Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258484 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2040 on: January 13, 2015, 09:53:59 pm »

Considering its general level of competence, that wouldn't be surprising.

This just in:  massive incompetence sufficient to stop Russian army.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: January 13, 2015, 10:02:07 pm »

You mean that Putin was somehow incompetent when he pushed for the Minsk agreements that have prevented the rebel militia from advancing?

Or are you implying that the guys Kyiv is fighting in Donbass are somehow the Russian army and that they were somehow ever inteding to take the fight out of their territory?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: January 13, 2015, 10:06:00 pm »

Common, In Knit Tie's world there are no Russian soldiers involved and that is humanitarian aid:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ukrainian army does have many problems, especially in high command, but shelling own checkpoint in a calm area of the front is out of the question.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: January 13, 2015, 10:11:55 pm »

There are Russian soldiers involved, but they are not fighting 99.9% of the time, instead providing training and advice for the Novorossiyan army, like the American soldiers do for the Ukrainian army. 

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: January 13, 2015, 10:18:06 pm »

like the American soldiers do for the Ukrainian army. 
*doublefacepalm*
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: January 13, 2015, 10:18:34 pm »

It's true, I'm afraid. They aren't providing troops to fight like Russia is, but "assistance" is being given.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/22/pentagon-team-dispatched-to-ukraine-amid-crisis-wi/?page=all
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: January 13, 2015, 10:29:01 pm »

And the amount of fighting the Russian soldiers have been doing is grossly exagerrated, anyway. It happened only during the beginning of the Donbass rebellion, when the rebels were all horribly disorganised and squabbling, and was limited to a few skirmishes to halt the advance of the Ukrainian troops. All the positional fighting since the Minsk agreements has been done by the Novorossiyans only, with the Russian "voentorg" providing advice, training, supplies (including uniforms, so Russian uniforms do not Russian soldiers make) and intelligence.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:32:05 pm by Knit tie »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: January 14, 2015, 01:28:20 am »

It's true, I'm afraid. They aren't providing troops to fight like Russia is, but "assistance" is being given.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/22/pentagon-team-dispatched-to-ukraine-amid-crisis-wi/?page=all

From that article, it's not even trainers, it's a bunch of consultants in suits. If anything, I'd put that down as supporting the rebels.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: January 14, 2015, 04:42:10 am »

Hence why this entire situation is so resembling of the Russo-Finnish war.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: January 14, 2015, 04:45:19 am »

Hence why this entire situation is so resembling of the Russo-Finnish war.

No it doesn't, not one of them.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: January 14, 2015, 05:01:48 am »

You are right, I suppose. I just wanted to draw attention to how, in this war, one of the sides managed to completely squander an overwhelming advantage in men and materiel due to poor leadership and organisation, just like the USSR did back then.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: January 14, 2015, 05:06:17 am »

Common, In Knit Tie's world there are no Russian soldiers involved and that is humanitarian aid:

Ukrainian army does have many problems, especially in high command, but shelling own checkpoint in a calm area of the front is out of the question.
Yeah, that's why it was an Ukrainian mine accidentally exploding on a bus.

Because a GRAD hit 1) would have done much more damage and 2) would not leave this:
lying on the floor inside.

This mine was probably older than the Ukraine was; and accidental explosions happen, when things are that old.

But of course since Poroshenko has already named who did that half a day after the incident, there won't be any actual, you know, nvestigation, or, god forbid, a ballistic expertise, because the criminal has already been named, and this have already been used to hurry up the 4th mobilization wave.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: January 14, 2015, 05:12:53 am »

Why would you have a claymore mine facing your checkpoint?

They are announcing an investigation though.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: January 14, 2015, 05:31:40 am »

It was on the front-lines back in August, I guess the mines were installed back then.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:42:35 am by Sergarr »
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: January 14, 2015, 06:44:16 am »

[/spoiler]

Oh, Russian fakes are funny. Here is the size of shrapnel from inside the mine.
Compare that with the photo from the bus. That reminds me the few km long fighter jet.

This cylinder looks way more like a cylinder from a GRAD shell or it may be some random metal scrap
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 220