Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258116 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 12:24:30 pm by Knit tie »

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #631 on: December 05, 2014, 02:30:43 pm »

If anything, Russian unemployment has decreased since the crisis started.

A interesting thing is, I have a friend (or better said his dad) that went to russia this september to work as construction builder on zenit stadium in santa petersburg. And a lot of workers (that are foreigners) will stop working because they are payed in rubles with rate of 40r for 1 dollar. So by the end of the year the companies will probably  stop working on it, as it is just not profitable for them.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:43:47 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 05, 2014, 02:39:38 pm »

._.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Make love not war

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 05, 2014, 05:09:19 pm »

If anything, Russian unemployment has decreased since the crisis started.

A interesting thing is, I have a friend (or better said his dad) that went to russia this september to work as construction builder on zenit stadium in santa petersburg. And a lot of workers (that are foreigners) will stop working because they are payed in rubles with rate of 40r for 1 dollar. So by the end of the year the companies will probably  stop working on it, as it is just not profitable for them.
One thing's certain - when we are done with this crisis, there will have been a lot of import substitution.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 05, 2014, 05:22:32 pm »

When nation is in recession it  produces less.

For import substitution you need effective economy in addition to currency devaluation\tariffs\banning imports
Also, quality of that import substitution is important, too

For 23 years we in Ukraine have idiotic tariffs to help our automotive industry.... It was shit, It is shit and It will remain shit for a long time.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 06, 2014, 04:19:34 am »

Meanwhile, on the front lines of propaganda war objective reporting: German television channel Das Erste has broadcast a "documentary film" claiming that 99% of Russian sportsmen use doping. It was presented as if almost no one in the progressive West uses doping anymore.
Russian athletes and officials were not amused: the Russian Athletic Federation has threatened to sue Das Erste.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 06, 2014, 07:49:13 am »

Meanwhile, on the front lines of propaganda war objective reporting: German television channel Das Erste has broadcast a "documentary film" claiming that 99% of Russian sportsmen use doping. It was presented as if almost no one in the progressive West uses doping anymore.
Russian athletes and officials were not amused: the Russian Athletic Federation has threatened to sue Das Erste.
It certainly wasn't presented as if no one in the West uses doping anymore, that would be ridiculous, with all the recent doping scandals (Tour de France and stuff for example). The 99% claim comes from a Russian athlete who was interviewed in the documentary.
Also if Russian officials hadn't made such a big deal out of this, nobody would have cared, I hadn't even heard about the documentary.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 06, 2014, 01:39:30 pm »

So Russia announced a new bill design to deal with the falling ruble.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 06, 2014, 01:41:16 pm »

That looks like a fat Putin.

Putin eating too many portions of pouting and pudding.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 06, 2014, 01:42:07 pm »

Looks like you ran out of logic, Sheb. Please go to you nearest rationality station and refuel your logic meter before posting any more flame bait again.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 06, 2014, 01:43:52 pm »

This article has a lot of nice cartoons about the ruble troubles.

Also, it claims that prostitutes in Murmansk have announced they're going to peg their rate to the dollar. If that's true, I expect Putin to be overthrown by a crowd of wannabe Siberian Johns.

Sergarr: It seems your irony meter is failing. It's a funny picture, that's all.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 06, 2014, 01:47:53 pm »

Sheb dont you know that treating Russians with anything less then the deep respect they show the rest of the world is offensive?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 06, 2014, 01:49:45 pm »

How's a picture suggesting extreme levels of inflation and poverty supposed to be "funny", again?
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 06, 2014, 01:54:18 pm »

Because it is ridiculously over-the-top. It even has soviet guys shooting from bearback!

Or are we banned from discussing the ruble's exchange rate?

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 220