Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435861 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #450 on: October 23, 2014, 06:55:17 pm »

I sincerely hope that was an IC exclamation and not actually OOC because if that was OOC, we may end up losing the entire game to a flame war soon.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 23, 2014, 06:58:49 pm »

So selfish
!?
Making us wait a whole three hours for the next turn just so you can improve the entire gaming experience for everyone with visual representations of the world we create and inhabit. Truly this is the epitome of what can be called self-serving. /joke ;D
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #452 on: October 23, 2014, 07:03:01 pm »

I can't seem to parse how literally that was supposed to be taken, but I'll assume it was a compliment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 23, 2014, 07:08:55 pm »

It was. :) Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this. I guess that's two things I can't do any more: fluff and jokes. :/
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 23, 2014, 07:14:33 pm »

Text based communication is inherently confusing to me any time things need to be expressed that would usually be accompanied by tone, gestures, etc. It lacks the personal element which leads to a lot of confused interpretation for me at least. The different faces 8) are somewhat of a clarifying substitute I suppose but still can be misleading.

Agreed in that case. Thanks for making, maintaining and improving such a great game.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 23, 2014, 09:26:07 pm »

I'm just gonna repost some stuff here so you don't have to look back to see what's going on and also because I have another price check.

$$$
Price checks on:
  • Making 100 combat-enhanced humans become unaging
  • A warrior angel
  • Combining a generic warrior angel and a Humanos Grande to create a massive humanoid monstrosity towering at 40 metres tall. It remains inactive until a human pilot enters it, at which point it is controlled by said pilot. Like the Humanos Controlados, the angel-Humanos hybrid is psi-linked to a single, specific human. Unlike Humanos Controlados, however, it can assume control if it feels the pilot needs the help, if the pilot goes unconscious, and remains active even if the pilot dies. Something that should be of note is that the angel-Humanos hybrid is not sapient and when active on its own is much, MUCH more violent than a mere Humanos and also has much better combat skills. This is due to combining the mental conditioning required of a warrior angel with the mindlessness of a Humanos Grande. Each of these hybrids is unique in appearance and will all be granted their own unique set of armour
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:28:02 pm by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 24, 2014, 12:02:22 am »

For future reference, my computer runs windows 8.1 and the browser I usually use is Internet Explorer.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 24, 2014, 12:03:40 am »

A double whammy for bad choices. :P

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #458 on: October 24, 2014, 12:39:41 am »

I assume your connection problems were keeping the map from loading based on the modem distance thing. I've split the map up into four pieces to make it easier to load at all

((First of all, wow. Holy crap that is awesome!
Second, is that orange stuff desert? Why is there so much desert in the middle of what I assume to be a forest? What about that yellow stuff? A legend for the terrain would be nice.
Thirdly, you got the geography of the human settlements wrong. After the Angel-Emperor revealed himself, he united all other humans and centralised the race's entire population (on Keshan, at least). This allowed for two Attack on Titan style walls to be built around its entire territory. They're basically Great Walls of China except much larger and they're actually supposed to keep enemies out.))
Concentrating 3 million humans previously scattered all over the world into such a small, contiguous area with the current technology level is frankly implausible. I've already taken some liberties with population and relative ability to even appear on the map so as to make it interesting and stuffing so many humans would basically amount to godmoding and ruin the whole point of this exercise. The map only measures around 40 miles/70 kilometers on a side, and, assuming Earth-like size and land proportions, occupies only 0.003% of the land area. Also, I mostly trust the DF world generator's judgment on placing most of the settlements.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 24, 2014, 12:46:35 am »

Also I'd bet that a lot of them said 'screw it' when ordered to leave their home and such even if that order was given out.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 24, 2014, 12:49:33 am »

Gah. The gods of weather and satellites have decided it's not happening. Even next to the modem.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #461 on: October 24, 2014, 12:59:41 am »

I hope the connection improves. Is the connection also unstable for other sites?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 24, 2014, 01:01:17 am »

Is tick 13 coming soon? I really don't want to be rude or rushing or anything. I just wanted to know if I can stay up long enough to see it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 24, 2014, 01:04:59 am »

Concentrating 3 million humans previously scattered all over the world into such a small, contiguous area with the current technology level is frankly implausible.
(Well actually it was 3 million sapients over 2 different worlds which leaves Keshan with 1.5 million humans at most. Then you have to minus the amount of those sapients that other gods decided should be non-human (like the dwarves) and you have even less. Even assuming there was only one million humans that's about the population that the city of Rome had back in ancient times. I'll concede anyway because you're GM and GM is Overgod but it's just something to keep in mind.)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #464 on: October 24, 2014, 01:06:18 am »

I haven't started it, so it probably won't come for at least another half an hour or an hour.

Regarding the humans on the map, I acknowledge your points.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 350