Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435594 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3465 on: January 14, 2015, 10:15:47 pm »

Oh, Andres, for the bestiary:

I also made the Cherubim and Chiracyx.

Description primarily here, creation tick here.
Cool. I'll start in a bit.

Also, fun fact. The Seppo are named after the smith Seppo Ilmarinen from The Kalevala, but apparently it also means "American" in Australian slang. Go figure.
No. No it doesn't. I've never even heard of the word 'Seppo' until I saw it on Ye Gods. Maybe it's Austrian slang?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: January 14, 2015, 10:32:34 pm »

Added to the Bestiary. Any extra info will only be added once I am paid 1E more.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: January 14, 2015, 10:48:48 pm »

...You spelled Chiracyx wrong. :P

What was the extra info again? I forget.

Also, if anyone cares, it's properly(and most easily, really) pronounced 'Cheer-uh-six'
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: January 14, 2015, 10:54:19 pm »

No. No it doesn't. I've never even heard of the word 'Seppo' until I saw it on Ye Gods. Maybe it's Austrian slang?

The internet says that it is, in fact, Australasian. Wictionary, Google.

I didn't say it was a particularly common slang.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: January 14, 2015, 11:54:56 pm »

What was the extra info again? I forget.
This.

I didn't say it was a particularly common slang.
"Yank" isn't even a common term used to define Americans here. From memory, I've only ever heard a teacher use the word and only because he misread the word "tank". Let alone using the word "septic tank" to describe an American, let alone "seppo". Usually, we just call you "Americans".

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: January 14, 2015, 11:59:50 pm »

"Yank" isn't even a common term used to define Americans here. From memory, I've only ever heard a teacher use the word and only because he misread the word "tank". Let alone using the word "septic tank" to describe an American, let alone "seppo". Usually, we just call you "Americans".

Way to stereotype an entire nation racist. Just because you never heard it doesn't mean I am wrong! Are you about to tell me that Google is lying? 

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: January 15, 2015, 12:07:54 am »

Way to stereotype an entire nation racist. Just because you never heard it doesn't mean I am wrong! Are you about to tell me that Google is lying?
Which nation are you saying I'm saying is racist and how am I saying that? Yes it does. Yes. It's either made up or something that some middle-aged Australian writer thinks is what the kids use as slang nowadays.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: January 15, 2015, 12:11:33 am »

Which nation are you saying I'm saying is racist and how am I saying that? Yes it does. Yes. It's either made up or something that some middle-aged Australian writer thinks is what the kids use as slang nowadays.

But it is on three whole websites! It cannot be a lie. And you are being racist, by stereotyping an entire nation, you racist!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: January 15, 2015, 12:19:07 am »

But it is on three whole websites! It cannot be a lie. And you are being racist, by stereotyping an entire nation, you racist!
The first website is wrong because we don't associate Americans with drinking a lot of lemonade, the second website is wrong because of the middle-aged author thing, and the third website is wrong because we call Mexicans "Mexicans" ("gringo" is only used when speaking in a Mexican accent, of all things), I don't even know how "haole" is supposed to be pronounced (which should tell you of its validity and usage), and we'd consider Americans to be stupid before we consider them full-of-shit. Plus, the reasons stated for "seppo" contradicts the reason presented by the first website!

EDIT: Which nation am I stereotyping?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:38:42 am by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: January 15, 2015, 12:40:45 am »

The first website is wrong because we don't associate Americans with drinking a lot of lemonade, the second website is wrong because of the middle-aged author thing, and the third website is wrong because we call Mexicans "Mexicans" ("gringo" is only used when speaking in a Mexican accent, of all things), I don't even know how "haole" is supposed to be pronounced (which should tell you of its validity and usage), and we'd consider Americans to be stupid before we consider them full-of-shit. Plus, the reasons stated for "seppo" contradicts the reason presented by the first website!

The lemonade thing was completely separate. If you actually read it,(the other one) they are saying "This is what people in those countries call foreigners (especially Americans)", not that those where Australasian slang. Gringo and "haole" are used on Americans by Mexicans and Hawaiians, according to that sight. Urban Dictionary.Com is not a source for anything ever.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3475 on: January 15, 2015, 12:41:37 am »

$$$
A race that, when killed, instead of dying travel one day into the future and are fully rejuvenated.

A race that gains strength (10% of the dead's best attibute. Examples being speed, strength, magical ability, intelligence, attractiveness...) every time someone dies near them, and three times as much when they kill someone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: January 15, 2015, 12:43:37 am »

$$$
A race that, when killed, instead of dying travel one day into the future and are fully rejuvenated.

A race that gains strength (10% of the dead's best attibute. Examples being speed, strength, magical ability, intelligence, attractiveness...) every time someone dies near them, and three times as much when they kill someone.

Add those two together and you got an infinite attribute glitch in the making  :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: January 15, 2015, 12:55:12 am »

The lemonade thing was completely separate. If you actually read it,(the other one) they are saying "This is what people in those countries call foreigners (especially Americans)", not that those where Australasian slang. Gringo and "haole" are used on Americans by Mexicans and Hawaiians, according to that sight. Urban Dictionary.Com is not a source for anything ever.
If you're talking about Yahoo Answers, notice how the guy said it was mostly in use in WWII. Actually, I don't even know why I'm arguing about this. I shouldn't have to.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: January 15, 2015, 12:58:53 am »

If you're talking about Yahoo Answers, notice how the guy said it was mostly in use in WWII. Actually, I don't even know why I'm arguing about this. I shouldn't have to.

One guy did, the other two didn't. And you are arguing about this because you, like me, have nothing better to do at the moment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: January 15, 2015, 01:05:21 am »

Malakath can beat Fusil in a fight.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 350