Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A mod that allows Fortress Mode activites while one-maned as in Adventure Mode?  (Read 1187 times)

Cotton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will make this short and easy, I am looking for a  mod that allows fortress mode tasks "mining, smelting, planting, building" in a one unit control, "AKA Adventurer Mode". If there is a mod that has these abritutes I will thank you and download said mod, and dont try sending me viruses or anything. Thank you and good day.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile

I'd like to see it the other way around- control an individual dwarf in fort mode.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

DFHack has the adv-fort plug-in, but I'm not sure how well it works in the current version.

With just raws, you cannot enable Fort Mode tasks in Adventurer Mode, though you can create things using adventure reactions. These reactions would not allow you to cut down trees or mine rocks, however.

By default the only adventurer reaction is knapping rocks. A few mods add in adventurer reactions, though off the top of my head the only ones I know of that are focused on adventure mode are the old Wanderer's Friend mod and Deon's DF Wanderer.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Neither of these are possible with raw modding, but DFHack does have the advfort script, which AFAIK is still included and thus should work.

Rahk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could try the Hermit race in Masterwork.  That's the closest thing I can think of.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Dark Wizard Tower by me, too.

I'm not going to PM Meph saying "see, this is exactly what I'm talking about", promise.

Rahk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No offense intended Putnam, but why didn't you mention that in your first reply to the guy looking for a mod?  Also, I can't even find your Dark Wizard Tower mod, knowing it's name and looking through the first few pages of mod releases, as well as your DFFD page.  I don't think you can blame Masterwork's popularity in this case.  Just because it's popular, doesn't mean that people don't look elsewhere, or try other things.  If there was another mod that I even knew about that did a single person embark in fortress mode, I would have mentioned it.  Thing is, I didn't know of another one.  Can you post a link to your Dark Wizard Tower mod or information about it? 

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

It's part of the Fantastic package, but I can't spam my individual parts because I don't have a board like Masterwork does. I should probably stop packaging mods, like I already decided a while ago.

why didn't you mention that in your first reply to the guy looking for a mod?

It's not actually what was being asked for, I.E fortress activities in adventure mode. Dark Wizard Tower, Hermit and related mods are still fortress mode, you're still trapped in one location, there are still sieges, etc. Adventure mode offers more freedom of movement and Advfort allows that, so that's the correct answer.