach full physical maturity at 4-5 years of age. Drider commoners, who wander the underworld without the connection of a brood, often breed a themselves a Rage of 3-9 trolls per family this way.

When a large brood such as yours pools its resources, however, Silk Trolls can be mass produced, and you are familiar with the process. The Troll Loom is a narrow silk structure, about five stories tall, that is often buried in the ground or hung from a cliff. When staffed with a breeding pair of Silk Trolls, and a couple bio and ego mages, it can output about a dozen fully grown trolls a day, each with a skill set similar to that of the parent it shares a gender with. The Troll Printer is an even more efficient take on the concept; by incorporating a brewer and an alchemist into the process it can produce fifty to seventy trolls in a single shift. You have spent bits of your youth working in and observing your mother's Troll facilities, and could easily find plans for either building by checking your old notes and diaries. Such a plan, however, would be a long-term one, as you would need quite the infrastructure to support such an operation.

You know of a potential middle ground between the relatively slow natural breeding, and resource intensive Drider Facilities. The Clay Kingdom, a Drugar civilization that is part of the enemy Deep Forces, use a facility called a Beast Oven to replicate Ogres, Trolls, and other deep monsters using only an enchanter, a bio mage, and a whole lot of clay. You are fairly sure you could fit a Beast Oven on a single floor of your tower, but you have a hard time remembering specifics beyond that. Your library likely has the information you need.

...Of course, you could always ask other Driders to hook you up. Your mother is presently, to the best of your knowledge, still tied up in the Defense of the Silver Coasts, and it would take well over a year to make a round trip with the intent to visit her. That said, your brood is large, and have cast their webs wide - some of your kin might know where to find a brother or sister peddling trolls a little closer to home. Furthermore, yours is not the only Brood to defect... but you would have to deal carefully with Drider Strangers, as the politics of sex, marriage, and succession among your kind can get complicated and deadly fast.

Also do some research on the gods Fingers mentioned.

Your library doesn't have much on the divine, or the profane for that matter, but you know enough about the Demonic Pantheon to grasp the basics of each, and could indeed see some potential in earning the favor of either.

The Prime Succubus is a corrupter and tinkerer of bodies, minds, and souls. She uses temptation, offers of both worldly pleasure and great power, to ensnare her victims and test subjects. Although the subterranean races don't lump mages into schools as the surface council does, you know most of her devout followers practice what would be considered Ego, Bio, and/or Omega magic... which are coincidentally areas in which you are rather proficient; You might be able to gain knowledge in your fields of study, or other relevant boons, unavailable to other surface mages by worshiping her. One of your apprentices is a half blooded Sucubus himself, and that could work to your advantage, perhaps to a great degree, if you choose to work with the Lustmother.

Quizoloph is a high demon lord who favors those who torment or destroy others using wit, genius, or fineness. The webs, climbing ability, and venom of your kind grant your kind an advantage over other races in his eyes, and this is no coincidence. The First Brood Mother was said to be a Drowish follower of his who managed to creatively kill off the entirety of her highborn family to seize power for herself; Quizolph rewarded her act with silk, fangs, and extra limbs, and took her as a concubine so that she would never have to fear the same fate as her family - her children would revere her as an untouchable part of their pantheon. Aside from the ancestry connection, Quizolph worship might also suit your cause because he grants his followers translocation powers, abilities that move things between locations on the same plane, which are almost unheard of without divine help. Such powers might aid you in dealing with the remoteness of your location.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2014, 06:48:42 am »

How does the soul trap work? Do we have to be there or can we just check them now and then?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2014, 11:00:49 am »

Setting up a basic voiting structure to help GM. I won't be counting too hard but your all welcomed to help me help Weirdsound.

Drop the issue:

Punish Malfang:

Use magic in some way:

Punish someone else?:

Bold your decisions and make sure they are final to help the process.

Mines will be drop the issue.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2014, 12:27:13 pm »

Magic to find the truth. Failing that, just drop the matter
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2014, 01:11:26 pm »

Magic to find the truth. Failing that, just drop the matter
+1

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2014, 06:10:06 pm »

15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2014, 06:39:40 pm »

Also, maybe move the altar to a more secluded location? It'd be nice to sacrifice humans ungrateful bastards and people who mean us harm to a Demon High Lord or Succubus.

Personally i like the succubus because it would mean us being able to mesmerize our enemies to swallow their own swords.

((No pun intended))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:45:41 pm by 3man75 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2014, 06:42:51 pm »

I'd say just remove it, and toss it to the empire's priests for them to do whatever they want with it. Would give us some recognition and help our relations to the empire .
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2014, 06:46:51 pm »

I'd say just remove it, and toss it to the empire's priests for them to do whatever they want with it. Would give us some recognition and help our relations to the empire .

They already don't like us and just want our silks. In the words of magneto we must fight back against their oppression. Besides POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13