Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435365 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1245 on: November 16, 2014, 06:17:58 pm »

Yeah but the laser itself is pretty basic and not very cool-looking.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 16, 2014, 06:30:43 pm »

And none of these big fancy battleships and battlestations with the word "Star" in their names actually destroy stars.  :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 16, 2014, 07:22:11 pm »

The Sun Crusher did.

It was also the size of a fighter and appeared to be layered in crystal.

Also; my angels are gonna be more plot-based than munchkin based(though I'm counting on Plot Power to accomplish stuff, in the part of my mind that concerns itself with 'winning').
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 16, 2014, 08:35:41 pm »

Heroes of Might and Magic Z : Ye Gods Edition

So, in an attempt to get some inspiration and enthusiasm back, I've been doing some thought to writing up the Star Elves as a faction in the style of pretending that this game (Or at least the current/recent war), was a Heroes of Might and Magic type game.

And then I decided I should write up some base structure first in case anyone else wanted to make their own chosen race/followers as well, and because I find doing such work fun, generally speaking. (Also because, for those unfortunate enough not to know this great game, HOMM has had several rulesets in its seven game life. Resources has changed, unit tiers have changed, heroes have changed, how magic works has changed...)

Also if anyone else does make their own town/faction, this'll be a place where I can keep links to them all for ease of finding them later. (I've probably forgotten a few things as I make this, but I can always add more things as they come up.)

General Information
Units : There's been three main varieties of how units are set up in the main game line. Before Heroes IV, there were six to seven tiers of creatures, some with a single upgrade. Heroes IV changed it to only four tiers, with no unit upgrades, but each tier had two units in it. While both tier one units could be built at any location, towns had to choose between the higher tier units for what to produce. (IE, the tier 3 nature units where the unicorn and the griffon. A town that upgraded to build unicorns was unable to build the dwelling for griffons, and vice versa for the ones that made griffon dwellings.) Heroes V then went back to having only one unit a tier and seven tiers in all, but expansions offered the choice between two different upgrades for each unit, with each town only being able to produce a single upgrade. Lastly, from Heroes VI on, the tier system was utterly dropped, and instead each faction/city has three common units, three elite units, and two champion units available to it.

This is basically a long winded way of saying I liked how Heroes V did it, so I'm going to set how units work as seven tiers of units each with two mutually exclusive upgrades.

Unit Stats : Units have several different stats. These stats are Attack, Defense, Damage Range, Initiative, Speed, and Health. If you actually want to know how attack and defense effect things, look here. Otherwise you are permitted to, like I shall, make up reasonable sounding numbers for those two stats by looking at what other units have. Damage Range is how much damage a unit can do. If it only has one number, then each creature always does that much damage. (IE, Monster X with a Damage Range of 2 does 2 damage per Monster X unit in the Monster X stack.) Initiative is who goes first. The higher a units Initiative, the sooner in a round they get to move. Attackers win Initiative ties. Speed is how many hexes they can move in combat. Health is how much damage each unit can take.

The last two numerical values of importance are cost and Weekly Growth. Cost is how much a unit costs in both gold and other materials. (Duh. Also, not all units cost other materials. Most only cost gold.) Weekly Growth is how many reinforcements of that unit type a dwelling produces per week.

Heroes : There's been a lot of different ways heroes have worked in these games, but I'll cut short a long explanation for this section by saying that each side should have two different hero classes associated with it. One magic class and one might class. Each class should have two abilities/skills associated with that class. Instead of driving someone insane by trying to make up all the skills, instead we'll just grow the list of skills by the fact that every time someone makes a new city they're probably going to make up at least one new skill for their hero classes. And if no one else makes any cities/factions, well, at least you'll know what skills the Star Elf heroes are likely to start with!

Also if it ever matters the four hero stats are Attack, Defense, Spell Power, and Wisdom.

Magic : Iesh, this is a scary thing to look at. Almost every HOMM game has had its own magical system, and Ye Gods already has its own as well. In the interests of sanity and keeping things simple, I'm going to simply say that for use in HOMM Z : Ye Gods Edition, these are the kinds of magic units and heroes can access. Elemental (Separated up into Fire, Water, Earth, and Air schools), Illusion, Necromancy, Divine, Celestial, and lastly Eldritch for all those evil cultists out there. With nine schools, I'd really prefer not to inflate the list any more, but if anyone has a good argument for why another type of magic should be listed (Instead of just representing anything with it by giving said unit a new ability/trait) I'll... well, at least listen very closely.

Resources : Right, we'll just copy HOMM III for resources and then avoid driving ourselves nuts by trying to actually give accurate costs to everything. That said, resources are therefor Gold, Wood, Ore, Gems, Mercury, Sulfur, and Crystals.

Town Buildings : I don't really see the need to go in depth on town buildings when we can assume the basics (Mage's Guild, Marketplace, Unit Dwellings, Walls, Town Hall, and so on), are just there. That said, each town probably should have one or two unique buildings, as well as a unique wall upgrade, to help add character and playing style.

Town List (If this actually gets popular, I'll make it its own thread, but until someone else actually decides this looks fun enough to do themselves, I don't want to make a whole new thread for just the Star Elves Cavern when I asked our great Game Master if I could post the town in the OOC thread and he said yes.)
Star Elves - Chasm (Forthcoming)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:19:28 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1249 on: November 16, 2014, 08:49:38 pm »

$$$Response
Group Jumpers: (Presumably you want at least a halving of risk)
Level 1: 1 Human: +0-1E
Level 2: 5 Humans/1 Angel: +1-2E
Level 3: 2 Angels/1 Archangel: +2-4E

Happerry: That's actually quite a substantial start. Good luck! :D

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 16, 2014, 09:38:46 pm »

Price checks:
Creating Paladins to defend the people and spread Goodness.
Empowering my clergy to help those in need, and to assist in the spreading of Goodness.
Consider the costs of creating a Prophet. Consider what a Prophet even is/does.
CHOCOBOS FUCK YEAH (Plus colors?)
...Horses....
Unicorns
Pegasi
Griffons
Co-Op Mermaid Project with Noren(yes, this is me making the offer, OOC-wise)
Naiads/Dryads/Various Fae

Not a Price check
Moral ramifications of and the potential effectiveness of spread Good through the use of fire-and-brimstone-esque preachers to show people their inner Evil, and allow them to recognize their folly and habits, so that they might be put on the path to recovering from them. Consult Palatino and check on/with the Seraphs about this, ask them what they think.
Consider if there are any species beyond those listed in the Bestiary, barring those created since it was last updated.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1251 on: November 16, 2014, 10:03:27 pm »

Paladins: Need more detail; could be anywhere from 0 to 4.
Empowering clergy: Free as divine/clerical magic: Is this what is intended?
Create a prophet: Depends on how prophet-y you want it.
Case 1: Just the title of Prophet, magically signed and notarized by you: 0
Case 2: The title of Prophet and a boost to persuasiveness and devotion and maybe foresight: 1
Case 3: The title of Prophet and a boost to persuasiveness and devotion and maybe foresight and improved divine magic: Low 1-2
Chocobos: Needs more detail
Horses: 0E
Unicorns: 0E for non-magical, 1-2E for slightly magical
Pegasi: 0E for non-magical, 1-2E for slightly magical
Griffons: 0E for non-magical, 1-2E for slightly magical
2 000 or so sapient mermaids (with or without valuable bones) (total cost)
with Neron: High 3-4E
Naiads/Dryads/Various Fae: Need more details, esp. sapience

Using firebrand preachers to spread Good: Probably helps polarize opinions on Goodness, nudging toward positive opinions
There are likely to be species outside the Bestiary. Not all creations are publicly announced (often for pragmatic reasons).

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1252 on: November 16, 2014, 10:07:08 pm »

There was my bubbles of silence that are not in the bestiary...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 16, 2014, 10:08:09 pm »

"Yaos" wrote the bestiary, so it is to be expected that he missed some things. Especially things made before he was here, and seem to have been forgotten.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1254 on: November 16, 2014, 10:10:57 pm »

Create bubble spren, that appear when things are silent around a person and whisper wisdom to them. When a sound comes, they pop and disappear!
Yeah, but all of my other stuff is in there.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 16, 2014, 10:54:23 pm »

Creating Paladins to defend the people and spread Goodness.
I needed to spend 2 Essence to decipher Lyle's patent law, right?

Horses: 0E
Unicorns: 0E for non-magical, 1-2E for slightly magical
Pegasi: 0E for non-magical, 1-2E for slightly magical
Griffons: 0E for non-magical, 1-2E for slightly magical
Joha - the goddess of Life - needed to spend Essence to create dogs and wargs. Neither of them were magical.

Then could you please send me a link to the Bubbles of Silence? Wait, weren't they called Bubble Spren?

"Yaos" wrote the bestiary, so it is to be expected that he missed some things. Especially things made before he was here, and seem to have been forgotten.
That has more to do with the Features list being incomplete and the fact that I don't get enough links to peoples' creations.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1256 on: November 16, 2014, 10:58:26 pm »

Patents: I don't and won't care, as has previously been mentioned.

Domesticated animals require Essence, but wildlife don't. Now if those unicorns, horses, pegasi, or griffons were created for the specific purpose of domestication, then there would be a 1-2E cost (combined with the magicalness modifier).

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 16, 2014, 11:02:51 pm »

Can horses and ghe like be domesticated without need of essence, by having the sentient races do it?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1258 on: November 16, 2014, 11:05:06 pm »

Yes, but it will take time. You can nudge it along for 1-2, of course.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 16, 2014, 11:12:16 pm »

All these little costs add up, don't they?

Is the numbers next to our essence totals our income/Worship Units?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 350