Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 436211 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1485 on: November 21, 2014, 09:10:41 pm »

Also, how much essence would creating a warrior race cost, if I wanted them to start out at 50,000 or so?

Speaking of which, how many Seraphim are there?
Don't have them start out with so many. It's cheaper to propagate a race than to prototype one. Creating 300 and propagating them to 50k is cheaper than creating 50k.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1486 on: November 21, 2014, 09:16:50 pm »

Question, why is my Essence only 8? I had 6 last tick, and I get 4-5 per turn...

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 21, 2014, 09:20:02 pm »

Question, why is my Essence only 8? I had 6 last tick, and I get 4-5 per turn...

You don't, that is not your income. There are some complex maths involved, which use numbers that only GM knows.

On other news, fun things yet again are happening just when I decide that I realy should be sleeping at 4 am.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1488 on: November 21, 2014, 09:31:50 pm »

Rolepgeek: It's more expensive because it takes far too long to check many hypothetical additions. It'll be far cheaper if you just assemble a few variations and request checks for them. It's 2E for prototyping your special armor.

Healing probably fits well enought with Goodness. I interpret divine magic as being somewhat more broad than the god's interpretation because mortals are typically not bound by them.

A warrior race would vary in cost mostly based on boosts, I imagine. A non-boosted war-tending race would have a base cost of High 2-3E, just like normal races.

I believe there are a few thousand Seraphim.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum: The range value is a measurement of worship units based on worship quality and quantity. It's a component of Essence income but not actually Essence income.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 21, 2014, 09:43:28 pm »

Andres, have you been waching "If Emperor had a text-to-speech device" lately?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 21, 2014, 09:45:48 pm »

Andres, have you been waching "If Emperor had a text-to-speech device" lately?
What with the what now?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1491 on: November 21, 2014, 09:53:09 pm »

At this rate, it is going to take forever to get enough essence for my cloak... :-(

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 21, 2014, 09:56:01 pm »

@Andres Link
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:59:01 pm by DreamerGhost »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 21, 2014, 10:19:37 pm »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 21, 2014, 10:21:34 pm »

Rolepgeek: It's more expensive because it takes far too long to check many hypothetical additions. It'll be far cheaper if you just assemble a few variations and request checks for them. It's 2E for prototyping your special armor.
Ah, for prototyping. After prototyping, how much would it cost to enable my followers to make more, or commission the Seppo to? Or to simply begin mass production?

Um, they weren't supposed to be individual additions, though, it was meant to be all in one package(I was just trying to be detailed for convenience instead of saying 'Better Magic Armor' and 'EVEN BETTERER MAGIC ARMOROR'...)....sorry if I didn't make that clear. There were only meant to be the three variations: Low, Mid, and High(High is called Godplate (hush Stirk, it's not from Shardplate, the name itself is from DnD 4.0 and also it sounds cool), since it does basically everything ever).

How much to propagate the Seraphim to 200K or so?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: November 21, 2014, 10:23:45 pm »

hush Stirk, it's not from Shardplate, the name itself is from DnD 4.0 and also it sounds cool), since it does basically everything ever).

....You don't get this "No Expy" rule do you?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: November 21, 2014, 10:27:32 pm »

Let me put it this way Stirk:

Since I'm not doing it for the express purpose of expying, and, in this case, am only getting a name(would you like to claim that Yaos' Paladins were expies?) from something, which I actually came up with more or less on it's own then remembered what it was from:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1497 on: November 21, 2014, 10:27:49 pm »

Stirk and Rolepgeek, I will manage this situation. Let's not turn the flame wars into a horrible running gag.

Simply naming things based on references does not necessarily violate the Ersatz rule.

Rolepgeek: If they contain all the features described, then they'll still be very expensive. Probably a lot less than from adding the results of the previous price check, but still high in cost. Is something like that what you meant? I'm not sure how segmented the features were meant to be for Low, Medium, and High.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: November 21, 2014, 10:30:29 pm »

Seppo are only good at making weapons, anyway. They don't make armour.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: November 21, 2014, 10:33:12 pm »

Rolepgeek: If they contain all the features described, then they'll still be very expensive. Probably a lot less than from adding the results of the previous price check, but still high in cost. Is something like that what you meant? I'm not sure how segmented the features were meant to be for Low, Medium, and High.

The three paragraphs were meant to be the various things. The first was Low(aka the Faultless more or less by itself), the second was Medium, the third was high.

Though I suppose they'd be effective to match their price? Hopefully?

@Stirk/Andres/Someone: Aw, they don't? So they're not blacksmiths, just weaponsmiths?

Damnation.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 350