Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [SG] War for Orbit [Year: 1942]  (Read 3355 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] War for Orbit [Year: 1942]
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 08:00:11 pm »

8.Research Satellites!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 08:05:21 pm »

8.1: Regarding the lack of a facility to properly train Space-capable combat personnel, the construction of a artificial 'space environment', made with a water filled chamber and mock-ups of various hulls(preferrably to resemble German designs) and the acquisition of diving gear to help train said Combat Personnel, until such time a full combat-ready space suit is developed, upon which that suit will be used for training breaches.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 08:07:37 pm »

Why 8.1? Satellites and space stations are way different.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 08:08:39 pm »

Why 8.1? Satellites and space stations are way different.
You already made an 8. My suggestion was a modification for your idea that was vetoed.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 08:40:31 pm »

7.1. Begin training Space Marines. To start with we should pick a handful of elite soldiers (not best of the best though - this stuff could be dangerous after all) and start educating them on theoretical stuff they'll probably have to learn to be effective Space Marines.
9. Begin prototyping space suits for various animals including mice, dogs, and chimps.
Since Proposal 8 is for satellites and 8.1 has nothing to do with satellites - Earth-based training grounds - I think I'll just make space stations a new proposal.
10. Research space stations.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 01:51:22 am »

Spoiler: Irrelevant (click to show/hide)

I will once again note that our current main threat is a sub-orbital vehicle.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 02:08:16 am »

Stop arguing with the GM. It never ends well. :( Maybe we're using Hollywood physics? Rule of Fun perhaps?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2014, 02:15:51 am »

There is a reason the spoiler is marked irrelevant, because we're using Hollywood physics. Or at the very least making spectacular explosions while physics is looking the other way.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2014, 03:17:42 am »

:)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2014, 04:28:36 pm »

8. I propose we create a zero gravity room if we currently don't have one to train space marines

9. I propose we research better and more long lasting fuel

8.Research Satellites!
11.Research Satellites!

8.1: Regarding the lack of a facility to properly train Space-capable combat personnel, the construction of a artificial 'space environment', made with a water filled chamber and mock-ups of various hulls(preferrably to resemble German designs) and the acquisition of diving gear to help train said Combat Personnel, until such time a full combat-ready space suit is developed, upon which that suit will be used for training breaches.
8.1.1 If we are going to be training in aquariums anyway, lets just train sharks. We will need to design some basic thrusters to replicate a shark's swimming motion in low gravity environs and some basic breathing apparatus, but once we have that in place, the sharks should be well equipped to operate in close quarters in a three dimensional environment and chemically inducing the required levels of aggression should not be too difficult...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 05:23:34 pm »

I am going to confirm that current computers are basically vacuum tube type giant installations, and you are highly unlikely to be able to fit any on a single or two man craft at this point.

As well, for some of the recent proposals, I would like to remind people of a few rules...

3. All proposals must be marked as a Large, Medium or Small project.
4. Design proposals begin at 1, for each year
5. Production proposals begin at A, for each year.
6. Other proposals, like reorganization of the team or political war plan suggestions will be marked using the Greek alphabet
8. Each proposal that doesn't follow these rules will be terminated with extreme prejudice.

(Eyes proposals that use the wrong designation and aren't marked for what size they are.)

Also, RAM, I'm not sure why you just created a ditto proposal, but if you were under the impression that that was how you voted, no no it isn't.

(Points at the format for votes rules and the Proposal Tracker. Reference the other games using these rules if you need an example.)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 06:10:30 pm »

1.4. A small project to design space blowtorches that will be used to cut open and board enemy ship.
1.5 A small project to design low-penetration guns that work in space. So that our guys can board the Germans and kill/capture them with decreased chance of breaking the valuable insides.
α.7.1 A small project to train Space Marines. To start with we should pick a handful of elite soldiers (not best of the best though - this stuff could be dangerous after all) and start educating them on theoretical stuff they'll probably have to learn to be effective Space Marines.
1.9 A small (medium?) project to design space suits for various animals including mice, dogs, and chimps.
1.10 A large project to design a space station that can be used to train Space Marines.

Like that?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 06:15:20 pm »

I'm not sure why everything is one point something, but other then that it looks good...
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 06:24:02 pm »

Most start with 1. because they're design projects. How was I supposed to handle them?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 06:47:23 pm »

I've gone through every post and tried my best to use the right format to put them on the Proposal Tracker for everyone as a proper example. To vote, copy paste the latest version of this, and put your name in brackets behind what you want to vote for. Like this. 'Universal machine gun (Player 1, Player 2)'
Spoiler: Proposal tracker (click to show/hide)
Forenia Forever!
Pages: 1 [2] 3