Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258292 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #1590 on: January 05, 2015, 03:08:35 pm »

Funnily enough, that would make Knit tie more of a "blind nationalist" that I am, since his rhetoric on issues like this is... pretty specific, what with constant mentions of CIA agents and the like.
._.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 05, 2015, 04:02:58 pm »

And quite willing to commit atrocities too. It's a shame his NEP didn't survive longer, though.

Anyway, a new song is gaining popularity among Russian soldiers deployed in Ukraine.

this song is pretty awesome

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 05, 2015, 04:32:32 pm »

I feel like Knit Tie doesn't have an substantial objection to the article, he just doesn't like that it was written by a non-Russian.  The views seem pretty close to what Sergarr has said in the past for instance, just distilled through the prism of a professional writer.
I am flattered that you consider me a professional writer, but I do, in fact, have substantial objections to that article - it makes two points, that Russian scientists do not want to be entrepreneurs because they consider entrepreneurship to be morally objectionable and that the policies of the Russian government are the main driving force behind the lack of innovation-based businesses in Russia, and I wish to dispute these points.

But out of sheer curiosity, could you please tell me on which topic are my and Sergarr's views similar?

Funnily enough, that would make Knit tie more of a "blind nationalist" that I am, since his rhetoric on issues like this is... pretty specific, what with constant mentions of CIA agents and the like.
I am honestly at a loss here. I don't recall that I have mentioned any CIA agents anywhere aside from that one discussion about the CIA having a hand in all those Cold War era political regime changes, are you referring to that?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 04:36:36 pm by Knit tie »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 05, 2015, 05:05:34 pm »

I feel like Knit Tie doesn't have an substantial objection to the article, he just doesn't like that it was written by a non-Russian.  The views seem pretty close to what Sergarr has said in the past for instance, just distilled through the prism of a professional writer.
I am flattered that you consider me a professional writer
I think Mainiac was referring to the author of the article there, not you.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 05, 2015, 05:13:46 pm »

I am flattered that you consider me a professional writer
I think Mainiac was referring to the author of the article there, not you.
Well damn, and here I thought I finally got a complement from my mortal enemy...

My comment still stands, though, because Sergarr's views are different from my own.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 05, 2015, 05:19:09 pm »

Spoiler: whoops, wrong quote (click to show/hide)

I am flattered that you consider me a professional writer, but I do, in fact, have substantial objections to that article - it makes two points, that Russian scientists do not want to be entrepreneurs because they consider entrepreneurship to be morally objectionable and that the policies of the Russian government are the main driving force behind the lack of innovation-based businesses in Russia, and I wish to dispute these points.

But out of sheer curiosity, could you please tell me on which topic are my and Sergarr's views similar?

I am honestly at a loss here. I don't recall that I have mentioned any CIA agents anywhere aside from that one discussion about the CIA having a hand in all those Cold War era political regime changes, are you referring to that?

instead all we get is an old song of "look how Russia's bad, it's ruled by evil oligarchs and evil Putin who cause all of its problems, hurr durr."

Pot.  Kettle.

If you go around posting conspiracy theories about how anyone who doesn't like Russia is actually a CIA agent living in Washington or Ukrainian jets shot down MH17 you have exactly zero legs to stand on here.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:25:27 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 05, 2015, 05:22:28 pm »

???

Should I go "Et tu, Brute?" here?

EDIT: Ah, I see. I take it this is a joke on your part, Sergarr?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:35:51 pm by Knit tie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 05, 2015, 05:29:57 pm »

Are you talking about the Buiter article (which did have a Russian as one of the authors)? I did a really quick skim and I think the really brief tl;dr might be 'don't deal with corrupt businesses'?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 05, 2015, 05:34:29 pm »

Are you talking about the Buiter article (which did have a Russian as one of the authors)? I did a really quick skim and I think the really brief tl;dr might be 'don't deal with corrupt businesses'?
It's a rather convoluted mess, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:36:30 pm by Knit tie »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 06, 2015, 06:52:16 am »

Well, yes and no. It's going to raise prices in Asia by a bit, but it's also going to further cut the prices it charges in Europe, by 1.5$ or so.

Given that Russia mostly export to Europe, I wouldn't call that a good news (for Russia).

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 06, 2015, 07:04:02 am »

Well, yes and no. It's going to raise prices in Asia by a bit, but it's also going to further cut the prices it charges in Europe, by 1.5$ or so.

Given that Russia mostly export to Europe, I wouldn't call that a good news (for Russia).
Still, Russia does exports oil to Asia, and considering the recent string of Russia-China contracts it is not hard to imagine that another contract can be made that wil allow Russia to increase that amount.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 06, 2015, 07:05:15 am »

True, but the projected increase in Asia oil prices by Saudi Arabia is half of their decrease in Europe. So overall, it's a bad news, not a good one.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 06, 2015, 07:24:48 am »

True, but the projected increase in Asia oil prices by Saudi Arabia is half of their decrease in Europe. So overall, it's a bad news, not a good one.
You are right, my friend.

Still, Europe talks of sanctions without enthusiasm, and that is a good news for Russia.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 220