Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: March of the Disciples - 3.5 DnD Campaign OOC  (Read 26874 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: March of the Disciples - 3.5 DnD Campaign OOC
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2014, 11:26:04 pm »

Well... Alrighty, drop the spell likes if you wish. I fyou want to keep them I'm ruling that the Charm Person thing is 1/day per 2 levels.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 11:29:48 pm »

Actually, I think I will. It's got a little potential for self-discovery, though markedly less so than in terms of personality. Okay, so we're actually decently well-rounded. No big meatshield, but whatevs.

Huh, I'm sort of surprised we don't have any Clerics or Paladins in a setting which is this obviously rife with undead and various sorts of Evil.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2014, 11:31:40 pm »

Well in a party with two outta four being fond of Mortis it'd probably be a bit awkward. Paladins would... Not be suggested with the whole "You can't even chill out with Evil-bros."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 11:38:48 pm »

It would be absolutely hilarious, though. For a very brief time. A Cleric, on the other hand, would get all the fun and none of the falling.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2014, 01:12:06 pm »

Turns out I have more time than I thought. I'll poke at making a sheet.

Wanted templates to use: half dragon, half minotaur (human) fighter for Tier 5, LA+4, focusing on using my natural weapons rather than anything swords.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2014, 01:19:12 pm »

Apologies, I didn't get round to posting in the thread earlier, which is just as well as I'm not sure I'll get time to do a sheet before someone else could (although I may try...). Please feel free to give priority to someone else.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2014, 01:34:10 pm »

Wanted templates to use: half dragon, half minotaur (human) fighter for Tier 5, LA+4, focusing on using my natural weapons rather than anything swords.

Um... No? How would you be Half Dragon, Half Minotaur and still be human? I uh... I don't know... I'll... I'll allow it...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2014, 01:38:16 pm »

Apologies, I didn't get round to posting in the thread earlier, which is just as well as I'm not sure I'll get time to do a sheet before someone else could (although I may try...). Please feel free to give priority to someone else.
You should take priority. I don't really have the time right now. Just wait list me, Nerjin.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2014, 01:43:37 pm »

Um... No? How would you be Half Dragon, Half Minotaur and still be human? I uh... I don't know... I'll... I'll allow it...

Well, both of thsoe are tempaltes rather than races. Just consider it they have strong ancestry coming through rather than being legitimately 3/2s different races.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2014, 03:19:34 pm »

Would you let me take the Wild Cohort feat?

If so I would like to submit work in progress Jebeddi Fecklebinder, Badger Riding Forest Gnome Rogue. You did ask to try to refrain from power gaming. Hopefully this will manage to. I have to fill in the character bits but the mechanics are there I think. I used a Tier 4 so took 3 ability points extra after points buy. I hope this is correct.

I'm hoping that riding about on a saddled badger and then Tumbling off into a flanking position to smack things with a morningstar is feasible. The only other things he can really do is sneak. And speak to his badger.

I thought about using a ranger instead, but d4 damage from arrows seems really quite puny.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2014, 03:29:35 pm »

I thought about using a ranger instead, but d4 damage from arrows seems really quite puny.
?
Composite longbow has the same damage profile as Morningstar. Better, actually, because x3 crit rather than x2.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2014, 04:02:35 pm »

?
Composite longbow has the same damage profile as Morningstar. Better, actually, because x3 crit rather than x2.

Oooh.

But is a ranger actually useful?

I mean, as a rogue I can undo traps, sneak, and ride a badger.

As a ranger I could... sneak and ride a badger?

I mean, I have never played a ranger.

edit: I was also planning at Level 3 to take weapon finesse and so TWF rapiers - which reminds me, bother, I didn't take TWF and would need a flaw to do so.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:05:28 pm by lawastooshort »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2014, 04:33:23 pm »

Wild shape ranger is rather more useful than either, since changing into multiple forms gives a lot of versatility, but yes a ranger can be somewhat useful, particularly with the right ACFs. Of course, to build one to be useful generally requires a good understanding of combat efficiency, a fair amount of creativity in out-of-combat situations, and a certain amount of knowledge of what kind of things the campaign is going to cover; being a super-awesome tracker and skilled orc-hunting archer is useless if you spend all your time in narrow underground dungeons fighting skeletons. The same is true to an extent with rogue, but generally slightly less on the last point.

Oh, also, you can't actually ride the badger, since you're both the same size.
Also also, I would not advise TWF with two rapiers; you need to use a light weapon for your off hand to cut down on your attack penalties, and your damage as a TWF isn't going to be coming from an extra average 1 or 2 points of damage a weapon, it'll be from various sources of bonus damage (sneak attack for a rogue).
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 04:45:02 pm »

Thanks for the very helpful post, Harbinger.

particularly with the right ACFs. Of course, to build one to be useful generally requires a good understanding of combat efficiency, a fair amount of creativity in out-of-combat situations

Well... bother - I don't really know what a wild shape ranger is, I don't know what the right ACFs are, and I can't say I have even a nearly good understanding of combat efficiency, either. Unfortunately I can't do anything about all this and read up, because it's too late for me to be up with work tomorrow.

Also also, I would not advise TWF with two rapiers; you need to use a light weapon for your off hand to cut down on your attack penalties, and your damage as a TWF isn't going to be coming from an extra average 1 or 2 points of damage a weapon, it'll be from various sources of bonus damage (sneak attack for a rogue).

Ah yes, thank you - I think this is a left over idea of what is best to do after Immaterial's houserule, forgot about it.

Oh, also, you can't actually ride the badger, since you're both the same size.

Arg. I am going off to bed to feel demoralised. I really want a badger rider.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22