Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258483 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2010 on: January 13, 2015, 08:02:19 am »

Well, it seems to be about politics more than economics. Anyway, according to the Russian constitution, who should succeed Putin if he had an accident and suddenly died?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: January 13, 2015, 08:04:27 am »

I'm guessing his VP? That's how we do it, or maybe the PM. Although I don't recall him having a VP.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: January 13, 2015, 08:05:43 am »

Medvedev, most likely.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: January 13, 2015, 08:07:10 am »

What's your opinion on Medvedev Knit Tie? Seen from the West, he seemed, well, less abrasive than Putin, but otherwise a faithful little puppet.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: January 13, 2015, 08:10:05 am »

That is true, but the ladies' nether regions rarely have the temperature of a Siberian winter. If you're trying to insert your phallus in something freezing, you're doing it wrong.
You don't know Canadian women, then. ;)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: January 13, 2015, 08:20:17 am »

I wonder what will happen when Putin dies or leaves office. Will whoever succeeds him keep throwing money at Chechnya amd Dagestan and the North Caucasus or will they stop it to cope with the economic depression Russia will be gripped with by then?

To throw money anyone who succeeds him needs money. I think it all depends on future oil prices. With them being as low as now the North Caucasus will get independent. It is only the matter of time.

I am pessimistic and think oil prices will not remain low for a long time but if anyone would say me few moth back that Oil will cost $45 per barrel I would never believe.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: January 13, 2015, 10:29:08 am »

Kim Jong Un accepted Russian invitation to celebrate the victory in WWII and will pay us a visit.

It's not for sure, though. Article says that the info came from South Korean sources, Russian embassy in Pyongyang doesn't confirm yet.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: January 13, 2015, 11:03:44 am »

Ukrainian propaganda piece titled 'Cyborgs vs Kremlin.' I dunno where else this would go, so I'll just leave it here.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: January 13, 2015, 11:14:07 am »

What's your opinion on Medvedev Knit Tie? Seen from the West, he seemed, well, less abrasive than Putin, but otherwise a faithful little puppet.
His foreign policy after the war in South Ossetia was generally pro-American - not entirely submissive like Yeltsin's policy but still quiet different from Putin. For example, when NATO begun its air campaign against Libya, Medvedev and Putin had completely opposite views on the issue - Medvedev supported the bombings, Putin opposed them. Russia abstained from vetoing American UNSC resolutions on Libya because of Medvedev.
Medvedev's policies were suspiciously different for a puppet.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: January 13, 2015, 11:19:12 am »

._.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: January 13, 2015, 11:22:37 am »

Well, Medvedev didn't mess all the things up while he was in office. He's kind of capable of being president, methinks.

I don't quite understand why he renamed police into... well, police. He had an idea of reasserting the professional capabilities of its workers, I understand that, but there was no need to change a name and waste money on remaking all the related things.

Ukrainian propaganda piece titled 'Cyborgs vs Kremlin.' I dunno where else this would go, so I'll just leave it here.
I can't see what is it, but it looks like a spaceship carcass crashed into earth.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:28:29 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: January 13, 2015, 11:24:53 am »

It's the tower of Donetsk airport.

His foreign policy after the war in South Ossetia was generally pro-American - not entirely submissive like Yeltsin's policy but still quiet different from Putin. For example, when NATO begun its air campaign against Libya, Medvedev and Putin had completely opposite views on the issue - Medvedev supported the bombings, Putin opposed them. Russia abstained from vetoing American UNSC resolutions on Libya because of Medvedev.
Medvedev's policies were suspiciously different for a puppet.
So assassinating Putin to get Medvedev into power would yield desirable results? *rubs hands*
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: January 13, 2015, 11:27:45 am »

So assassinating Putin to get Medvedev into power would yield desirable results? *rubs hands*

Spoiler: Fool! (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: January 13, 2015, 11:29:16 am »

I can't see what is it, but it looks like a spaceship crashed into earth.
[/quote]
It's that famous airport tower with Ukrainian flag on it.

Well, it was a tower *snicker* now it's just a pile of rubble.

it also was a symbol of ukrainian resistance

i wonder what structure they'll choose next to symbolize it
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: January 13, 2015, 11:32:04 am »

If they're smart, they'll choose the Kremlin. Then bam, Russia will shoot itself. This plan cannot fail.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 220