Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640790 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T108: Relay
« Reply #6795 on: February 08, 2015, 01:12:36 pm »

"Right. I'll just put you down on my list of Mystic Snow supporters Fortuna, and I will be sure to send a few dealers your way."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: February 08, 2015, 01:15:57 pm »

"Right. I'll just put you down on my list of Mystic Snow supporters Fortuna, and I will be sure to send a few dealers your way."

So long as you don't expect them to return, sure.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: February 08, 2015, 01:16:12 pm »

I'd by far rather have this weed than the snow. Less harmful in every way. That doesn't mean I actually like the weed, however. But it is no worse than strong drink, and will be treated in much the same way.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: February 08, 2015, 01:16:35 pm »

I'd like to create a new flower. It will be a bell shaped flower with petals purple on the outside and blood-red on the inside. It will also have thorns. They reproduce at the same rate as any flowers.
It will be possible to extract a truth serum from the petals, while the thorns will contain an antidote, which is also a deadly poison, killing in a few hours. I'll create 5 000, split equally on both main planets.
It will be called "Twilight bell""Night eye".

I'd also like to see if I'm getting any essence from worship.

Edit:
Changed their name to avoid copying.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:25:17 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #6799 on: February 08, 2015, 01:19:05 pm »

It will be called "twilight bell" due to it's coloration and shape.
((Can it not? We already have Deathbells and Twilight born... Both my races. And the bells of twilight.))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: February 08, 2015, 01:19:33 pm »

It will be called "twilight bell" due to it's coloration and shape.
((Can it not? We already have Deathbells and Twilight born... Both my races))

((ok, I'll change their name))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: February 08, 2015, 01:20:01 pm »

(Duskbloom?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: February 08, 2015, 01:31:32 pm »

"At this rate, all caravans will be considered unwanted missionaries of myself."

"Of course not. They are not actively attempting to convert my people, and are useful in spreading weapons through the world."

Well, I suppose it's impossible to worship the God of Weapons and the God of Blood at the same time. Their spheres have nothing to do with each other after all. And it's just impossible for a mortal to worship multiple gods at the same time, whilst primarily following one.

Oh, wait, no, that's the opposite of the truth.

"I don't want my followers to follow the impure foreign Gods. I would prefer it if they looked to only me, and I am not letting any of you steal them away from me. You do realize most of the A-S-H races probably don't even have blood? Of course not. You are an idiot."

I'd by far rather have this weed than the snow. Less harmful in every way. That doesn't mean I actually like the weed, however. But it is no worse than strong drink, and will be treated in much the same way.

"You don't even know anything about the snow, do you? The fact that this is constant makes it worse then the snow ever was."

I'd also like to see if I'm getting any essence from worship.

(It shows this on the Deity's sheet once a tick. It isn't something you have to check! You are getting some essence from worship, since you made your own race, though it likely isn't a lot due to their comparatively small numbers.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: February 08, 2015, 01:40:30 pm »

I would argue quite the opposite. Any Snow dealer can collect massive amounts when it does fall, and then charge massive amounts for the limited supply to addicts. I've begun filtering out anytime you say 'you don't know anything' since it seems to have become shorthand for you managing to say nothing at all of any use. It's just a way for you to point and laugh again. Only no one is laughing with you.

I do like how you added the 'probably' in there, and how you seem to be implying that no one other than Armu, Seppo, or Hovori live in those cities. But hey, if you want to play by yourself in your own little sandbox, go right ahead. It's better than you knocking over everyone else's sand castles. Keep being paranoid if you want, but I would be worried about Cim and Grauel first and foremost, of anyone; consider that they never appear active yet always are. At least when Malakath is being silly or dumb, or any of the other gods who primarily work publicly, you get a chance to protest. If Malakath had done this secretly, you wouldn't even know until after the fact.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: February 08, 2015, 01:52:17 pm »

I would argue quite the opposite. Any Snow dealer can collect massive amounts when it does fall, and then charge massive amounts for the limited supply to addicts. I've begun filtering out anytime you say 'you don't know anything' since it seems to have become shorthand for you managing to say nothing at all of any use. It's just a way for you to point and laugh again. Only no one is laughing with you.

"This just proves how much you don't know, doesn't it? You don't know anything about the effects of Mystic Snow. Nothing at all. One dealer collecting a lot of snow might make the price go up....which means that less addicts can afford it, and thus less people become addicted. Do you even know how it works? The effects it has on mortals? No, you don't. You couldn't even name its creators."

I do like how you added the 'probably' in there, and how you seem to be implying that no one other than Armu, Seppo, or Hovori live in those cities. But hey, if you want to play by yourself in your own little sandbox, go right ahead. It's better than you knocking over everyone else's sand castles. Keep being paranoid if you want, but I would be worried about Cim and Grauel first and foremost, of anyone; consider that they never appear active yet always are. At least when Malakath is being silly or dumb, or any of the other gods who primarily work publicly, you get a chance to protest. If Malakath had done this secretly, you wouldn't even know until after the fact.

"I am not sure if the Armu, Seppo, and Hovori have anything that could be considered 'blood'. Which is why I said probably. They are the majority race in the A-S-H cities, which is why I call them the A-S-H cities. The Golems live in Golem cities made of mostly Golems, the Humans live in Human cities with mostly Humans, The woodelves life in woodelf cities with mostly wood elves...You are an idiot if you haven't noticed, but more cities seem to be comprised of a single race. The A-S-H cities are a deliberate exception. I have plenty of followers who do have blood, but I don't want them worshiping the blood God. I just want the worshiping me.

It isn't being paranoid to keep foreign priests from stealing my followers. What is paranoid is thinking that the people who appear to be doing nothing are actively plotting against you. The Vindico have standing orders to KOS Malakath's follower thieves, since she was born and attempted to take them away with her Angels. It would not have ended well for her."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: February 08, 2015, 01:54:39 pm »

"For my own sanity, and the good of all godlings, I'm not going to allow this. Consider yourself on trial as of this moment Arms-Bearer."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: February 08, 2015, 01:56:39 pm »

"For my own sanity, and the good of all godlings, I'm not going to allow this. Consider yourself on trial as of this moment Arms-Bearer."

"Oh? On trial, am I? In that case, I get a lawmancer. Tykki, prepare to cast defend at a moment's notice."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: February 08, 2015, 02:11:53 pm »

Quote from: Code of Conduct
IV. Thou Shall Not Force Mortals Not To Worship Other Gods
"I stand with you, Azem. I will not vote on this trial yet, however."

Cim gets ready to counterspell Tykki.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: February 08, 2015, 02:15:22 pm »

I'm sorry Fusil, my mental filter caught the bits in the first part about you claiming I don't know anything and so the rest kinda got shuffled out. Could you repeat that, maybe with a little less condescension? Maybe I'll be able to understand you better.

I say you're paranoid because you think they're there to steal your followers. And while I wouldn't put it past Malakath, sharing and stealing aren't really the same thing. Like I said though, it's your choice if you want to keep them to yourself. That's not something I'll begrudge you, especially since I've been starting to feel very similarly, considering Melyssa and this new eldritch god and the like.

And yes, I'm paranoid on the subject of Cim and Grauel. I will admit that gladly. It pays off to be, around Gods that powerful.

Mmmmm...I would actually have to support Fusil on this one. He's not forcing mortals to stop worshipping other gods, he's trying to prevent other gods from converting his followers. Sorry Azem. At least, if that's what you were suing him for. The spirit of the law does not apply to this situation; he's not forcing the worshipers, he's forcing away the converters.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:32:28 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: February 08, 2015, 02:22:09 pm »

I'm sorry Stirk, my mental filter caught the bits in the first part about you claiming I don't know anything and so the rest kinda got shuffled out. Could you repeat that, maybe with a little less condescension? Maybe I'll be able to understand you better.

I say you're paranoid because you think they're there to steal your followers. And while I wouldn't put it past Malakath, sharing and stealing aren't really the same thing. Like I said though, it's your choice if you want to keep them to yourself. That's not something I'll begrudge you, especially since I've been starting to feel very similarly, considering Melyssa and this new eldritch god and the like.

And yes, I'm paranoid on the subject of Cim and Grauel. I will admit that gladly. It pays off to be, around Gods that powerful.

Mmmmm...I would actually have to support Fusil on this one. He's not forcing mortals to stop worshipping other gods, he's trying to prevent other gods from converting his followers. Sorry Azem. At least, if that's what you were suing him for. The spirit of the law does not apply to this situation; he's not forcing the worshipers, he's forcing away the converters.

Again on this subject? How many times will I have to repeat that I have no intention to steal anyone's follower? The small gain in worship would surely be cancelled by the amount of effort I would have to put in preventing anyone's revenge. And beside that, theft is certainly not my way of getting things. Too many risks for little reward.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:24:54 pm by FArgHalfnr »
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 475