Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 437920 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #2700 on: December 14, 2014, 10:43:40 pm »

How much would you pay to try shooting Serac in the face?
....That sounds weird when you put it like that. In real life or in game? I would pay to shoot at a God just to say I did, especially if that God doesn't hold a grudge. Fusil would do it without spending anything next time you make him angry.
In the game. How much essence would you pay for Fusil to have a chance to shoot Serac in the face? No essence spending, but as long as Serac lives you can use any weapon you have.

Serac can cure disease and have the patient survive, which is better. They would even stop being contagious!
Yes, but he would have to spend essence, and would take centuries. All the gun has to spend is a bullet and a few fractions of a second!
But the patient doesn't live, and a gun would require a helper to do that. Serac doesn't.

Can a gun design and build a working airship?
Can a gun count to -1?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: December 14, 2014, 11:05:41 pm »

In the game. How much essence would you pay for Fusil to have a chance to shoot Serac in the face? No essence spending, but as long as Serac lives you can use any weapon you have.

I can do that any time I want *shrugs*. You kept the egg, after all.

But the patient doesn't live, and a gun would require a helper to do that. Serac doesn't.

Serac can't do nothin' with the GM! Checkmate *Chchuck!*

Can a gun design and build a working airship?

A gun can shoot one down, so what is the point?

Can a gun count to -1?

*POP!* Three *POP!* Two *POP* One! *POP* Zero! *POP* -1!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: December 14, 2014, 11:24:32 pm »

That's you counting down. Not the gun.

You have to pull the trigger, after all.

A gun can't bring down an airship, don't be ridiculous.

Those are called cannons.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: December 14, 2014, 11:29:07 pm »

That's you counting down. Not the gun.

Weapon spirit.

You have to pull the trigger, after all.

Engineering can fix that.
A gun can't bring down an airship, don't be ridiculous.

Those are called cannons.

*Shakes head in disappointment*

Cannons are guns. No matter what definition you look at. "Gun support". It is likely why the military uses the term "rifle" for their rifles (this is my rifle, this is my gun, ever heard of that?). Anti-Aircraft guns can easily shoot down an airship ::).

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: December 14, 2014, 11:36:52 pm »

Is this really the most eventful thing going on today? Wondering if dogs go to heaven?
U jus mad cos its 2 deep 4 u .

Weapon spirit.
Also known as a Human soul.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: December 14, 2014, 11:39:46 pm »

Those aren't real things, though if we're bringing magic into it...

Magic shielding is a thing.

Also, what sorts of airships are you flyin' boy? They should be far enough above any anti-aircraft guns that they can't do nuthin' to 'em.

And in what way can engineering allow a gun to fire itself? Something still has to make the decision to pull the trigger.

And of course, there's the fact that there's an engineer who has to go through the effort of setting it p, which guns can't do.

Why are we arguing about this when it's just Stirk being ridiculous as per usual?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: December 14, 2014, 11:54:45 pm »

Those aren't real things, though if we're bringing magic into it...

If it bugs you so much, just say near-future talking guns with bullet counting feature.

Magic shielding is a thing.

So are anti-magic shielding bullets.

Also, what sorts of airships are you flyin' boy? They should be far enough above any anti-aircraft guns that they can't do nuthin' to 'em.

In WWII, some AA guns had a ceiling of 11 miles. They aren't modern guns, and they didn't have a God helping them.

And in what way can engineering allow a gun to fire itself? Something still has to make the decision to pull the trigger.

Remove a pin and it will never stop! Just needs infinite ammo.

And of course, there's the fact that there's an engineer who has to go through the effort of setting it p, which guns can't do.

Well if they are designed to do so in the first place. That is like saying "You can't give birth to yourself".

Why are we arguing about this when it's just Stirk being ridiculous as per usual?

Such an insult. Push out warning KJP!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2707 on: December 14, 2014, 11:58:54 pm »

My airships are powered by floatstone, which is a rock... And can your cannons even reach that high without an airship of their own? No.
Plus, my airships can drop rocks on you from above while your cannon is failing to hit it.

I can do that any time I want *shrugs*. You kept the egg, after all.
¿What? You let me keep the egg... You could take it back if you want. It doesn't do anything anyways.

Serac can't do nothin' with the GM! Checkmate *Chchuck!*
I think you mean without?
And you still ignore the fact that my way ends without a fatality.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: December 15, 2014, 12:05:53 am »

My airships are powered by floatstone, which is a rock... And can your cannons even reach that high without an airship of their own? No.

Like I said, you would have to go more than 11 miles up. If I only used WWII tech. And that is if we are just firing from the ground. You seem to forget that all the Armu can do unassisted space flight to far off moons...

¿What? You let me keep the egg... You could take it back if you want. It doesn't do anything anyways.

*Shrugs* I wonder what that egg really does?

I think you mean without?

I ain't not mean that.

And you still ignore the fact that my way ends without a fatality.

That is true. But you ignore *chachink!* *catches perfectly good shell*.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:09:17 am by Stirk »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: December 15, 2014, 12:25:28 am »

Like I said, you would have to go more than 11 miles up. If I only used WWII tech. And that is if we are just firing from the ground. You seem to forget that all the Armu can do unassisted space flight to far off moons...
That reminds me of a question I've wanted to ask ever since I thought of it right now! How do the Armu fly?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: December 15, 2014, 12:27:28 am »

Fire their guns at their foot-analogues until the recoil propels them up?

Edit: http://what-if.xkcd.com/21/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:34:50 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: December 15, 2014, 12:29:35 am »

That reminds me of a question I've wanted to ask ever since I thought of it right now! How do the Armu fly?

Depends on the Armu. Some fly recklessly, like the hotshots and teenagers, while some do it incredibly carefully, like the elderly and naturally cautious. Some do it pretty well, some do it poorly. Like anything, really.

***EDIT***

In all seriousness, I always just kind of imagined them "swimming" through the sky, like they where pulling on a series of invisible monkey bars. Alternatively, you can always imagine them spinning around like helicopter, just floating, or spontaneously forming fighter airplanes around themselves.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:40:54 am by Stirk »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: December 15, 2014, 01:44:34 am »

Alright then. I call bullshit. Assuming that they did somehow manage to fly like that (magic exists so whatever) they wouldn't have gotten to the moons in such a short amount of time, or possibly even at all.

With all our advanced propulsion it takes a year just to get to Mars, and that's the closest planet next to us. A gas giant on the other hand would need to be quite a bit further away to prevent it from damaging the planet itself through gravitational forces, so it would take even longer for an RL craft to get from Keshan to Konva. (RL it would take us 6 years to go from Earth to Jupiter) The Armu use magic which would in all likelihood be worse than what we had today so it would take them even longer. It should've been several Ticks until they managed to reach the moons without divine intervention (Fusil gave them the capability to survive in space and told them to go to the moons, but he didn't port them there.)

Even worse than that, they simply wouldn't have been able to get there at all. Considering the time it takes to get there, they could simply suffer from mana burnout and die, could starve to death and die, could run out of water and die....you get what I'm saying. (What do Armu consume again? How do they even reproduce? I forget.) Even if they managed to solve this logistical quandary, the chance that they'd reach Konva at all is next to nothing. We have expert scientist guys, computers, tons of space tech, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting that lets them calculate a route to other bodies. They have to calculate for acceleration, velocity, atmosphere, gravity, and time. The Armu do not have expert scientist guys, computers, or any space tech that'll let them calculate a route to get to Konva.

In conclusion, the Armu can survive in space but it's unlikely they could even make it to their own planetary moon, let alone the nigh-invisible (from Keshan) moons orbiting a planet itself far enough away to look minuscule to a terrestrial observer.

Spirit Jumper
A Yaos-aligned, half-Human sapient soul capable of jumping into a sentient, non-sapient animal and merging its soul with it. The half-Human half-whatever soul will continue to be sapient and capable of worship, but only barely. It is able to jump into the bodies of other animals, leaving its old body with a full (non-Human) soul but will eventually find a body it likes and stay in it. It is capable of mating with non-Spirit Jumpers, so long as their bodies are of the same species.
Its children will all be born as Spirit Jumpers. Three out of five of its children will decide to stay in their born bodies. The other two will eventually choose a new body, leaving its old body with a full, pure animal soul and its soul becoming half-Human and half-whatever animal it merges with.
Spirit Jumpers are also capable of talking. Guess why. Guess. (Hint: there are two right answers.)

Sky Walker
An incorporeal, immortal, pacifistic Human that lives in space and eats solar radiation. They are capable of taking temporary corporeal forms (also capable of surviving in space) for a short time (an hour a day, maybe? Let's leave this ambiguous.)

$$$
Price check on creating a single Spirit Jumper
Price check on creating 300 Spirit Jumpers
Price check on creating 2500 Spirit Jumpers
Price check on propagating Spirit Jumpers from 1 to 300
Price check on propagating Spirit Jumpers from 1 to 2500
(I probably won't ask for so many diverse price checks on one race again, but having this kind of reference will help in the future.)
Price check on creating a Sky Walker
Price check on propagating Sky Walkers from 1 to 2500

There! Almost entirely original races! The only thing unoriginal about the Sky Walkers is the name, and there's a good chance that the Spirit Jumpers are fully original. I was thinking about possessing an animal which made me think about the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness (where the protagonist can send his spirit into other beings for a short time but that's it) and I don't know which train of thought led me to the idea of Spirit Jumpers.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 02:52:17 am by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: December 15, 2014, 01:08:49 pm »

For some reason, the name Sky Walker made me think of Avatar. The James Cameron movie.

Don't ask me why.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: December 15, 2014, 03:35:56 pm »

Weapon spirit.
What about Kitchen Spirits? :P
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 350