Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: WIFOM Fortress - Night 4 - "Peerless visionary" floods fort with GCSs  (Read 60772 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: WIFOM Fortress - Day 4 - And everything was going so smoothly up until then
« Reply #480 on: February 05, 2015, 02:10:37 pm »

Internet's being a bit screwy at the moment. I am transferring the write up to something portable and will have it up tomorrow morning, which may still be this evening for some of you.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 06, 2015, 06:44:13 am »

10th of Hematite:
A human trading caravan has arrived. Lubbe the armadillo is on the opposite side of the lake, so they should get in safely enough.

13th of Hematite:
Lubbe jumped out of the lake to kill a bunch of camels, then went swimming again.

18th of Hematite:
4mask has been re-elected and Toaster finally traded with the humans, netting us some aluminium, a lot of logs and some cloth.

Ushrir Sodelsigun has taken command of a workshop and is running around the fortress pilfering things.

1st of Malachite:
Ushrir has created Vushnecik Subiltobul, an angelshark leather tunic. It apparently makes up nearly a twelfth of our wealth now.

15th of Malachite:
I have been informed that we attracted no migrants this season. It's almost as though people don't want to live in a place where getting murdered by a wererhinoceros is a legitimate concern.

17th of Malachite:
The humans have departed. I tried to steer them towards Lubbe to get him out of the lake, but they didn't seem interested in our amazing performing armadillo.

22nd of Malachite:
One of our giant cave spiders gave birth to twins. This contradicts everything I thought I knew about spiders.

7th of Galena:
I've had a small room carved out for myself. It contains little besides the bare essentials, but is at least large enough to swing a cat in (had someone test this; resulted in severe injuries to lower arms. Not recommended as a recreational activity).

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 07, 2015, 05:48:46 pm »

Limestone 17th
"Why are we stopping at this dump, again?" one of the traders complained.
"Because it's part of our kingdom, and a wealthy part from what I've heard," another replied.
"Doesn't look like it. There's vomit everywhere! And I've heard rumours that there's some insurgent group killing everyone inside!"
"Don't be ridiculous, no way would the guild send us somewhere like- is that a pile of corpses against the front wall?"
"I think it is."
"... We don't have to stop at every fortress on our route, do we?" asked the second trader after a pause.
"Of course not," the first agreed. "We've made enough money."

It was a mark of their panic that no one questioned this obvious heresy. They were too busy pulling the carts around so tightly that one overturned, spilling bars and fish everywhere. Abandoning the goods, the traders beat a hasty retreat.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 08, 2015, 10:40:52 am »

28th of Limestone:
Our lands have been made into a duchy in spite of lacking a duke, count or baron and scaring away all of the traders. I'm not sure how inheritance law works around these parts, but apparently we're now ruled by the baroness Mestthos Nunurkadol, who hasn't seen fit to travel to her new lands and is also not a duchess for some reason.

7th of Sandstone:
Some migrants have arrived, probably members of some vomit afficianado group. They claim to have seen our Amber Queen of Glee die, so I've tasked them with corpse hauling duty until they share the secrets of their time travel with us.

Meanwhile in the caverns, the forgotten beast Anan was caught in the webs of the forgotten beast Momuz Drunkensubmerged and strangled.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 14, 2015, 11:13:09 pm »

*pokes again*
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 15, 2015, 04:52:33 pm »

The weeks passed slowly through Pricemines, each citizen consumed by the seemingly unending labours that their overseer thought up for them. On the twenty seventh of Timber, Deus Asmoth announced a party to commemorate the long awaited emptying of the stockpile of corpses outside the walls. Unfortunately it was not to be the traditional month long party that the dwarves were used to, as in the midst of the event a messenger delivered some bad news to their leader. The party was cancelled and battle stations declared. A vile force of darkness had arrived.

Also, this is a thing that can happen, apparently.

The hunter's name was Oddom Asendolek. He had left the fort walls against orders. Who did they think they were, telling him when he could and could not catch his quarry? The grunts of a troll drew his attention as soon as he left the gate, its leg caught in a weapon trap. Emotionless, he drew a bead on it and loosed a bolt. The beast went down, and a small grin flashed across his features, vanishing again as another troll leaped past its fallen ally at him. And another. Swearing, Oddom loosed another bolt, dropping the second beast and letting him see the two more that followed the third. He frantically pulled back the winch to fire another bolt, howling instead at the third troll lowered its head, driving its horn through his right arm and seizing his left with both its hands. The crack that followed was far too loud to have come from his body, Oddom thought detachedly. His last sight before he passed out were the dogs of war bearing down on the troll, screaming hammerdwarves not far behind.

WHY THE BLOODY HELL IS 4MASK USING A WOODEN SWORD!?

"Truly horrifying," flabort murmured as her hammer crushed another troll's skull with a crunch. It was grisly work, but it had to be done. The truth of the cult of flabort would prevail against these infidels and all of dwarfdom would share in their greatness in the fullness of time. The hammer came around into another troll, driving its arm into its shoulder as bone splintered apart. Another strike, and then a moment of panic as the hammerhead lodged itself the troll's crushed ribcage. She threw up her shield as a goblin tore towards her with a pike, deflecting the blow aimed at her gut with a screech. flabort abandoned her hammer, diving away from it to avoid a silver whip streaking towards her hammer arm. She rolled as she hit the ground, coming up with her shield raised towards the lasher and pikeman. A weak blow from the whip was easily knocked aside. flabort glanced behind her as she tried to take the high ground, edging up the slope. Her vision snapped around again at the sound of a bellow and she was knocked to the ground by the troll, her hammer glinting in the light as it dove at her. She seized the hammer as troll and dwarf struggled on the ground, pulling it free with a squelch and knocking the beast's skull into what little brains it had. Then there was the crack of a whip, and the crack of bone. The silver hammer fell from flabort's lifeless fingers as she struggled to her feet under a barrage of attacks from whip and pike, retreating towards the safety of the walls. She staggered as a bolt sprouted from her breastplate, then her greaves. Her legs wouldn't obey her. flabort tried to stand again, then stared in confusion. Another greenskin advanced slowly towards her with an axe nearly as big as he was. It didn't matter. flabort knew the truth, and it would live on long after she did.

flabort was a cultist hammerdwarf!
Jim Groovester was a town marksdwarf!
4maskwolf was a town mayor!
Vucar Olinumstiz was a town speardwarf!
[/i]

Asmoth's Log, 10th of Moonstone
Well, so much for clearing up all those corpses we had lying around.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10590

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 15, 2015, 05:31:37 pm »

Welp.

At least my army of Giant Cave Spiders lives on.

Right? Right?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 15, 2015, 06:24:23 pm »

Well, so much for clearing up all those corpses we had lying around.

This sums up the fort, right here. What's our dwarf deathcount so far?

This also means that Zombie Urist is up for the next turn if he's around.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 15, 2015, 06:40:48 pm »

Welp.

At least my army of Giant Cave Spiders lives on.

Right? Right?
We have like thirty spiders now. They keep having twins and such.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 15, 2015, 09:28:02 pm »

You know the fortress is running on a tight budget when spiders have to fit two babies per egg.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 15, 2015, 10:02:09 pm »

I'll do my turn next weekend.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 21, 2015, 04:13:02 pm »

I need to be skipped I don't have time to play.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 21, 2015, 05:39:54 pm »

That would make it Persus13's turn.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 22, 2015, 09:05:42 am »

Has Persus been notified?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 22, 2015, 12:45:25 pm »

I'm aware its my turn. I'm really busy today, but tomorrow I'll download the save and should start playing by Tuesday.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36