Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 437977 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #2670 on: December 14, 2014, 03:20:11 pm »

Kyloth?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: December 14, 2014, 03:20:23 pm »

What the hell were you trying to create?
Something secret.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: December 14, 2014, 03:26:39 pm »

Kyloth?

His castle-sized Archangel with a nuclear hammer.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: December 14, 2014, 03:29:23 pm »

Ahhh,Not something nearly so OP,just wanted to create something to protect the kobolds,also what are sentient populations,hundreds,thousands,millions,or more?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: December 14, 2014, 03:32:28 pm »

Ahhh,Not something nearly so OP,just wanted to create something to protect the kobolds,also what are sentient populations,hundreds,thousands,millions,or more?

Well he probably spent 23~ essence upgrading it, of course. Sentient populations are populations of thinking, free willed, beings who can give essence via worship, their numbers do not matter. Most important species are at ~3mil each.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: December 14, 2014, 03:32:55 pm »

also what are sentient populations,hundreds,thousands,millions,or more?
Humans, Gruen and Armu in the millions, others in the thousands, IIRC. There's still plenty of room for your kobolds on both planets, don't worry.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: December 14, 2014, 03:37:21 pm »

Humans, Gruen and Armu in the millions, others in the thousands, IIRC. There's still plenty of room for your kobolds on both planets, don't worry.

So are the Seppo and the (completely forgotten by everyone) mermaids, I think the Night Elves where in the millions too, the Dwarfs and the rest of Azem's species might have been in the millions if I remember correctly, along with most people pet races.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: December 14, 2014, 03:44:43 pm »

Yeah I meant base body. Base body was 6E. Huge ass walking castle. Upgrades raise the whole cost to 30E+
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: December 14, 2014, 03:45:00 pm »

The word both you and LuckyKobold are looking for is sapience. In this game anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: December 14, 2014, 05:22:13 pm »

Some real life stuff came up. Probably won't bother going into stasis but I likely will not be participating much if at all for about 4 days.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: December 14, 2014, 05:53:40 pm »

So what's the difference between a non-sentient, sentient, and a sapient? It's already been explained in terms of game mechanics but there's a bit of grey in terms of the difference between a sentient and a non-sentient. Lions, for example, aren't controlled automatons so are they sentient or non-sentient? What about dogs? If ants are non-sentient, is the queen sentient?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: December 14, 2014, 06:10:33 pm »

Let me give you an example. Wolves are sentient. Lycae and Wolf-men are sapient.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:12:23 pm by Vgray »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: December 14, 2014, 06:16:39 pm »

Sentience is the ability to distinguish oneself from one's environment without outside assistance, and as far as I know the ability to make decisions for oneself, to a degree.
Sapience is the ability to reason and think about those decisions, I believe.

There's no hard distinction between them, or even all three of them; it's a sliding scale. Humans are smarter than dolphins(we think?) which are smarter than chimpanzees which are smarter than elephants which are smarter than crows which are smarter than dogs which are smarter than lizards which are smarter than ants, which are smarter than computers, which are smarter than guns, which are smarter than rocks.

I think. I'm just going off Sapience>Sentience>Non-Sentience
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: December 14, 2014, 06:24:51 pm »

Let me give you an example. Wolves are sentient. Lycae and Wolf-men are sapient.

This is right, I think. KJP should probably put the definition on the big first page list, we had this conversation several times now.

Sentience is the ability to distinguish oneself from one's environment without outside assistance, and as far as I know the ability to make decisions for oneself, to a degree.
Sapience is the ability to reason and think about those decisions, I believe.

There's no hard distinction between them, or even all three of them; it's a sliding scale. Humans are smarter than dolphins(we think?) which are smarter than chimpanzees which are smarter than elephants which are smarter than crows which are smarter than dogs which are smarter than lizards which are smarter than ants, which are smarter than computers, which are smarter than guns, which are smarter than rocks.

I think. I'm just going off Sapience>Sentience>Non-Sentience

That is wrong. You could, for example, make sentient but not sapient wolves that are more intelligent than all of the sentient races, but you would never be able to gain essence from their worship. Here, "sentient" means, essentially "thinking". "Sapient" means "thinking, alive, free will, gives worship" among other things. Wolves that go around with finger-mounted flamethrowers could still not be sentient, while a race of near brainless rocks could be sapient.

Also, chimpanzees are smarter than dolphins, and dogs are smarter than crows, and guns are smarter than humans. Did you just put random items in a list or something?

Found the quote from back when I was making Tykki:

Sapience in this game is (mechanically speaking) the trait that allows a creation to worship and recognize divine authority. Mixing it with mind control does not tend to work very well. Sentience is (mechanically speaking) the trait that allows a creation to feel anything at all (e.g. fear, pain, pleasure, hunger) and react accordingly without necessarily being able to reason about choice of god. Sentience is significantly cheaper than sapience. Sapience includes sentience by necessity.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:29:09 pm by Stirk »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: December 14, 2014, 06:28:54 pm »

Prove it.

The bit about which stuff is smarter than which, that is.

Sentience and sapience are so poorly defined right now that arguing that would be useless and annoying for all involved.

I wonder what the dictionary definition of them are...

Edit: By the way, when I said 'smarter', I meant 'higher on the Sapience/Sentience/Non scale'.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 350