Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 437938 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #4590 on: February 15, 2015, 08:42:34 pm »

Well who's fault was that?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: February 15, 2015, 08:43:16 pm »

Well who's fault was that?

Cim's? He was the one who kept killing Yaos, after all.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: February 15, 2015, 08:44:01 pm »

What makes you think it was Cim?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: February 15, 2015, 08:45:23 pm »

What makes you think it was Cim?

Everything done secretly was Cim. Duh.

**EDIT**

Also, it is really too bad Fusil is really dead, because I just found the perfect song to play when he revives. For real this time.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:08:42 pm by Stirk »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: February 15, 2015, 09:51:25 pm »

It actualy kinda fits. In a somewhat morbid way, but it realy fits. Though I am still optimistic enough to think that GLaDOS has more kills than Fusil.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: February 15, 2015, 11:50:21 pm »

Response to KJP: Yes, I'd like a link to the flora post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144651.msg6029003#msg6029003, please.

Should be writing that up tonight. Essentially, I'm going to start back where the drug pedaling started and update when any new plants are made. Let me know if I miss anything.

Edit: Is it possible for me to define pyromancy (the ability to create and manipulate fire, including putting it out and countering other pyromancy) as a branch of elemental magic and set up a system where more devout followers of mine gain more attunement for it. Say for example I have a priest devoting his life to spreading my teachings and follower img my followings. He would be capable of easily shooting fireballs from his hands even if he has little magic training and could breath dragon's breath for sustainable periods of time if he trained his pyromancy. This would also work in the short term if they do something as a practice of their faith. For example, a hunter is alone in the wilderness. As night approaches he needs to make a campfire but is having difficulty lighting it. He is not a follower of mine, but he says a prayer to me and now finds that he easily lights the campfire through pyromancy.

Essentially, this would mean that long-term followers of mine could have pyromancy attunements depending on how faithful hey are.
Lifetime attunement level guidelines:
Put another god before me but follow me quite faithfully:0.25
Moderate follower (an no other gods before me): 0.50
Faithful (but don't go out of their way to do much for me): 0.75
Life devotion (eg. Priest): 1
Life devotion and actively spreading my message (eg. Missionary): 1.25

If this is possible, would it cost me and if so, $$$how much?$$$

Edit 2: These attunement values would be in addition to existing attunements. Say a mortal has a 2 attunement normally and give me a life devotion, they would gain 1 to have 3.

Please ignore what has been stricken through. Some things were stupid questions and all have been answered.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:54:47 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4596 on: February 15, 2015, 11:59:05 pm »

Well, I also made a whole bunch of plants as Serac... If you really are recording all the flora, you should probably include those.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: February 16, 2015, 01:28:05 am »

Edit: Is it possible for me to define pyromancy (the ability to create and manipulate fire, including putting it out and countering other pyromancy) as a branch of elemental magic
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! You actually think you need to define pyromancy of all things? What's next, you're going to "define" that telepathy is a branch of Psymental? Or you're going to "define" that portal-making is a branch of Dimensional magic? Or "define" that you can use guitars in Musical magic? You really don't have to define something that's so already so ubiquitously and obviously present.

and set up a system where more devout followers of mine gain more attunement for it. Say for example I have a priest devoting his life to spreading my teachings and follower img my followings. He would be capable of easily shooting fireballs from his hands even if he has little magic training and could breath dragon's breath for sustainable periods of time if he trained his pyromancy. This would also work in the short term if they do something as a practice of their faith. For example, a hunter is alone in the wilderness. As night approaches he needs to make a campfire but is having difficulty lighting it. He is not a follower of mine, but he says a prayer to me and now finds that he easily lights the campfire through pyromancy.

Essentially, this would mean that long-term followers of mine could have pyromancy attunements depending on how faithful hey are.
Lifetime attunement level guidelines:
Put another god before me but follow me quite faithfully:0.25
Moderate follower (an no other gods before me): 0.50
Faithful (but don't go out of their way to do much for me): 0.75
Life devotion (eg. Priest): 1
Life devotion and actively spreading my message (eg. Missionary): 1.25

If this is possible, would it cost me and if so, $$$how much?$$$

Edit 2: These attunement values would be in addition to existing attunements. Say a mortal has a 2 attunement normally and give me a life devotion, they would gain 1 to have 3.
Ok, serious here. You don't have to spend any Essence on it.* Divine magic works by using the spheres of the gods with more belief allowing for greater acts of power. As your sphere is Fire and your followers have souls (thus letting them use magic) they should have no problem using faith-based pyromancy. As your sphere is Fire, someone devout to you would probably get a bonus even when using Elemental pyromancy rather than Divine pyromancy.

*Assumption
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:33:22 am by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: February 16, 2015, 01:31:31 am »

Edit: Is it possible for me to define pyromancy (the ability to create and manipulate fire, including putting it out and countering other pyromancy) as a branch of elemental magic and set up a system where more devout followers of mine gain more attunement for it. Say for example I have a priest devoting his life to spreading my teachings and follower img my followings. He would be capable of easily shooting fireballs from his hands even if he has little magic training and could breath dragon's breath for sustainable periods of time if he trained his pyromancy. This would also work in the short term if they do something as a practice of their faith. For example, a hunter is alone in the wilderness. As night approaches he needs to make a campfire but is having difficulty lighting it. He is not a follower of mine, but he says a prayer to me and now finds that he easily lights the campfire through pyromancy.

Both things are possible, but I don't really think "attunement" works like that. I believe what you would be looking for was Divine magic, which is basically you giving them the magic they need. It seems to work better depending on their devotion to you and vice versa.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: February 16, 2015, 01:32:51 am »

Andres is wrong there, actually.

As a general rule; if you don't specify it, it's probably not very significant.

So if you want pyromancy in particular for your followers, might cost you around 2-3E, based on the miracles system I set up to allow any of my followers to use magic before the restrictions were lifted.

If you just want to be sure that your followers can use fire magic, you're probably already set, though, Divine Magic is more versatile than specifically Fire Magic, and will probably encompass the symbolic aspects of fire, particularly as they pertain to you, rather than the sheerly physical of Elemental Magic, based on what I've learned of magic.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: February 16, 2015, 01:38:44 am »

So if you want pyromancy in particular for your followers, might cost you around 2-3E, based on the miracles system I set up to allow any of my followers to use magic before the restrictions were lifted.
If the rule where only a limited number of people could have magic were a natural one rather than a Council-enforced one it would've cost you less. This isn't an assumption.

If you just want to be sure that your followers can use fire magic, you're probably already set, though, Divine Magic is more versatile than specifically Fire Magic, and will probably encompass the symbolic aspects of fire, particularly as they pertain to you, rather than the sheerly physical of Elemental Magic, based on what I've learned of magic.
What have you learned of magic? Share with us? Please please please please please?

KJP, is Ghizher's own brand of magic a different and new attunement from the ones listed in the OOC OP? It seems like there should be a distinct difference between his Eldritch magic and the Void's Void magic by having them as two separate attunements.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:41:49 am by Andres »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4601 on: February 16, 2015, 01:42:40 am »

Serac needed to spend 3 essence to allow his followers to create bubbles allowing them to breathe underwater. So even with spheres, it costs essence to give your followers power. Don't assume so much Andres...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: February 16, 2015, 01:48:09 am »

Serac needed to spend 3 essence to allow his followers to create bubbles allowing them to breathe underwater. So even with spheres, it costs essence to give your followers power. Don't assume so much Andres...
It makes sense that it would cost Essence to give the bubble-ability to all your followers. Remember that that's a magical ability and magic was limited by Council-enforced rule, making it not-free, or at least more expensive. Then there's the fact that you gave the ability to everyone who followed you without specifying that it's only for devoted followers, possibly extending so that even non-primary followers have the ability.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: February 16, 2015, 01:50:03 am »

I learned it basically by asking KJP and just talking about how my followers could use their Divine Magic. It was back when I was first starting to get the Healer priests, I just asked him whether Divine Magic of Goodness included healing, and he said yeah, since mortal users of Divine Magic aren't as limited as their Gods are within the spheres; Like I said, the symbolic aspects of it, and things of that nature. I personally don't get a bonus to healing stuff as far as I'm aware(combination of Good and Protection might, actually), but my Priests can certainly use it damned well. Similar with Malakath probably; her Priests are probably great counselors and therapists(:P:P:P:P).

Anything more than that is mostly conjecture and speculation, and I'm guessing it always would be.

Never assume 'already in play' or 'can't be in play' without good backup for the assumption. Otherwise you end up looking like a fool when someone who didn't assume tried it, found out your wrong, and now has a beatstick while you don't. Or is able to drown your frog-people because you never actually gave them gills and only the kids can breathe underwater.

Test the limits. Experiment. Never believe anything anyone else tells you is true without providing proof unless you're certain they can be trusted on that point. And that's how you win politics
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: February 16, 2015, 01:53:26 am »

Are you seriously saying that assuming that a priest of a god of Fire can't use some Divine pyromancy is unjustified?
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 350