Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435582 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3525 on: January 15, 2015, 11:38:46 pm »

I don't know, the Armu-Seppo-Hovori could definitely give them a run for their money. Giant tentacle monsters with hundreds of weapons, who are also alive as Sinjo, who can have broken appendages instantly repaired and clear up with (now safer and more powerful!) Godly magic while their buddies make special anti-Gruen weapons. And that is if they manage to get past the not-entirly-cannon-fodder Vindico protecting the towns with (new and improved!) chainbows that explode on contact.

In direct combat, I agree that they would have difficulty there. The Gruen trump card though is that they can make hybrids with Gruen Spores. Apparently even to the extent that there are Hybrid Golems much to the chagrin of their creator :P. If the Gruen couldn't win directly, they could just start creating enough hybrids that the species would become integrated. I suppose you could argue that's more like a tie but it's good enough to suit my purposes.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: January 15, 2015, 11:42:51 pm »

I don't know, the Armu-Seppo-Hovori could definitely give them a run for their money. Giant tentacle monsters with hundreds of weapons, who are also alive as Sinjo, who can have broken appendages instantly repaired and clear up with (now safer and more powerful!) Godly magic while their buddies make special anti-Gruen weapons. And that is if they manage to get past the not-entirly-cannon-fodder Vindico protecting the towns with (new and improved!) chainbows that explode on contact.

In direct combat, I agree that they would have difficulty there. The Gruen trump card though is that they can make hybrids with Gruen Spores. Apparently even to the extent that there are Hybrid Golems much to the chagrin of their creator :P. If the Gruen couldn't win directly, they could just start creating enough hybrids that the species would become integrated. I suppose you could argue that's more like a tie but it's good enough to suit my purposes.

If I remember correctly, don't they have to eat the spores before becoming hybrids? I seem to be remembering way back to the human cultists. I don't see a real reason for the Armu to go around eating random spores  :-\. Besides, you act like I didn't make them immune to that a long time ago  :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: January 15, 2015, 11:43:15 pm »

Say what you want but I'm like 90% sure the Gruen species could wipe out all the others in the bubble assuming no godly intervention on either side. I could care less if some gods and angels looked human early on and it makes no difference that some species came before the Gruen.

The view that humans should be the default species or that they are in any way the most superior is borderline silly to me and I personally view their creation in this game as no more important or significant than any other.
What's this about superior?

I didn't say anything about that.

Only thing humans are good at is having babies and falling to corruption, from what I can see.

Also, at this point, I'm decently sure that given no more divine intervention than the stuff I've already built, the Gruen would fail to wipe out all the cities of Good. Some, for sure, but not all. Not like the cities of Good could do a great deal in return, but...

I'm working on that.

Question, gman: How do Gruen spores interact with fire?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3528 on: January 15, 2015, 11:47:45 pm »

I don' t have too much time to resolve stuff right now, but from what I've seen, we need a more concrete definition of vetoing. A bundle of proposals should be suitable for fixing this.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: January 15, 2015, 11:49:07 pm »

Say what you want but I'm like 90% sure the Gruen species could wipe out all the others in the bubble assuming no godly intervention on either side. I could care less if some gods and angels looked human early on and it makes no difference that some species came before the Gruen.

The view that humans should be the default species or that they are in any way the most superior is borderline silly to me and I personally view their creation in this game as no more important or significant than any other.
Hey man it was WMG at best. I never implied that they were superior, though. Mountwyrms are basically Humans with scales and wings, thus making them better.

A bundle of proposals should be suitable for fixing this.
Like that's ever gonna happen. ::)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: January 15, 2015, 11:49:49 pm »

I don' t have too much time to resolve stuff right now, but from what I've seen, we need a more concrete definition of vetoing. A bundle of proposals should be suitable for fixing this.

Timing, man. I was just about to ask how exactly a veto works. Presumably there isn't much in the way of guidelines?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: January 15, 2015, 11:50:18 pm »

But what will we do if those proposals are vetoed?! ??? :o

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: January 15, 2015, 11:53:52 pm »

But what will we do if those proposals are vetoed?! ??? :o

Fractal vetoes man. We veto those proposals, and then opponents veto the veto, so the initial supporters veto that veto ad infinitum :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: January 16, 2015, 12:00:45 am »

And veto just lost all meaning too.

Also all usefulness.

And I'm stuck, OOC-wise. I kinda wanna show off, but I kinda wanna wait til I have some better stuff to show off so I can do it all at once, but on the other hand if Fusil is actually on my side (what madness is this?) and especially if Azem or Khaziraad support me(which they might, if only because I think Malakath has been annoying everyone even more than Fusil ever managed to upset people with his threats(:P and Darruth is of course just a perfect little angel deity :P)), we might be able to teach this upstart a lesson about respecting the creation rights of others.

We, the Council, of Some Random Bubble The Narrative Is Watching, believe that all Gods have the right to Life they have created, Liberty as they can maintain it, and the Pursuit of a Giant Rubber Ball.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: January 16, 2015, 12:09:28 am »

If I remember correctly, don't they have to eat the spores before becoming hybrids? I seem to be remembering way back to the human cultists. I don't see a real reason for the Armu to go around eating random spores  :-\. Besides, you act like I didn't make them immune to that a long time ago  :P.

Yeah, I was picturing them taking prisoners and force feeding them. The only reason I didn't make it work on contact is because I'm pretty sure everyone would have teamed up to burn the Gruen down a long time ago if I had. Not that it would be very hard for me to change that feature if the Gruen ever did go to war against everything... but I suppose that fits under me intervening. Such a shame. It's a moot point though.

Sniff... why would you make them immune. Don't you want any adorable Armu Gruen Hybrids running around? Think of the potential man!

What's this about superior?

I didn't say anything about that.

Only thing humans are good at is having babies and falling to corruption, from what I can see.

You didn't. Andres seemed to be hinting at it though. Oh and I'm fairly certain other races breed faster than humans but it doesn't really matter.

Also, at this point, I'm decently sure that given no more divine intervention than the stuff I've already built, the Gruen would fail to wipe out all the cities of Good. Some, for sure, but not all. Not like the cities of Good could do a great deal in return, but...

I'm working on that.

Is this based off the assumption that I have not been privately improving my own creations over these many ticks? Those occasional 20+ essence drops aren't for nothing. I've been quite determined to keep my forces up to par just in case I ever find out Cim's been using his equally massive essence income for WMD's ;).

Question, gman: How do Gruen spores interact with fire?

I can't answer that because I'm unsure of the answer. It likely depends on how hot the fire it. I know I spent a decent amount of essence on making the Gruen Spores capable of surviving in most environments but I fail to recall if I ever specifically invested in massive heat resistance.

I never implied that they were superior, though. Mountwyrms are basically Humans with scales and wings, thus making them better.

Perhaps I misinterpreted. Still don't consider them the default race though. In my eyes, no race is inherently more important than any other. Not that I don't favor my own but I don't consider them more universally important. In other words, I recognize that they are simply important in my eyes and not overall.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: January 16, 2015, 12:13:00 am »

Yeah, I was picturing them taking prisoners and force feeding them. The only reason I didn't make it work on contact is because I'm pretty sure everyone would have teamed up to burn the Gruen down a long time ago if I had. Not that it would be very hard for me to change that feature if the Gruen ever did go to war against everything... but I suppose that fits under me intervening. Such a shame. It's a moot point though.

Sniff... why would you make them immune. Don't you want any adorable Armu Gruen Hybrids running around? Think of the potential man!

I have. It was terrifying.

Well that would have been a great tactic...if you didn't just tell everyone about it. Now it is easy to block. ....And how does one keep an angry tentacle monster with Godlike powers captive? I am not even sure how they eat.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: January 16, 2015, 12:18:06 am »

No, it's based off what I've created and the backup systems I have in place.

I'm a God of Protection whose eventual goal is to be able to leave and have everything work fine and nice and Good after he leaves without needing his help. 'No longer needs divine intervention' is rather important for that.

That and me magic stuff now.

I only say Humans breed faster because that's the only real explanation I can think of for Humans growing as fast as they have compared to everyone else, unless Yaos pulled some magnificent bullshit without anyone noticing.

I don't think default means important. Rather the opposite...humans are generic, and thus boring. I'm working on my fifth and sixth races right now.

In all honesty, big chunk of the reason I don't think any one race could wipe out all the others is plot. One race wiping out all the others easily is boring. I notice in games like these, and in this game as well, the underdogs get a Plot Bonus.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: January 16, 2015, 12:19:32 am »

We will have WAR! Woo! Finally! Been needing a good one of those.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: January 16, 2015, 12:21:19 am »

I would have liked it better if it didn't involve me...

I haven't gotten to my Wargear stuff yet...not as much of it as I would have liked, anyway.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: January 16, 2015, 12:22:37 am »

I'm a God of Protection whose eventual goal is to be able to leave and have everything work fine and nice and Good after he leaves without needing his help. 'No longer needs divine intervention' is rather important for that.

Pfft, how's that working fo- I mean, that's a noble goal, I'm sure I can help you out with that in the future.

< , <  ---  > , >

What?

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 350