Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: PokeMOBA - GameFreak made a MOBA?!  (Read 3412 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
PokeMOBA - GameFreak made a MOBA?!
« on: October 26, 2014, 08:33:22 am »

Spoiler: Meta rules and stuff (click to show/hide)

So the game came out pretty recently and while I'm not big into Pokemon titles myself, I am really enjoying this one. (nevermind how it's a Wii U game because God forbid GF makes a PC game...)
There's some questionable balance here and there (Froakie players can die in a fire thunderstorm for all I care), every 'mon is at the very least usable in the right circumstances.

Because there's simply way too many 'mons to pick from (and yet somehow they're still relatively balanced, much to my surprise..), I have only experienced playing as maybe 50 of them so far and like to play as Eevee (without evolving; see more below), Sneasel, Pampour and Oshawott the most. Honorable mentions go to Tynamo, Trapinch and Absol.

Unfortunately I am still a n00b and if you ever see me I am very likely to completely botch every play and ruin the game for my team so I can't really share any tactics or tips here and not feel bad about it, but I'm pretty sure that someone here has played this game and knows a bit more about it than me, and I'd be glad to hear any tips from you.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: PokeMOBA - GameFreak made a MOBA?!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 01:07:28 pm »

Is it called PokeMOBA? I can't seem to find anything about it on Bulbapedia.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, thought I was in Other Games.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 01:52:22 pm »

((Clever, clever))

Seriously? You don't evolve Eevee?  Oh wait, you don't often play pokemon.

Alright. First things first, the mid combat evolution of Eevee can turn the tide of some battles. If the rival team has a pokemon w/ few weaknesses, Eevee is like a homing missile. 

I personally main Joltik and Galvantula for the electrical webbing. I've tried going for wobuffet, but people get really pissy.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 01:55:42 pm »

Lucario is amazing mid. His ult is awesome, I love the extream speed mixed with metal claw. Also, DRAGON PULSE
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 01:56:25 pm »

I like how they have poke balls as creeps.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 02:54:20 pm »

((Clever, clever))

Seriously? You don't evolve Eevee?  Oh wait, you don't often play pokemon.

Alright. First things first, the mid combat evolution of Eevee can turn the tide of some battles. If the rival team has a pokemon w/ few weaknesses, Eevee is like a homing missile. 

Well, I did see people talk about how an ever-Eevee can stomp teams. What I did not notice was the "if player right" part. :/

On a side note, people do not seem to realize that IF YOU'RE PLAYING AGAINST SOMEONE WITH UNNERVE IN YOUR LANE, YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE BUYING BERRIES AND THEN WONDER WHY THEY DON'T WORK. Gosh, people, learn some common sense before starting to play a MOBA game like that. :/

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 02:56:01 pm »

Ah man, can't wait for Ash to come out!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 03:30:19 pm »

Screw that shit.

I played Scoliopede mid and got a goddamn Gengar.

It was a very short game.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 03:39:00 pm »

Man, I hate those people who complain about how "Master League is so mean and competitive" Get over it!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 03:42:04 pm »

Screw that shit.

I played Scoliopede mid and got a goddamn Gengar.

It was a very short game.

Lol Gengar. No poke, no escape, no harass...

Easy to counter his ult with Poke-Flute too.

Lrn to play!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 03:46:49 pm »

Hard to take advantage of any of that when Scoliopede is melee.

Pokeflute is bugged anyway to not work if Gengar is ulting.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 03:48:09 pm »

Man, pokeflute is okay. I personally like to start with some berries. Maybe a water bottle is I need the regen.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 03:57:00 pm »

Berries are good, especially if you have Gluttony.
To clarify: Gluttony doubles the effects of berries, if applicable.

Even better if you have a move that lets you take further advantage of that like Recycle, Acrobatics or to a lesser extent Fling.
Oran berries are good for early sustain, and later you can grab stuff like Lum if you're worried about CC.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 03:59:27 pm »

Dragon fang is AWESOME with Charzard. Completely worth the 6000 PK points

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 04:00:57 pm »

Heh. Incinerate is just a pain if you use berries. Damn, all that wasted money.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4