Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258399 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #1650 on: January 07, 2015, 08:38:32 am »

EDIT: I took a look at the youtube channel that made the video that UR is linking, it's a bit vacuous and platitudinous, but here's a video of most Russians in Moscow being willing to help Ukrainian refugees.
Note the usual inter-ethnic shitflinging between Ukrainians and Russians in the comment section.
Show me a youtube video without shitflinging of some sort in the comments and I'll wash your car for a year.

thing is, you need to buy me a car first

i have no real need for one but be my guest
Do you use public transport instead?

the public transport network where i am is rather robust, so yes

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 07, 2015, 03:25:56 pm »

EDIT: I took a look at the youtube channel that made the video that UR is linking, it's a bit vacuous and platitudinous, but here's a video of most Russians in Moscow being willing to help Ukrainian refugees.
Note the usual inter-ethnic shitflinging between Ukrainians and Russians in the comment section.
Show me a youtube video without shitflinging of some sort in the comments and I'll wash your car for a year.
I generally use these vehicles to get around town, so I wouldn't need your services anyway.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:30:26 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 09, 2015, 04:36:54 am »

Pro-Russian article time. Readers are welcome to disregard the rather partisan-ish commentary and read just the links themselves, although some of them are equally politically charged.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:43:57 am by Knit tie »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 09, 2015, 06:35:19 am »

Two articles about Russia's army and the war in Ukraine.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 09, 2015, 07:01:34 am »

Two articles about Russia's army and the war in Ukraine.
Well I can already say that these articles should be taken with as much salt as the article I've posted, to remove the smell of political bias.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 09, 2015, 07:03:44 am »

Bias in what direction? They seemed fairly technical to me, not concerning themselves with the ethics and greater politics of the Crimean occupation.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 09, 2015, 07:08:37 am »

Helgoland, don't you know that reality is biased against Russia?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 09, 2015, 07:13:55 am »

Bias in what direction? They seemed fairly technical to me, not concerning themselves with the ethics and greater politics of the Crimean occupation.
Well I didn't say that the articles were strongly biased, they are indeed mostly technical and not political, with only an occasional charged sentence and couple of minor anti-Russian ideas. Hence, I compared them with the article I've posted, which contains some emotional language but deals mostly with facts as well.

Overall, an excellent read, thank you, Helgo.

Helgoland, don't you know that reality is biased against Russia?
I bet the Crusaders thought that the reality is biased against the Saracens as well.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:16:46 am by Knit tie »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 09, 2015, 07:15:49 am »

Sorry Knit Tie, meant that as a joke, I should have put a smiley there.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 09, 2015, 07:19:35 am »

That was an actual relief for me personally. I like it how people can joke not being bitter even when discussing such things as politics here, on bay12.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:10:45 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 09, 2015, 07:19:54 am »

I meant my statement as a joke as well, Sheb, don't flip your waffles over it. ;)

Perhaps we should agree upon a code of conduct? For example, we can declare to percieve all statements that can be interpreted as personal attacks aimed at us as jokes unless otherwise noted?

That was an actual relief for me personally. I like it how people can joke not being bitter even when discussiong such things as politics here, on bay12.
Especially when compared to what happens in the Russian internets whenever someone bring up politics. I think that it is one of the psychological traits of the Slavic people that they are very quick to start taking everything personally.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:24:32 am by Knit tie »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 09, 2015, 07:22:37 am »

hey, informal agreements work best when they're unspoken
._.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 09, 2015, 07:22:56 am »

Apparently if you have a "sex disorder", that's the only mode of transportation available to you in Russia now. Is this real?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 09, 2015, 07:25:54 am »

Apparently if you have a "sex disorder", that's the only mode of transportation available to you in Russia now. Is this real?
It's not real. Just some conservative in the Duma trying to push his agenda, the actual effects of this law/amendment/whatever will be nil.

Most Russians bribe their way into driving licences anyway.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:27:34 am by Knit tie »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 09, 2015, 07:30:15 am »

The Russian government has reportedly approved an amendment for a document listing medical conditions deemed unsuitable for drivers. They now include categories F60-F69 from WHO's ICD-10 list of mental disorders. These categories include various sexual fetishes and transsexualism. The Russian law doesn't explicitly states that trans people are banned from driving, such claims are extrapolated from the contents of the Russian document and the WHO list.
Nevertheless, it resulted in other bulletin boards like Reddit exploding in a massive firestorm of passionate and genuine hatred towards all Russians. I haven't seen such furious firestorms since MH17.

edit: various grammar fixes - my English slips when I type too fast.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:38:23 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 220