Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640729 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T89: Trouble brewing
« Reply #5250 on: January 10, 2015, 09:36:14 am »

"It isn't that absurd, Have you thought that maybe some don't like pain and that many actively disdain it?"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: January 10, 2015, 09:45:20 am »

"It isn't that absurd, Have you thought that maybe some don't like pain and that many actively disdain it?"
"I used to fear pain when I was still mortal, but weeks of torture made me see the true beauty of pain and made me what I am today. I whish to share pain with everyone, so they can discover who they truly are."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: January 10, 2015, 09:46:30 am »

"That is slightly morbid, But each Deity to their own."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T90: Multiplication of errors
« Reply #5253 on: January 10, 2015, 10:46:44 am »

Tick 89: Multiplication of Errors

Some people who used to make Void pacts for mundane things continue to do so.

The Burning Days state that they operate transparently and were told by their founder of the Bellators. They seem to be against secrecy and subterfuge.

The Bellators have been recalled. Formerly infected Bellators' souls have been removed from their reincarnated lives and revived on the world with the castle. None of the remaining seem to be infected. The parasites are about two heads taller than the average Human. They are vicious, soulless, and seem to infect people by being near them based on observations. Hosts seem to be digested. It is difficult to draw any concrete conclusions about their intelligence. The parasites seem not to be alive.

Malakath's tutorials have received showings of countless people of various backgrounds. A substantial portion seem unable to use even the simplest of magic at all during the tutorials. There is a surprisingly high rate of assorted injuries ranging from minor cuts and bruises to loss of limbs or senses or even death even for near-trivial spells in those who attended.

Azxar has visited the ruined section of the kobold city and found it to be the result of a massive explosion that also produced extreme heat. He has begun swinging his scimitar wildly around the survivors, commanding them to hurry and clean up.

Melyssa has created Ulthon, a warhammer similar to Azxar, and given it to the self-torturer with a promotion to Second Archfiend.

KI'Tork's investigation turns up much the same information Azxar's investigation provided.

The Saints hav begun a relief service for the Kobolds, supplying food and shelter.

The Lich has been sighted destroying many parasite beasts.

Fortuna's game continues with Fortuna drawing J♦, K♥, and Q♣. The man draws 3♠, 4♥, and 9♠.
"Would you settle for a draw in exchange for my devotion?"
The bandits offer to get back to work in exchange for a boon from Fortuna. Some mines have run into pockets of incredibly valuable minerals.

The Lunagee has begun purging parasites with modest success.

Raptil has awakened!

(Wire and Giant Lightbulb: 22E)

Malakath has reformed blood bonds, continued to attack the creatures with moderate success, and propagated Nature Spirits by 3E. Those that attempt to inhabit space around Keshan seem to die quickly. The flooding river has finally stopped flooding.

Darruth has created 3M sentinels and sent them to war with the parasites. Reports indicate that they are also fairly successful. Cleansing appears not to work on the creatures.

Malakath has begun evacuating nearby towns.

Darruth has assigned the Guardian Angels and Templars to containing the parasites.

Agents of the CKG Institute in strange garb have been seen destroying the parasites with "mechanical dragons" with limited success.

Fusil's method, whatever it is, seems to be very successful but seems to be as unwieldy as having a band of traveling musicians moving from town to town. Much monster death occurs with minimal structural damage, and the streets end up mostly dry and easily cleaned. Perhaps the legends of The Janitor are true?

Malakath has teleported as many parasites as possible with 1E and magic to an isolated, barren area and incinerated them and hidden in her plane. The Bellators have returned to their castle.

(Suns as better anti-Void engines: For certain specific applications, yes.)

(Warnings for spheres: This is a tricky one, what with the constant violations going on. Would I really want to take the risk of having a messy fight spilling over into OOC?)

(Gods worshipping gods: This is incredibly silly! (but it might be a nice mechanic for a spin-off))

This update's constellations are the Ring and Horse. Solar activity continues to be slightly elevated for the Slythan sun.

(Malakath: -1E, Melyssa: -2E, Darruth: -8E, Malakath: -1E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (5) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (3) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Wind, Revelry, Magic, and Destruction. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Honesty and Anarchy.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: January 10, 2015, 10:52:32 am »

KI'Tork spends 3 Essence to investigate the Kobold City.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:07:27 am by LuckyKobold »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: January 10, 2015, 11:01:10 am »

Listen to prayers.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: January 10, 2015, 11:42:43 am »

Fortuna

Fortuna's game continues with Fortuna drawing J♦, K♥, and Q♣. The man draws 3♠, 4♥, and 9♠.
"Would you settle for a draw in exchange for my devotion?"

No. I was illustrating your folly in believing that you could defeat me, the god of Luck, in a game of chance.

I can ensure that you retain your ageless luck in return for that devotion and becoming a missionary, though.

Is there anything else?

The bandits offer to get back to work in exchange for a boon from Fortuna.

You will need to offer me something more than "getting back to work" for me to want to grant you something.

Be aware, I will not grant you anything that will directly aid you in harming another mortal being.

Some mines have run into pockets of incredibly valuable minerals.

Remind the miners and the mine owners that to maintain my favour, I desire worship and donations to my temples.

Bless any mortal that is combating the parasites with absolute luck temporarily until they finish fighting.

Visit some circuses, offering the ability to perform their more death-defying pieces correctly every time, in return for their devotion.

Listen to prayers

Malakath's tutorials have received showings of countless people of various backgrounds. A substantial portion seem unable to use even the simplest of magic at all during the tutorials. There is a surprisingly high rate of assorted injuries ranging from minor cuts and bruises to loss of limbs or senses or even death even for near-trivial spells in those who attended.

What in the name of the council are you showing these people, Malakath!?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: January 10, 2015, 11:54:33 am »

"She's probably showing them blood magic."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: January 10, 2015, 11:56:56 am »

"She's probably showing them blood all over the floor magic."

((FTFY))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: January 10, 2015, 12:00:40 pm »

((Oh I get it.))

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: January 10, 2015, 12:09:37 pm »

I can tell that bad things are coming...

How does the Oracle work, again? As in, how is its use by gods restricted?
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: January 10, 2015, 12:11:03 pm »

It costs 3E for a god to use it, and the answer is most likely to be useless.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: January 10, 2015, 01:33:52 pm »

It costs 3E for a god to use it, and the answer is most likely to be useless.
The Oracle gives answers to the questions it is asked. No more. It depends entirely upon the question asked. In fact, there are several questions I would like to ask it, however, I do not have the essence to spend on such an endeavour at the current time. Speaking of which...there's some things I'd been meaning to do.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: January 10, 2015, 01:42:19 pm »

"Actually, the Oracle's price is 'free once in a lifetime, 3E for subsequent questions'. And for useful answers, you just need to ask the right question."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: January 10, 2015, 03:34:36 pm »

Feed some captured Parasites Gruen Spores and observe the results

Feed some Parasites to some Gruen and fast forward the mutation process

Dissect a Parasite and look for any specific reproductive methods it might use such as spores, viral, etc

Have a Gruen Drone and a Parasite fight to the death and observe the results
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 475