Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435657 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3405 on: January 11, 2015, 02:32:05 am »

EDIT: Darruth does not appreciate/approve Malakath's attempting Guilting of the God of Goodness. By the God of Blood and Souls.
What do Malakath's spheres have anything to do with it? So does Darruth only care about the lives of innocent people so long as they worship him primarily? I'm not sure how that makes him any different from Fusil.

He cares, sure. However, they signed up for it, their souls are still okay and to a certain point that's what Darruth has come to care about, due to pessimissm seeping in, and he's just a little bit too busy with his own shit to try and fix Malakath's problems for her.

Mostly, it pisses him off that a god who isn't even a god of a philosophical concept is trying to define Good...to the God of it. It's rather...arrogant isn't quite a strong enough word...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: January 11, 2015, 02:34:25 am »

Mostly, it pisses him off that a god who isn't even a god of a philosophical concept is trying to define Good...to the God of it. It's rather...arrogant isn't quite a strong enough word...
Ah, so similar to describing the effects of blood magic to the goddess of Blood who created blood magic in the first place. I can totally relate.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: January 11, 2015, 02:51:00 am »

-snip-
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: January 11, 2015, 02:54:01 am »

Eh.

Darruth didn't make Goodness.

My head-canon is that Darruth and other (true) followers of Goodness see the concept of Goodness as a presiding natural force or dimension, just barely out of sync with reality, in which the laws of nature are determined by whether something is Good or Evil.

Which sounds very cultish and mass-voluntary-hallucination-ish, but that's intentional.

But on the other hand, if it's not real(and half the idea is that it can't be proven either way), then in a way he did create it, if in a weird, backwards, subconscious/hallucination sort of way.

It's more like a Protestant Pastor trying to tell the Pope about how God thinks. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3409 on: January 11, 2015, 04:14:45 am »

Distribution of rare elements: The article on siderophiles explains it quite nicely for those interested in the details. It explains why gold, platinum, palladium, and a number of other metals typically perceived to be precious are relatively enriched in the core compared to the crust.
Parasites and genestealers: These parasites seem to be more direct than genestealers, which if I remember correctly, alternated through three or four-generational stages.
PEQ and combat ability standardization: Interestingly, the sample values provided would put Kyloth at ∞ as well...
"Lies:" I cannot help but point out that Stirk typed in "Lied" instead of "Lies." :P
Quartz_Mace and Rolepgeek: The details of your occupation crisis were kept in PMs under the assumption that neither of you would want to risk leaking critical information to attentive watchers. Would you rather have them exposed on IC?
Rolepgeek (uniqueness): It's probably a lack of motivation of the terrifying kind. Different players also have different preferred methods of accomplishing their goals, some of which are less expensive and special because of their more limited scope.

$$$
Teleport all the parasites "away" (into the sun/in magma under the earth/in deep space/etc.): 3-4E
Kill all parasites: 3-4E (slightly different)
Kyloth's hammer removes Void influence: 10E
100 dragon angels as described: ~70E (the fire is interpreted as being much better than normal angel fire, which would otherwise be a 0E built-in) (flight is included in the 4E template) (the default form being that of a dragon makes it marginally more expensive but may be worth it)
100 winged dragon servants (race; mortal; no angel template): 4-5E

Propagation/number costs are going to be a bit unstable over the next few days as I attempt to rebalance it such that it remains fairly consistent with the old system for common values but such that the difference between making thousands and millions is smaller than the difference between making trillions and quadrillions. Angel costs are closer to linear than logarithmic.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: January 11, 2015, 05:10:20 am »

A few you missed

Rock monster
Magic Librarian
Magical Library
Bazaar of the Bizarre
Whatevermancy
Multi-Armed and Dangerous
Combat Tentacles
Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: January 11, 2015, 05:22:55 am »

You know, it's polite to actually make necessary additions/changes to wiki pages rather than just mentioning them.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: January 11, 2015, 05:36:32 am »

I can't edit the page any more. Why?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: January 11, 2015, 05:37:24 am »

It is, and I will, tomorow. Today I am bussy craming for an exam. Just threw a few out in case anyone decides to become dedicated troper.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: January 11, 2015, 05:37:57 am »

Edit locked, probably.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: January 11, 2015, 01:33:29 pm »

in all likelihood, from what I can tell are your edits concerning Malakath; being biased.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: January 11, 2015, 04:52:38 pm »

They are most certainly biased. Luckily I have you guys to even it all out!

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: January 11, 2015, 05:07:56 pm »

So I'm thinking about the spin-off (a pipe dream at this point) and I wondered which setting you guys would like more:
  • Players as gods in a world where the Void has covered the world in darkness and abominations where the now weak gods must fight back with what they have
  • The above setting but play as a single adventurer
  • Playing as a single adventurer in the standard Ye Gods setting
The third spin-off sounds like the best.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: January 12, 2015, 01:48:19 am »

The discussions page on TV Tropes is now in use.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3419 on: January 12, 2015, 02:40:38 am »

Changing wiki content myself: I claim the excuse that as a creator, I probably shouldn't be modifying it myself. Also, I want to get nice grades for once. :P

It's funny how a stealth-unsupport to avoid paying for a proposal actually did happen just now. I'm not sure if I mentioned it when the proposal restricting payment to supporters was going around, but it was a concern leading to the initial default rule that abstainers also contribute, thus putting a bit of social control to keep people from wiggling out of having to pay for proposals just before resolution (because opposing a formerly supported proposal looks worse colloquially and stuff). It's not a good or bad thing to me, but some may disagree when applied to a polarizing proposal I predict may come out at some point in the next two ticks...

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 350