Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258455 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #1665 on: January 09, 2015, 07:30:26 am »

EDIT: I took a look at the youtube channel that made the video that UR is linking, it's a bit vacuous and platitudinous, but here's a video of most Russians in Moscow being willing to help Ukrainian refugees.
Note the usual inter-ethnic shitflinging between Ukrainians and Russians in the comment section.
Show me a youtube video without shitflinging of some sort in the comments and I'll wash your car for a year.

thing is, you need to buy me a car first

i have no real need for one but be my guest
Do you use public transport instead?
Apparently if you have a "sex disorder", that's the only mode of transportation available to you in Russia now. Is this real?

I... would take that with several grains of salt as that sounds too ridiculous.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 09, 2015, 07:35:35 am »

Saw it in a German newspaper as well. Didn't read the article though, just noted the headline.
Also, look at 65.5, Knit: It doesn't just apply to those weird creeps, but to us regular creeps, too!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 09, 2015, 07:39:05 am »

Seriously, why is Russia so hated for its infringement of LGBT rights when it doesn't even ban homosexualism, unlike several of the United fucking States of freedom-shitting America?

Oh yeah, Washington propaganda.

EDIT: This was a joke. Just so you know.

Seriously, though, I think this LGBT craze around Russia is getting rather ridiculous. If stuff like this happened somewhere in Europe, nobody would've paid attention to it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:47:43 am by Knit tie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 09, 2015, 07:41:59 am »

Seriously, why is Russia so hated for its infringement of LGBT rights when it doesn't even ban homosexualism, unlike several of the United fucking States of freedom-shitting America?

I know some states don't have homosexual marriage legal, but outright banning homosexuality? Nope.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 09, 2015, 07:43:03 am »

Come on, man. Don't drop your hatred on them - it's rather useless. Just think of a title "worst country for gays" as of a badge of honor.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 09, 2015, 07:47:10 am »

Come on, man. Don't drop your hatred on them - it's rather useless. Just think of a title "worst country for gays" as of a badge of honor.
But gays are people too!

Besides, I don't live in Saudi Arabia.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:51:35 am by Knit tie »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 09, 2015, 07:50:04 am »

But gays are people too!

No doubt. They just aren't welcome.

I think we discussed it somewhere here, in this very thread. As long as they keep it to themselves and aren't marching on gay pride parades, they're fine. The only way they proliferate is that tolerance thing everyone is so exited about.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:51:55 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 09, 2015, 07:50:44 am »

But gays are people too!

Tell Putin and his friends that, not us.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 09, 2015, 07:52:02 am »

But gays are people too!

I think we discussed it somewhere here, in this very thread. As long as they keep it to themselves and aren't marching on gay pride parades, they're fine.
They can go on parades, too, but they have to not dress as fucking clowns.

I hate clowns.
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 09, 2015, 07:53:14 am »

But gays are people too!

Tell Putin and his friends that, not us.
You took everything I've just said seriously, didn't you?

In all seriousness, Putin, if we judge by the official laws he passed, is much more tolerant towards LGBT people than the majority of Russia's population, as there are no legal reprecussions whatsoever for homo/trans/whateversexuality in Russia, even the infamous "gay propaganda law" has nothing to do with actual LGBT people. Most of the conservatism comes from the people themselves.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:57:01 am by Knit tie »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 09, 2015, 07:53:58 am »

It still sounds too flamy to me.
However, as I see it, the reason why the so-called "criticism" toward Russia is so scathing and full of hatred is this - the dislike of the infringement of LGBT people (actual or made-up - it doesn't matter) is combined with the endemic dislike of Russian culture, mentality and way of life present in the West, which is caused by vast contradictions between Russian and Western mentalities and ways of life. These two factors combine and drive the anti-Russian sentiment high. It's a little bit like mechanical resonance.
Not even Saudi Arabia is disliked as much as Russia in regards to LGBT issues.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:56:49 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 09, 2015, 07:56:42 am »

But gays are people too!
I think we discussed it somewhere here, in this very thread. As long as they keep it to themselves and aren't marching on gay pride parades, they're fine.
They can go on parades, too, but they have to not dress as fucking clowns.
I hate clowns.

Probably. I don't really care enough about gay people to actively persist on any point in the whole discussion about them. Live and let live, all that.
Sigs

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 09, 2015, 08:05:07 am »

However, as I see it, the reason why the so-called "criticism" toward Russia is so scathing and full of hatred is this - the dislike of the infringement of LGBT people (actual or made-up - it doesn't matter) is combined with the endemic dislike of Russian culture, mentality and way of life present in the West, which is caused by vast contradictions between Russian and Western mentalities and ways of life. These two factors combine and drive the anti-Russian sentiment high. It's a little bit like mechanical resonance.
Not even Saudi Arabia is disliked as much as Russia in regards to LGBT issues.

Besides if you scroll down to the American politics thread, progressive thread, ISIS thread etc. you can read plenty of criticism of the US. Were as we only have 1 or 2 threads for heaping shit on Russia

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 09, 2015, 08:07:42 am »

The moral of the story is: no country is perfect. Most are far from perfect.
Sigs

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 09, 2015, 08:08:11 am »

Besides if you scroll down to the American politics thread, progressive thread, ISIS thread etc. you can read plenty of criticism of the US. Were as we only have 1 or 2 threads for heaping shit on Russia
Hence why this was a joke.

You are right, in retrospect, this was a very stupid thing for me to write.

Anyway, how about an old Russian joke to help lighten up the mood?

Spoiler: joke (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 08:21:29 am by Knit tie »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 220